Seattle meet anyone?
Jul 9, 2003 at 6:01 AM Post #16 of 43
Isnt zzz in seattle as well? I believe he has the EAR HP4 *drool*. I wonder why he hasnt posted here.
frown.gif

Jul 10, 2003 at 1:14 AM Post #17 of 43
Count me in too (please)!

My equipment contributions would be meagre, but I'd bring my ety4p's (and ipod) and HD280pro's and the V6 supermini as well as the legendary Orfeus (it's made by Sennhiezer! The guy I met sold it to me for less than a third of list-price!)

I'd love to meet some of you folks in/around Seattle, learn about new stuff, and hear what steely dan, ambrosia, bill evans, brahms, the tallis scholars (and others) sound like through other (better) headphones/amps/sources/interconnects/powersources/ambiance etc.

Please, let me know if there would be space.

from Ballard,
The Ligand

Jul 10, 2003 at 10:06 PM Post #19 of 43
Space? I don't think we have a location picked out yet!
biggrin.gif

However, I'm pretty busy and wouldn't have much time, if any, to plan for it.. Tim (from Experience Audio), if you happen to be following this thread, how's another meet sound?
biggrin.gif

Anyhow, I know we've thrown a few ideas around in the past, but anyone have any ideas as to where we could host a meet? It could either be at an audio store of some sort (Experience Audio, Hawthorne, Magnolia Hi-Fi, etc.), or we could host it at someone's house, or follow in Chicago's footsteps and rent a hotel?

Unfortunately, unlike other meets like the D.C., Chicago, New York, So. Cal meets, we don't have a plethora of high end sources (if any). zzz is in Seattle and I think has a Cary 306, but other than that, I don't think there are any other real good sources around here... That might pose a problem.

Jul 10, 2003 at 10:23 PM Post #20 of 43
I agree, if zzz came, that would be great.

As for locale, somewhere comfortable and preferably spacious. I'm against renting a hotel simply because, for me, that isnt a very social setting. Personally, I'm all for going to someones home. (Jeez, that sounds so presumtuous.
tongue.gif
I just think that music at "home" is always the best place. *shrug*)

I honestly would host it at my home if I could but I have a very small house and I dont think my parents would exactly approve of me bringing in a bunch of friends they didnt know and a bunch of equipment to "mess up" the house to boot.
frown.gif

Jul 10, 2003 at 10:47 PM Post #21 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by SteeleBlayde
I honestly would host it at my home if I could but I have a very small house and I dont think my parents would exactly approve of me bringing in a bunch of friends they didnt know and a bunch of equipment to "mess up" the house to boot.
frown.gif

I'd host it.. but my studio apartment is barely large enough to fit me, much less any other people
biggrin.gif

Jul 10, 2003 at 11:37 PM Post #23 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by SteeleBlayde
Thats similar to me, haha. I get the basement here, rest of the house is off limits.
tongue.gif

I bet your basement is bigger than my room
wink.gif

Jul 10, 2003 at 11:42 PM Post #24 of 43
Just wondering, do the local libraries there have meeting rooms that patrons can check out for few hours. I know our local library provides this service for their patrons.

Jul 11, 2003 at 3:22 AM Post #25 of 43
Quote:

Originally posted by john_jcb
Just wondering, do the local libraries there have meeting rooms that patrons can check out for few hours. I know our local library provides this service for their patrons.

Hey.. this isn't a bad idea. I think we floated the idea of one of the UW libraries, as well. Around where is everyone coming from? (And where would be more convenient?)

Jul 11, 2003 at 3:28 AM Post #26 of 43
im right across the lake from ya in kirkland..

Jul 11, 2003 at 6:37 AM Post #28 of 43
I'm over on Mercer Island. Dont worry, I dont fit the stereotype of poverty rock.
wink.gif

By the way, if we do this, we should try to get it together sometime this month. Otherwise I wont be able to make it and those who want to listen to Alessandro MS Pros wont get the chance to and I wont be able to listen to RS1's and HD600's.
tongue.gif

Jul 11, 2003 at 7:34 AM Post #29 of 43
Haircuts at 75 cents a side, I live in Ballard.
k1000smile.gif
(none of the smilies are square)

If we can't find a better place, we could probably do it at my house. My parents probably wouldn't object as long as you're all nice people and I could say that I'd met a couple of you beforehand (who had met more of the others etc.)

It's probably an option (and would be a lot of fun), but a library/some other place could be easier or people might feel more comfortable going to the house of a more known person (on head-fi) than I.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back