Headcode
L3

LH Labs
Geek Pulse Infinite with LPS PSU

Headphones
Audeze EL8C
Hifman HE-500 and HE1000

Power
Exact power ep15a Regenerator with Maestro Outlet, TeslaPlex Outlet, Acme Silver Cryo Outlet.

Nov 27, 2015 at 3:47 PM Post #62 of 143
I just ordered my Fostex Mahogany THX00 from Massdrop for $399: http://www.massdrop.com/buy/fostex-x-massdrop-th-x00/

I can't say there will be more available by next Sunday so if that strikes your interest I highly suggest jumping on the group buy because that price is a no-brainer. (1200+ units sold within the first 4 hours with only 1950 units available) But if you're wanting to hear them first, I talked to Will at Massdrop and he's sending a demo unit just in time to make this meet! 

The Fostex/Massdrop THX00 will be at the December 6th meet folks.

Nov 27, 2015 at 11:54 PM Post #63 of 143
  I just ordered my Fostex Mahogany THX00 from Massdrop for $399: http://www.massdrop.com/buy/fostex-x-massdrop-th-x00/

I can't say there will be more available by next Sunday so if that strikes your interest I highly suggest jumping on the group buy because that price is a no-brainer. (1200+ units sold within the first 4 hours with only 1950 units available) But if you're wanting to hear them first, I talked to Will at Massdrop and he's sending a demo unit just in time to make this meet! 

These look simply luscious.

Nov 29, 2015 at 3:50 PM Post #65 of 143

My wife allowed me to place an order for them :) woohoo! Next I will upgrade these to a balanced norne audio cable! Maybe a cool brown and black sleeve to go with the beautiful wood.
We are hoping to get a pair that looks like the one on the right. My wife loves the look of mahogany and the price was a no brainer. We ordered them about an hour after they dropped. Too bad we just missed the first 250 or so. Maybe have been around 750-800th?

Nov 29, 2015 at 4:14 PM Post #66 of 143
Gear we plan to bring will be:

Psaudio p300 a/c regenerator - (1/2 tesla plexi outlet, 2/2 gaofei rhodium plated red copper outlet)(maybe, 50/50 chance) depends on interest.
Brick wall 8 outlet audio filter conditioner (more likely)

Audio-GD master11 - hot transported with Cyberpower sinewave ups
iPad for source and apple cck.

Gustard u12 DDC (crystek 957's, Panasonic caps, and IC swap to correct i2s pin out for HDMI) (maybe...)

Hifiman he560's modded grille. Norne audio Zoetic balanced cable.
Oppo pm3 with Norne audio Zoetix balanced cable

Cables- synergistic research tesla t1 power cable
Ps audio lab cable 8 gauge / cryo'd with upgraded silver plated red copper connectors from sonarquest
Supra USB cable
7ft Double Helix Cables balanced XLR 3pin cables for those who want to try their Dac with the master 11's amp and compare with m11 Dac.

I also will be bringing a selection of Norne Audio cables. Unknown at this point to the specifics, likely some of the Zoetic silverguarde sc, silverguarde s, draug2 and Therium cables for iems. Likely for he1000, pm3, he560, hd800 and iem mmcx or 2pin. Any requests? Need to know soon.

Nov 29, 2015 at 4:28 PM Post #67 of 143

My wife allowed me to place an order for them
smily_headphones1.gif
woohoo! Next I will upgrade these to a balanced norne audio cable! Maybe a cool brown and black sleeve to go with the beautiful wood.
We are hoping to get a pair that looks like the one on the right. My wife loves the look of mahogany and the price was a no brainer. We ordered them about an hour after they dropped. Too bad we just missed the first 250 or so. Maybe have been around 750-800th?

I ordered one too. Hopefully they sell out quick and ship so we all get to bring them to the meet. Otherwise, we will all have to lean hard on soundsgoodtome and his loaner pair. We appreciate you stepping up for us Andrew. 
L3000.gif

New FiiO X7 tour unit coming!!!

On another note, good news - I got the new FiiO X7 tour unit this weekend which will allow me to bring it to the meet next weekend. So far first impressions are that it sounds great with my HD700, but not so great synergy with my NT6pros. This is the first time that I have found something that doesn't pair well with the pros - congestion in mids. This opinion may change with a longer listen and different music. @Torq should have his Chord Mojo there to compare directly to the X7, but having heard his Mojo, I think we will find that the Mojo SQ is better, but the X7 is much more useful as a well implemented stand alone DAP. We are splitting hairs at this level of SQ so it will be interesting to determine the consensus. I will also bring my AK100ii so everyone can compare since they are close in price and would be happy to bring my X5 original too if anyone cares to compare it too.

Liquid Carbon???

On a final note, I am hoping AtomicBob or someone else gets their Liquid Carbon in time for the party so we can see how the Fostex TH-X00 pairs. From hearing it at RMAF and reading the X00 signature description, my thought is it will be a stellar pairing. However, my guess is that the Eddie Current Black Widow would be the ultimate pairing with the X00 having spent some time with it. Unfortunately, I couldn't align my home trial of that one with a meet so others could hear what I did. However, that was the one that went directly to Tyll at InnerFidelity for his TOTL amp/HP shootout where it was highly praised repeatedly if you need any backup for my becoming a fan boy.

Nov 29, 2015 at 5:10 PM Post #68 of 143
Definitely would love to try the x7 for sq on full sized phones, it interests me to run tandem with Tidal and finally drop Spotify for discovery.

And of course the ever - hyped (forever delayed) liquid carbon.

11-30 edit, only 99 60 50 thx00 left. I really don't think there will be any left by the meet.

Nov 30, 2015 at 4:36 PM Post #69 of 143
^ Thanks for the heads-up. Joined the drop also for the THX00.
   Read some review that it should pair very well with a good tube amp.

Nov 30, 2015 at 4:53 PM Post #71 of 143
Hi guys,

This Saturday will be my first time at a meet, ever. I was wondering if there is any news on whether there will be a pair of Abyss ab 1266s to listen to? Really hoping to finally decide on my next pair of headphones this weekend. You know how that goes... 
rolleyes.gif
 Cheers. 

Nov 30, 2015 at 5:15 PM Post #72 of 143
  Should be there.

Will be bringing

Phil LaRocco
Headcode
L3

LH Labs
Geek Pulse Infinite with LPS PSU

Headphones
Audeze EL8C
Hifman HE-500 and HE1000

Power
Exact power ep15a Regenerator with Maestro Outlet, TeslaPlex Outlet, Acme Silver Cryo Outlet.

I'm interested to know your opinion on your Power regenerator. Also which is your favorite outlet and why?  I've been considering the Maestro Outlet, and I have a Teslaplex and also a Gaofei Rhodium plated red copper (translucent blue outlet). Also another Vangaurd 24K cryo outlet. 

I'm on the fence to which I like best, as the teslaplex is so bright sounding with some recordings. 

Would love to talk to you more about this at the meet. I may be bringing my PS300 ac regenerator with the teslaplex and gaofei outlets. 

Nov 30, 2015 at 5:36 PM Post #73 of 143
  Hi guys,

This Saturday will be my first time at a meet, ever. I was wondering if there is any news on whether there will be a pair of Abyss ab 1266s to listen to? Really hoping to finally decide on my next pair of headphones this weekend. You know how that goes... 
rolleyes.gif
 Cheers. 

It will be on Sunday Dec. 6 and not Saturday just to let you know.

Nov 30, 2015 at 9:33 PM Post #75 of 143

On a final note, I am hoping AtomicBob or someone else gets their Liquid Carbon in time for the party so we can see how the Fostex TH-X00 pairs. 

I have my Liquid Carbon. I was in the first batch that was shipped. It will be at the meet. I don't know if AtomicBob has gotten his Liquid Carbon yet.

I also got in the TH-X00 drop. I don't expect to have it by the meet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back