Seattle Head-fi meet at BottleHeadquarters 7/27/13
Jul 21, 2013 at 4:39 PM Post #76 of 102
I'm gonna bring my ZDSE with TH-900. I love this thing.

I would love to hear the NAD M51 GG....pls drag it along.
Can't wait to hear the Electra since no one will post impressions!

Impressions.....? what are those:wink: I will bring a couple different output. Right now its voiced warmer like my BA but I can make it a lot clearer and detailed with 1 tube change.

I always wanted to hear the ZD and I am glad I can get another chance with the th900.

Jul 21, 2013 at 11:20 PM Post #77 of 102
Quote:
Anybody interested local in an ayon skylla dac for a good price?:p

I go away for a few weeks and you have a fire sale?  What the heck?  LOL

Doc - Do you have a HDMI monitor hanging around your place?  I could use that USB mouse and keyboard in case my server goes tweaky on me.

Jul 21, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #78 of 102
I was thinking of upgrading my dac but I think I am going to wait for a while. My power conditioner is the only thing I am selling at the moment,

Did you get your computer server up and running?

Jul 22, 2013 at 3:10 PM Post #79 of 102
Yup, server is up and running.  I bought a small travel router and external HDD for use at meets, but at home it's usually set up to pull from my network.  Depending on if I can get a few minutes of use of an HDMI monitor and mouse/keyboard, I can also run a quick script to prioritize processes in Windows 8.  I usually do this at home by logging on to the server remotely from my PC.  So the setup may not sound quite as good as I think it does at home, but it's 95%+ of it.  :)

Jul 22, 2013 at 3:13 PM Post #80 of 102
I am sure it will sound better than your last travel source, at least will have more music selection.:p

Jul 22, 2013 at 7:43 PM Post #81 of 102
Afraid we are pretty old school here, and all of our monitors seem to have DVI-D ports. 

Also, we don't have a headcount yet and we are a little more cramped for space here than in the past. We have a large couch and chair in the listening room now, and can only fit about two or maybe three tables up there. We can fit one or two setups in the front office, there are two desks available in my office, we can fit three or four setups in the lab, and as this is not a lunch gig we will have space for three to four setups on the bench in the packing room that is usually the feeding trough. Eileen has also rented a tent that will be right at the back door. So if we fill up inside there will be space for tables and I'll run power so we can accommodate more setups there.

Jul 22, 2013 at 8:25 PM Post #82 of 102
Quote:
I am sure it will sound better than your last travel source, at least will have more music selection.:p

Haha...true that.  I think it sounds better, but that's so subjective so I'm looking forward to what others say.

Quote:
Afraid we are pretty old school here, and all of our monitors seem to have DVI-D ports. 

K...I might look at bringing my monitor and gear from home.  I'd rather not, because I think it'll involve a lot of crawling around behind my comp, but that may be the best solution.  Would suck to get there and my server decides it needs an update or something so it doesn't boot up smoothly.  One issue with the headless setup.

Jul 22, 2013 at 9:00 PM Post #84 of 102
Can I get that space in the lab that I had used the past couple of times?

Jul 22, 2013 at 9:02 PM Post #85 of 102
I just noticed, this starts at 3:00? --- till what time?

Jul 23, 2013 at 12:13 PM Post #87 of 102
Quote:
Can I get that space in the lab that I had used the past couple of times?

Sure, I'll reserve it for you. And I penciled in 3-7p.m. for the event. I think the brewery is open until 9, so if anyone wants to hang out after that I'm sure they will be happy to see you.

Jul 23, 2013 at 11:04 PM Post #89 of 102
I'm coming from North Seattle. Can pick someone up on the way just call or pm me. Will be bringing the SinglePower mpx3 Arcam 73 with a Lorroco DAC with all the cables and such. Also the hd 650 and ms2's .

Jul 24, 2013 at 1:18 AM Post #90 of 102
I don't know if I should bring the M51 because I did technically smuggle it across customs in order to avoid duties/taxes. :| I'm afraid if I re-enter with it, they're going to ding me. I can probably bring a Concero and/or X-SABRE down there with permission from the owner of the Concero. Won't be bringing anything else though, no equipment to bring. Further, it'd be funny to just have dacs at a table so if there is some interest in either of these two dacs, I'd need to find someone who would take them under their wing and do some [faulty meet] a/b/c ing...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back