Sealed, ~$150
Apr 21, 2009 at 10:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

Ruel

Head-Fier
Looking for a good choice for a sealed headphone. I have been listening to a pair of Grado SR60 headphones. I would like some sealed 'phones as I find myself in public/traveling frequently and the leakage is an issue.

I primarily listen to classical music - vocal. I listen through an iPod touch 2nd Gen. and a MacBook. I have a notably large head. Ideally I'd like to headphones to be sturdy as they will frequently be used during travel. "Packable" would be nice as well.

I'm looking to spend ~$150. Currently, I am looking at the Denon AH-D1001K and Audio-Technica ATH-M50.

Thanks a bunch,
Ruel
dt880smile.png

Apr 21, 2009 at 10:36 PM Post #2 of 8
Denon D-1001 is a pretty good sounding headphone...although i think that it leaks a lot of sound both out and in (gf told me
frown.gif
). Also, they are not really the most "packable" as they dont fold or anything like that, and they earcups feel like they would break in my bag. One final thing is that while they are circumaural, they are bbbbbaarely circumaural. I guess i have like a medium sized head. Not the biggest earcups.

Havent tried the AT, though HeadRoom raves about them as the best studying sort of headphones, and i believe they primarily listen to classical tunes as well. They also fold.

One of the sort of new things im checking out is the Shure SRH series headphones coming out this summer. again, waiting on the release for them, but im interested because they seem to be the opposite of the flaws i said of the D1001 (although the denons sound pretty good to me) and beta tests say they sound way better than how much they cost. Cool ! So check out the AT for now or wait for the Shure...

Apr 21, 2009 at 11:34 PM Post #4 of 8
the denon d1001 do not leak that much sound unless ur on like max volume or something crazy high volume

Apr 21, 2009 at 11:37 PM Post #5 of 8
I'm gonna give another input for the D1000s.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back