SE535 to JH16...thoughts and inputs needed
Apr 17, 2013 at 10:22 PM Post #46 of 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

I find the JH13 to be the one with the fewest tradeoffs and broadest excellence.

I used to think that about my ES5.

Originally Posted by 3X0 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

That said, 3 years ago there weren't these newfangled universals...

Haha! yes, there has been such an explosion of truly high-end, world-class universals in the last year that a lot of people can't wrap their heads around. Contradicts the paradigm. 

Edit: @Teke - ya I pretty much agree with everything you're saying. And I agree all perspectives are different for sure. BA can do great bass, but I have yet to hear one that can truly pop and bump on a big scale. 

Apr 18, 2013 at 12:54 PM Post #47 of 121
So basically here is what I have gather until now through this thread and research. 

1. Different drivers will give different sounds but it ultimately comes down to how it is tuned (so basically like car audio and boxes). 

1. They are expensive universal fits that I might like better than the customs

1. Customs could be a disaster and never fit correctly or they can be the perfect match. 

1. The number of the drivers in the headphones does NOT reflect on the sound quality they can deliver.

1. Since 2010 there is been a huge boom in the high end headphone world and from the looks of it and the history they usually upgrade there stuff every five years which mean probably 2 years from now JH and most other people will have a new flagship out.

1. I could try to find used ones and if they customs re-shell them and get them for way cheaper.

1. And last but not least and the most importantly...gotta try them out to see if I would like them. 

I guess until the meet up I can learn how to make my own cables because shure sure, no pun intended, as hell does not know how to (even though they have one the greatest customer service I have ever came across) and learn about amps.

Apr 18, 2013 at 2:02 PM Post #48 of 121
I'd say that's a pretty tidy, informative little summary. You're doing your research and keeping an open mind. Good job. Like a good Longhorn. \m/

Apr 18, 2013 at 4:02 PM Post #50 of 121
Quote:
Thanks bud! :)

Yeah I never was one those people that asked what is the best of this or that.

Hook'em

Quote:
I'd say that's a pretty tidy, informative little summary. You're doing your research and keeping an open mind. Good job. Like a good Longhorn. \m/

SMH.... Longhorns.  Shoulda just told you to buy a super expensive amp to get the best SQ.

Apr 24, 2013 at 12:34 PM Post #51 of 121
Okay I can't seem to find what kind of drivers the 535s have. Does anybody know what drives them because I could use them as a good base knowledge and for some different ones to listen to during the meet ups

Apr 24, 2013 at 2:46 PM Post #52 of 121
The Custom 6+ drivers IEMs are much better sounding than universal IEMs under $500 and comparing them to universal IEMs are like comparing iPod jukebox soundsystem to very highend floor standing speaker system. As some members stated BA drivers CIEMs can't produce bass compare to dynamic drivers IEMs are all not true because if you compare UE TF10Pro, Westone 3, Klipsch Image X10, X5, Custom 3, Sony BXA3 bass to Sony EX600, RE0, RE-ZERO, JVC FXT90 and you will amaze these BA drivers bass has much more amount than these dynamic drivers IEMs.

Apr 24, 2013 at 2:55 PM Post #53 of 121
Quote:
Okay I can't seem to find what kind of drivers the 535s have. Does anybody know what drives them because I could use them as a good base knowledge and for some different ones to listen to during the meet ups

3 X balanced armatures.

Apr 24, 2013 at 3:06 PM Post #54 of 121
The Custom 6+ drivers IEMs are much better sounding than universal IEMs under $500 and comparing them to universal IEMs are like comparing iPod jukebox soundsystem to very highend floor standing speaker system. As some members stated BA drivers CIEMs can't produce bass compare to dynamic drivers IEMs are all not true because if you compare UE TF10Pro, Westone 3, Klipsch Image X10, X5, Custom 3, Sony BXA3 bass to Sony EX600, RE0, RE-ZERO, JVC FXT90 and you will amaze these BA drivers bass has much more amount than these dynamic drivers IEMs.

Dude, you cannot just come on here spouting outlier opinions like this. At the very least, disclaimer it with it being your own opinion. Making drastic statements like you just made is unprofessional and irresponsible around here. Or maybe you're just trolling! 
redface.gif

1. Your opinions are not in line with the general public.
2. Your qualification for your statements is not valid in the least. You're making extreme generalizations based on limited experience. Not to mention you have no qualification for your first sentence. What are you even basing your criteria on? 

I don't want junior members being misled by ignorant statements. If this is what you believe, that's fine. But say it's your opinion or present a rational, logical explanation. 

Apr 24, 2013 at 3:11 PM Post #55 of 121
It's all opinion anyway. No one agrees on how transducers (speakers or headphones) are supposed to measure or sound, and a unanimously ideal response is.. impossible.

Not sure about other CIEMs but I consider the bass "type" of the JH13/JH16 (non-FP; haven't owned the FP models) to be pretty much the real thing as far as I'm subjectively concerned and I don't doubt the possibility that other CIEMs can do the same or even better. Others will settle for no less than LCD-2/LCD-3 material.

Apr 24, 2013 at 3:14 PM Post #56 of 121
Quote:
It's all opinion anyway. No one agrees on how transducers (speakers or headphones) are supposed to measure or sound, and a unanimously ideal response is.. impossible.

Exactly. It cannot be stated as fact. 

Bass preference is all over the place. Nothing wrong with either dynamic or BA presentation. It is, all opinion. :)

Apr 24, 2013 at 3:35 PM Post #57 of 121
Quote:

Dude, you cannot just come on here spouting outlier opinions like this. At the very least, disclaimer it with it being your own opinion. Making drastic statements like you just made is unprofessional and irresponsible around here. Or maybe you're just trolling! 
redface.gif

1. Your opinions are not in line with the general public.
2. Your qualification for your statements is not valid in the least. You're making extreme generalizations based on limited experience. Not to mention you have no qualification for your first sentence. What are you even basing your criteria on? 

I don't want junior members being misled by ignorant statements. If this is what you believe, that's fine. But say it's your opinion or present a rational, logical explanation. 

Glad you said that (I thought it).The problem is you could say that about multiple comments across the forum. As forums go, this is definitely a case of more posts the better/trustworthy. I think some people forget, this is an expensive hobby and misleading anybody, let alone a new member, is irresponsible.

Apr 24, 2013 at 3:36 PM Post #58 of 121
well I understand there is a huge difference but there has to be base I can set everything upon. If I listen to a BA driver and then different drivers in the same price range then I can have something to set my knowledge upon. But even then these won't matter because the shells are tuned differently.

Not all 18" subs are better just like they are SPL and SQ subs and they are sealed boxes, horns, ported, and...when it comes to audio and visual devices  it is all opinions but I am just try to build a foundation.

there is a point of diminishing returns and finding that would also be nice. Like if you get idk JH16 with amps and upgraded cables after that you are not seeing much return...until technology does it's job again and things improve way more.

Quote:

3 X balanced armatures.

Thanks

Apr 24, 2013 at 3:44 PM Post #59 of 121
Quote:

The problem is you could say that about multiple comments across the forum. As forums go, this is definitely a case of more posts the better/trustworthy. I think some people forget, this is an expensive hobby and misleading anybody, let alone a new member, is irresponsible.

Boy, isn't that the truth. And so unfortunate. Makes me mad when I see it. People depend heavily on the opinions around here. And rash posts like that harm the whole system. 

Apr 24, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #60 of 121
Quote:

Boy, isn't that the truth. And so unfortunate. Makes me mad when I see it. People depend heavily on the opinions around here. And rash posts like that harm the whole system. 

+1 You can't just depend on opinions. For audio, there are preferences. About 5 different head-fiers recommended me HD598 for my taste of music, and I regret buying HD598 now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back