SE530s broken...again!
Nov 15, 2008 at 9:56 PM Post #16 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by jinx20001 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
yeh the code is basically this, the first 3 digits is the day, the last is the year, mine is 1658, so mine were made on the 165th day of 2008. yours again is made in 2008 so should be the up to date cable. but yeh your right they probably wanna see if your still in warranty. and as they were made in 08 you certainly are.

Ah yer, I remember that being explained on here before now; you jogged my memory! Get them sent off Modday and look forward to the replacement
smily_headphones1.gif

Nov 15, 2008 at 10:05 PM Post #17 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by BloodSugar00 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Ah yer, I remember that being explained on here before now; you jogged my memory! Get them sent off Modday and look forward to the replacement
smily_headphones1.gif

yeh, you might want to write them a polite letter just saying it would be great to have a 2008 product back so you have the updated cable. i dont think they will send you an old set back but there have been people that get the older versions with the older cables dont know why.

Nov 16, 2008 at 4:26 AM Post #18 of 35
Quote:

get the older versions with the older cables dont know why.

How else are they gonna rid of the old stock?
tongue.gif

They are hoping by the time the replacement breaks, maybe *something* else happens.

Just thinking like a businessman.

Nov 16, 2008 at 11:12 AM Post #19 of 35
From what date did the new cabled SE530's appear?

Nov 16, 2008 at 12:56 PM Post #20 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Little Bob /img/forum/go_quote.gif
From what date did the new cabled SE530's appear?

im going to guess mid 07 because i had the older cable before and it was made november 06, so ill guess maybe mid 07, shure doesnt release this info in case people with no problems want the new cable

Nov 16, 2008 at 3:44 PM Post #21 of 35
Quote:

whats the cable date? theres a code on the cable, 4 digits usually found on the centre modular jack of the earphones, what is that code for the record??

shure will replace them if they are under warranty. shure has revised the cable but alot of places are still selling the older compound construction. when i sent mine to shure i wrote them a letter specifically asking for a 2008 model with the updated cable, and they delivered on my wish.

the code is 0038 SE530...
I'm glad I bought a pair of E500PTHs that broke on me XD

And yes, the shop does offer local warranty, but apparently he has his stock shipped from all the way over in the US, which is why for the first year (and once only), the shop actually sends my earphones back to the US for free, which is what happened once before. If I do that again, he'd charge me. I don't know how it'll go if I go to the local Shure service centre though.

Nov 16, 2008 at 6:50 PM Post #22 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by phnx90 /img/forum/go_quote.gif

And yes, the shop does offer local warranty, but apparently he has his stock shipped from all the way over in the US, which is why for the first year (and once only), the shop actually sends my earphones back to the US for free, which is what happened once before. If I do that again, he'd charge me. I don't know how it'll go if I go to the local Shure service centre though.

the shop should exchange yours for some they have in stock, sending them off for you isnt called warranty lol

Nov 16, 2008 at 6:54 PM Post #23 of 35
Quote:

i dont get it??? why are you glad? and are they e500 or se530? because if they are e500 that explains the cable, if they are se530 made in 08 then its unusual to get a cracking cable or breaking grip as ive found the newer cables dont stiffen up. i dont know how anybody manages to break the grip, it seems pretty well stuck on there to me, the only punishment it should receive is the pulling out of the earphones and its fairly flexible to prevent damage. do you usually pull on the cord when taking them out?

Nov 16, 2008 at 11:31 PM Post #24 of 35
No, I bought a pair of e500s for a good deal, and they broke. So Shure gave me a pair of SE530s.

And by the shop warranty, if the 530s broke, they'd give me a new pair provided it was within a fortnight; sending it off for free is a little extra.

I used to pull by the cord, but that made my E500s break, I think, so I pull it out by the monitors themselves. I don't see how the rubber guard could have broken off either, to be honest.

Nov 16, 2008 at 11:35 PM Post #26 of 35
Quote:

No, I bought a pair of e500s for a good deal, and they broke. So Shure gave me a pair of SE530s.

And by the shop warranty, if the 530s broke, they'd give me a new pair provided it was within a fortnight; sending it off for free is a little extra.

I used to pull by the cord, but that made my E500s break, I think, so I pull it out by the monitors themselves. I don't see how the rubber guard could have broken off either, to be honest.

looks like it just wasnt your day
tongue.gif
better luck next time, 3rd time lucky

Nov 19, 2008 at 5:05 AM Post #28 of 35
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ad Rock /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Have people been having similar problems with the Shure SE-420's?

bought mines in june, the rubber guards came off in september (the right one was loose. So I cut them both off. Been waiting for the eventual to happen but I'm very careful when pulling them out my ears.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back