SE530 to SE535 Transition Question
Aug 24, 2011 at 2:16 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Topmounter

100+ Head-Fier
I just did the crash-replacement deal with Shure on my ~2 year old SE530's and received a new set of SE535's yesterday.  I love the way they fit in my ears and they sound great.  However I'm really missing the wire setup that came on the SE530's... short wires connecting to a plug at the sternum.

A few questions:

1) Does anyone make and sell quality off-the-shelf replacement wires with this configuration?

2) Is there a custom shop in the United States that has experience doing this sort of work and is good at it?

3) If I wanted to break out the soldering iron and do the work myself, who sells the SE535 connectors and high quality parts that I would need to take on this project?

Thanks in advance for any help.

Aug 24, 2011 at 4:44 PM Post #2 of 4
This is a good question. I really liked the short cable on the 530s cause I use a sansa clip and would just clip the player to my shirt at work or when exercising. Help us out (bump)

Aug 24, 2011 at 6:03 PM Post #3 of 4
Have you tried Moon Audio (www.moon-audio.com)?  They did something similar for me with an old pair of Shure E4g several years ago.  The work was impeccable.  I was actually thinking of contacting them about shortening the cable on my SE535, it's about 12 inches too long for my tastes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back