Se530 & PTH modual
Aug 5, 2009 at 1:59 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

crewchief

100+ Head-Fier
Now I have owned my 530's for about a month now and rarely do I ever use the PTH modual and usually just run them straight out of my 2nd gen touch which love and don't know how I functioned with my 5.5 gen iPod before. Anyways I always thought that the PTH would come in handy during certian times like shopping when you have to talk to a salesperson real quick you could flip the switch instead of popping an ear piece out. As many of you know simplly pessing mute does not work with the level of isolation these provide.

Anyways my question is how much sound quality is affected by the PTH as the way I see it this modual is a potential in line low level hum machine with it's own power supply plus the fact that you are putting in two more connectors in line. Which btw is one thing that I consider a negative about the Shures is the whole three cable thing to adjust cord length. I would just rather have one solid clean three foot cable and if people want more then they can extend it if they want and if shorter then too F'n bad as you are too small a base to worry about. I mean you don't see moon audio have three connectors inline so that you can have a 10' cable no you order the single piece that you want as the less splices the better. Every basic in electricity and circuit design will tell you that.

Wow sorry this turned into a rant.

Joel

Aug 5, 2009 at 5:26 PM Post #3 of 5
The size of the PTH module killed any urge for me to use it completely after first few times. To me, it needs to be at least the size of the Shure MPA adaptor... any bigger is a hassle. I did not notice discernible difference in sound quality while having it connected or anything though. To me it sounds the same.

I don't mind the bimodular cable in concept that much, but I do feel that it can be a little chunky and weigh down on your ears. Shirt clip solves this problem a bit but I do feel that they should have made it a little thinner and lighter. However, don't forget that their bimodular design is limited to their SE line ONLY. If you want Shure IEM's with a single line cable you can alway go for their E/SCL line which sound just as good if not better than their SE counterparts.

Aug 10, 2009 at 12:39 AM Post #4 of 5
Wow I am surprised that the only complaints are the size and clunkiness of it. I deffimately don't think it justifies a $50 price increase. I have heard of people listing their modual on eBay and actually getting $50 for them. I am thinking of putting it up here on these forums as I have only used it once for a whopping 5 min just to give it a try.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back