SE530 burn in time?
Aug 1, 2007 at 6:07 PM Post #2 of 15
Armatures do not require burn in, they would sound the same as ever.

There are reports of other components like the actual "cable" burning in, but whether it's placebo or real, it's extremely minimal.

General rule is, armatures don't burn in.

Aug 1, 2007 at 6:31 PM Post #4 of 15
it took my head about 150 hours to get used to how the SE530's sounded.

just one day when i was walking to school it really hit me, I don't believe in burn in, but i do believe in your head taking time to get aquainted with how something sounds, and I believe that is what happened.

the sound stage really opened up for me

then a week later the cable broke

plainface.gif

Aug 1, 2007 at 7:56 PM Post #7 of 15
Agree that these take time getting used to. I was disappointed at first. They sounded all dark and bassy. The treble was very attenuated.

Now, the treble is still attenuated, but I have accepted it and now enjoy them for having terrific bass and warm open midrange.

I didn't hear any break in changes.

Aug 1, 2007 at 8:02 PM Post #9 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Assorted /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Armatures do not require burn in, they would sound the same as ever.
There are reports of other components like the actual "cable" burning in, but whether it's placebo or real, it's extremely minimal.
General rule is, armatures don't burn in.

this is the generally accepted view. i'm not sure why that it should be so and would appreciate it if someone could explain it.
for whatever reason the reports on the ue triple.fi do claim distinct changes with time despite the fact that they have balanced armature drivers. perhaps it's cable burn in?

Mar 17, 2009 at 5:12 PM Post #10 of 15
my se530s sounded like crap out of the box.
but within 1 minute they were getting better

maybe burn in isn't needed
but something is adjusting...like u said cables or something.
2 minutes in and its balancing out. everything is coming alive.....sweeeeeeeet!

Mar 17, 2009 at 7:22 PM Post #12 of 15
Personally speaking, there is no real burning in for the Shures at least. It's just getting used to different tips, the cables.

I started with bi-flanges and switched to the new soft silicones, then went to olives, then went to yellow foam, then went to cut down ety black foam, then back to olives.

Finding the right sound is where the time is spent, just experiment with different tips and enjoy the SE530s.

Mar 18, 2009 at 3:24 AM Post #13 of 15
Not really related, but I have had mine for quite while and had used it with a portable cd player and an amp. Sounded pretty darn good. I got the Itouch ipod today and put the se530 into the headphone socket. My tunes are ripped in the ipod on Apple Lossless. The sound is not so great. I can't use my amp with the ipod because there is no line out and I do not have a cable yet. Does everything sound like crap direct out of an ipod jack or is it the ipod amp does not have enough to drive the se530?

Feb 21, 2010 at 11:41 AM Post #14 of 15
well has anyone tried buying 2 sets of the same BA iems at the same time, from the same batch, keeping one the box and using the other regularly?

and after that, let another person do a blind test to see if there is any difference in the sound?

Feb 21, 2010 at 11:42 AM Post #15 of 15
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kclone /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Not really related, but I have had mine for quite while and had used it with a portable cd player and an amp. Sounded pretty darn good. I got the Itouch ipod today and put the se530 into the headphone socket. My tunes are ripped in the ipod on Apple Lossless. The sound is not so great. I can't use my amp with the ipod because there is no line out and I do not have a cable yet. Does everything sound like crap direct out of an ipod jack or is it the ipod amp does not have enough to drive the se530?

what do u mean? "I can't use my amp with the ipod because there is no line out"

Users who are viewing this thread

Back