Se215 vs Ue600 vs IE2 vs???
Nov 7, 2011 at 9:15 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Joe Mox

New Head-Fier
Hi, 1st post on this great forum, and don't really know how to expose my problem.

I usually listen to my Ipod nano 5 with a modded old Senn cx300, with 24awg braided OFC cable, Neutrik jack.

My main problem with this is that the cable is rather stiff, and it's not confortable when i need to listen to music while running (about 1h a day). In fact, it pops out of my ear everytime i turn my head...

I'd like to buy a new iem with the same SQ than my old bits, wich is surprisingly difficult to find: since recabled, the sound stage increased dramatically, the bass is tight and mids and high are crystal clear, at least for my newbie ear, i can only compare with my 2001 Hd-25.
Price range about 100$.

I tried the IE2 first: i let 'em burn for 3h before going out for a run, and here comes the verdict

Pros: confort, open (great for running), BOSE SOUND! (some like it)

Cons: BOSE SOUND!, price...

Well, i didn't really like it. I'm not in the BOSE SOUND! thing, i like clear and balanced sound with space.
The fact that it's open doesn't help, it has too much "color", seems overpriced, too.

Next was the Shure Se215.

Pros: fitting in ear, Ginormous Bass, removable cable

Cons: Too much bass, in fact...and cable stiffness

I could really love the Shure if the mids and highs were more detailed. It also lacks of soundstage.
Didn't like the cable, too. Mine was really stiff and kind of sticky(?), perhaps because it was brand new.

Last one i tried, the UE 600.

Pros: sounds really good (for me, again), great mids, good bass, nice soundstage

Cons: not as confortable as the over two, not really a low profile iem!

Really like the sound of the Logit..sorry, UE, a kind of flat spectrum, not too colored.

OK, so for the main question:
I saw everywhere on this forum that the best IEM for this price range are the Re0, or some Etymotics ones.
I can't compare with the 3 i tried, so i'd like some advice to choose wich one is the best for me.

Thanks!

Nov 8, 2011 at 12:01 AM Post #2 of 2
The RE0, RE-ZERO, EX510, Philips SHE9850, FXC51 are highly recommended.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back