SE215 or TS02 for metal, hard rock, bit of blues?
Aug 28, 2013 at 4:14 AM Post #16 of 19
Seems like a good price. Maybe you can share your opinion of them here soon.

Dec 26, 2013 at 2:31 AM Post #18 of 19
Well, I know it's been 4 months since I was originally looking.  I finally ended up with a set of TS02's for Christmas today.  Quick listening through a few different devices, same source material on each (Lumia 1020 phone, Zune 8GB player, PC with HT Omega Claro Halo soundcard) I'm impressed so far.  Surprisingly my soundcard headphone output seemed thin although I just realized something.  It's currently jumpered for high impedance output for my Sennheiser PC-350 headset, oops.  Hope I didn't potentially damage the headphone amp in it or the headphones. I'm guessing that is the reason for the extremely different sound there.  I had totally forgotten about that factor before plugging in.

edit:  Forgot to mention why I was impressed, got sidetracked with the soundcard thing and hit "submit" lol.  Anyway, I don't have the money to spend that some of you guys do, but these definitely blow away anything else I've ever used for earbuds.  Of course I've only ever had cheap earbuds.  Now I may be hooked and want to get some higher quality over ear headphones.  My PC-350's are good for what they are but I know they're not "great" either.  Ugh, like I needed another money drain between a Jeep, wine, scotch, home theater, computers, etc. lol.

Jan 2, 2014 at 2:42 PM Post #19 of 19
So I've been using the TS02's for a few days now and I have to say I'm blown away.  This is probably the best pair of headphones (as a generic term) I've ever listened to.  I have a Sennheiser PC-350 that I normally use on my PC but of course that is more tuned for gaming sound than audio.  Right now I've just been listening to various MP3's on my phone (Nokia 1020) and I've noticed the TS02's really expose the flaws in the various sound processing stuff you can turn on.  I used to always use stuff like the "rock" (scooped mids) EQ presets and usually combined with Dolby Headphone effect.  Either of those just sounds like garbage now with these.  I'll have to see about testing them on my PC which has an HT Omega soundcard but I need to switch the built in headphone amp in it to low impedance first.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back