SE110 reviews needed....True and tried!!
May 9, 2010 at 2:27 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 15

GuruTech

100+ Head-Fier
Hello all!

Have you tried the Shure SE110 headphones? If so, are they good? If not, what can you recommend?

Thanks all! any opinions welcomed.... :)

May 9, 2010 at 2:48 PM Post #2 of 15
What music do you normally listen to?  That would help us suggest them to you :wink:

May 9, 2010 at 11:33 PM Post #5 of 15
They aren't bad the mids are forward and with jazz music they sound amazing however they lack bass, this can be fixed easily with an amp i use fiio e5 and it sounds so much better once you get the amp they are a good all arounder

May 10, 2010 at 12:55 PM Post #7 of 15
Tried them over the weekend and didn't like them.  Weak bass and everything else sounds muffled/lifeless.  A slightly worse version of the SE210's, which I also really didn't like either.  I haven't tried any of Shure's higher end earphones, but from what I've tried they all seem average and overpriced.  I would suggest trying the Monster Turbines.  The prices online for non-Pro (silver ones) are only a little more, but yet everything about them is heads and shoulders above the SE110's -- build quality/materials, bass, treble, etc.

May 10, 2010 at 5:10 PM Post #9 of 15
they're more precise than most lower-end dynamic iem's, but they are EXTREMELY boring. No treble, very little bass, and mediocre mids... You can do better. 

May 10, 2010 at 7:23 PM Post #10 of 15
I've had their update, the Shure SE115K and judging by my opinions of them, because it's an "upgrade" from the balanced driver the SE110's used, your money is better off buying some RE0's or Klipsch S4's

May 11, 2010 at 3:15 AM Post #11 of 15
Hmmm...for the same price, I suggest you try other offerings. It's okay...but mediocre at best.

May 11, 2010 at 12:18 PM Post #12 of 15
I also had the SE115 (the model that replaced the SE110) and agree with the others above that you can find better options at that price point.  Since you didn't give any additional info about the type of music you listen to, or what type of sound signature you are looking for, I'd say to read up on the reviews of the models you are interested in.  Plenty of suggestions above for you to research.

May 11, 2010 at 2:51 PM Post #13 of 15
The soundmagic PL50 is one of the best bang for buck deals, and my first choice. If you want extra bass, the shure se115 is being sold by amazon (blue) for about 65 dollars. IMO the se115 is better than the S4, the reo (again imo)....needs amped to sound it's best. The S4 has problems, as well as the se115, but the shure is still the cleaner of the two. PL50 is going to be tough to beat, again, it's not a basshead phone. But very clean sounding. The SE115 takes (like the S4) a god bit of burn in to sound it's best, the S4 never get rid of the midbass congestion during busy passages.  I believe MP4 nation is selling the PL50 for just over 50 bucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back