screw reviews. where can i test IEMs myself?
Dec 13, 2012 at 11:01 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 20

2ugly4girls

New Head-Fier
well some reviews are good, sorry.
but i want the best way to test out multiple IEMs without buying them or buying + returning with no hassles
buying and returning them in amazon with my 4 thousand dollar credit line seems scary.
im basically boned if amazon decides not to take some of them back, but they do accept refunds most of the time.

so what are clever ways to test out IEMs?

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:05 AM Post #2 of 20
Depends on where you live. I know in Asia, they do auditioning frequently, but I live in California and I haven't the faintest idea where to audition an IEM let alone an IEM I'd actually care to own. If you live on the East Coast, you might be able to check with J&R or B&H.

Dec 13, 2012 at 11:48 AM Post #6 of 20
Its nice to see someone that really appreciates the time and effort people put into making a good review.

Dec 13, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #7 of 20
The title was rather strongly worded, but I'm sure it's understandable considering some people may not have the capabilites to buy IEMs blindly.

I'll actually be in Anaheim for the next few days... But I highly doubt there are any stores like Jaben which let you try IEMs.

Mar 26, 2013 at 10:59 PM Post #8 of 20
i liked the thread title :D
its hard not to agree w the impatience of the poster
buying and returning stuff gets really old, definitely time consuming and can be expensive
short of auditioning earphones, the best way to mitigate costs is to buy used

Mar 27, 2013 at 8:44 PM Post #9 of 20
Quote:
well some reviews are good, sorry.
but i want the best way to test out multiple IEMs without buying them or buying + returning with no hassles
buying and returning them in amazon with my 4 thousand dollar credit line seems scary.
im basically boned if amazon decides not to take some of them back, but they do accept refunds most of the time.

so what are clever ways to test out IEMs?

Nowhere.  This hobby is NOT for cheap asses!

Stick with Best Buy and Target.

Mar 28, 2013 at 12:07 AM Post #11 of 20
Quote:
Nowhere.  This hobby is NOT for cheap asses!

Stick with Best Buy and Target.

I have to agree with Spyro Gyro, if you want qualtiy IEM you gotta buy them. I would feel kinda of grossed out if I had to go to a store and
try on an IEM demo that a zillion folks have tried out before me. I think this site is great at providing potential users good reviews as a reference for potential buyers. I do wish I could get several IEM for testing and then keeping only what I want but its not fair for vendors and IEM are a bit on the personal side of things worn. So read the f....g reviews make an educated selection and dish some cash.

Mar 29, 2013 at 1:08 AM Post #12 of 20
Trying out IEMs are really unsanitary. You could just go to local audio store to demo them if your heart's set on it. 

Mar 29, 2013 at 11:14 AM Post #15 of 20
I was serious about airports.  Many of the shops are behind security so its not always easy to get to them but if you're in a large city with a decent sized airport you can go in an demo plenty of nice earphones.  Most will have Shure, Klipsch, Monster, Etymotic, and Westone as a few I can remember off hand from what I usually see.  They will demo everything in the store.  Its perfectly sanitary as they give you fresh tips.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back