Screamo/old-school emo
Feb 10, 2009 at 1:02 AM Post #16 of 32
yeah, Glassjaw isn't screamo but I do love them.

Thanks to this thread, I've gotten into Pg.99 and The Kidcrash, and I definitely intend to expand more. That's quite a collection you have, httran.

A good one that I've found recently is Building Better Bombs... One of their vocalists, P.O.S. puts out some fantastic hip-hop albums, and I was surprised to hear him screaming. There's a wide variety of influences showing through, but they're still predominately on the hardcore/screamo side.

Feb 10, 2009 at 1:10 AM Post #18 of 32
Also, if you're digging pg. 99 you really need to check out Orchid and Jeromes Dream if you haven't already. Jeromes Dream would record and play shows with a vocal mic on the floor, and the bassist would just scream until he coughed up blood - THATS intense.

Feb 10, 2009 at 1:24 AM Post #19 of 32
Umm.. I assume screamo is like the noise you'd make when you go to your wine cellar and someone's had the last bottle of Chateau d'Yquem 89 without telling you.

but what's emo?

Feb 10, 2009 at 1:40 AM Post #20 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by sniks7 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Umm.. I assume screamo is like the noise you'd make when you go to your wine cellar and someone's had the last bottle of Chateau d'Yquem 89 without telling you.

Care to rephrase that?

Emo is a softer, less angry more artful offshoot of hardcore punk.

Feb 10, 2009 at 5:36 AM Post #24 of 32
I love Thursday especially their album Full Collapse. I heard them back in 2000 and went to several of their concerts when I was in Middle School! The Envy split caught me by surprise.

Feb 11, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #25 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by httran /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Older Engine Down is an especially great Richmond band

Agreed. They're probably my favorite band to evolve out of Maximillian Colby.

Feb 11, 2009 at 7:23 AM Post #26 of 32
Wow thats a lot of music lol...i have only heard a couple of the bands but i have always wanted to check out saetia..

now i have a reason too lol

Feb 11, 2009 at 4:22 PM Post #28 of 32
Yea for sure. Their label (Robotic Empire) runs a really great distro/mailorder. I've ordered many screamo releases from them.

Feb 11, 2009 at 4:29 PM Post #29 of 32
Quote:

Originally Posted by MR294 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Agreed. They're probably my favorite band to evolve out of Maximillian Colby.

Yea, I feel like Lovitt is a really quality label.

Feb 12, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #30 of 32
Always wondered if head-fiers were into this type of music. I love Hot Cross too bad that broke up. Here are some bands you may want to try out. Was really into the genre a few years ago.

Joshua Fit For Battle
Yaphett Koto
Amanda Woodward (French Screamo)
Clikatat Ikatowi
Ampere
Sinaola
A Day in Black and White
Funeral Diner
Hirtesukan
Neil Perry
Orchid
Melt Banana (This one has a female lead vocalist, they are nuts)
Love Lost but Not Forgotten (nuts too)

BTW, my friend just introduced me into P.O.S. and he does put out some great music.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back