Scosche rh1056m one of the most underated headphones ever!!!!!!
Oct 9, 2012 at 2:42 PM Post #16 of 32
I think you guys are being a little overly harsh to him, there's a chance they actually might be better than you'd expect.

That it has a nice ventilated backside is a good sign already in my book.

Oct 9, 2012 at 5:49 PM Post #17 of 32
So I started to dig a bit deeper into this product as I've never heard of Scosche before, well turns out they've been into like 30 years of highend car audio business (whatever that means lol) and quite recently started with headphones and well have had IEMs a bit before that. This rh1056 is the first over-ear headphone they've made and you can tell they do have put some thought into the design and features of this headphone if you check this video review:

Maybe it's not as bad as one would think (just another fashion Beats copy). I'm actually quite interested now and not for the looks as I only use headphones at home at my comp but for the sound as I tend to prefer significantly bass emphasized (optimally around 8~9dB boost like M-Audio Q40) but with as great mids & highs as possible to go with that emphasized (hopefully good quality bass).

From experience I like a vented design as it tend to improve the bass response and soundstage, from Q40 I'd mainly be interested in an improved soundstage, maybe these could be a suprise. Wonder where you can buy these in europe.

Oct 9, 2012 at 6:33 PM Post #18 of 32
I just reached out to Scosche to let me try them. I'll report back if I get an answer.

Oct 9, 2012 at 6:50 PM Post #19 of 32
Quote:
I just reached out to Scosche to let me try them. I'll report back if I get an answer.

Great thanks. Pricing is 145 USD on amazon.com and for europe the best price I found was amazon.fr for like 135 EUR which is not bad either, very tempting, it's the white ones tho and I'd prefer black but at such price it's tempting though.

Oct 11, 2012 at 8:46 AM Post #20 of 32
Quote:
So I started to dig a bit deeper into this product as I've never heard of Scosche before, well turns out they've been into like 30 years of highend car audio business (whatever that means lol) and quite recently started with headphones and well have had IEMs a bit before that.

They make low end wiring kits for car audio and speakers for Wallmart , the products they offer are horrible(for car audio)  . When I was young I competed in SQ competitions , and Scosche bottom of the barrel. I can't speak for the headphones  in question, but I really do not see them being good based on the track record of the company.

Oct 16, 2012 at 12:29 PM Post #22 of 32
overly harsh maybe - but then anyone that knows me knows how much I despise uneducated incorrect proclamations of excellence.

Still interested to see the result of a real review

Apr 8, 2013 at 7:54 AM Post #23 of 32
Felt like resurrecting this thread to chime in on what I thought about this very underrated set of sound makers.

I've previously owned/tried the following:

Pioneer HDJ2000
TMA-1
ATH-M50
V-moda M-80

Out of all those my favorite was the hdj2000. After some time, I felt like changing cans for something more portable and so I tried the others on my list but there were just something that I disliked in each one of them.

I was actually about to give up and go back to the hdj2000 when I randomly found the RH1056m at Fry's. After a quick head-fi search, it led me to this awkward thread.

To tell you the truth it was the OP that convinced me to pick it up since there's really not that much user reviews out there other than amazon reviews.

I'm glad I took a chance because I truly believe I found a keeper with this one. It has all the qualities of the hdj2000/M50/M-80 combined according to my ears and best of all its cheaper than all of them!

I'm just surprised there's little to no hype on these sleeper.

Apr 8, 2013 at 9:32 AM Post #24 of 32
Quote:
I'm just surprised there's little to no hype on these sleeper.

Thanks for chiming in, I believe it's a combination of design, manufacturer brand and lack of exposure and manufacturer-history most likely. It can even happen that the manufacturers you expect the least actually every now and then pull a great product (either down to luck or actual increase in development) but majority doesn't of course expect that. I mean if I told Skullcandy may sometimes produce a headphone with the qualities of a Sennheiser HD800 for example most people here would be ready to throw me to the sharks but you could have a monkey as a sound engineer and every once in a while the monkey may still be able to get it right by luck too even if no research is involved. Chances are slim but it COULD happen. :p

If you prefer these over headphones such as Pioneer HDJ2000, M50, M80, TMA-1 they shouldn't be too bad. :)

Apr 8, 2013 at 9:01 PM Post #25 of 32
I very briefly had my hands on these.  nice  bass but with recessed highs and mids. sounds ok from a portable source, but hook it up to your amped system and u realize these arent that great, just another wanna-be beats. anybody around here wouldnt care for them much due to the lousy highs and mids

Apr 14, 2013 at 2:03 PM Post #26 of 32
Quote:

Thanks for chiming in, I believe it's a combination of design, manufacturer brand and lack of exposure and manufacturer-history most likely. It can even happen that the manufacturers you expect the least actually every now and then pull a great product (either down to luck or actual increase in development) but majority doesn't of course expect that. I mean if I told Skullcandy may sometimes produce a headphone with the qualities of a Sennheiser HD800 for example most people here would be ready to throw me to the sharks but you could have a monkey as a sound engineer and every once in a while the monkey may still be able to get it right by luck too even if no research is involved. Chances are slim but it COULD happen. :p

If you prefer these over headphones such as Pioneer HDJ2000, M50, M80, TMA-1 they shouldn't be too bad. :)

Quote:
I very briefly had my hands on these.  nice  bass but with recessed highs and mids. sounds ok from a portable source, but hook it up to your amped system and u realize these arent that great, just another wanna-be beats. anybody around here wouldnt care for them much due to the lousy highs and mids

I returned mine and moved on to the Yamaha Pro 300. So far so good, my ears likes it more than the RH1056m, but comfort wise its really hurting my ears.

The pursuit of the perfect headphones continues...

Apr 14, 2013 at 3:57 PM Post #27 of 32
Just going to chime in here since I've actually owned these headphones after being intrigued by seeing it on campus.

They certainly don't sound bad. Ever-so-slightly boosted low-end adds a nice warmth to the sound. It's not overly muddy or bassy, but I will agree that their mids and highs are recessed. 

However, that hole is not a true vent. I've actually opened the earcup and there's a round piece of foam/felt that covers the vent. So that should let some air through, but not much.

Soundwise, decent. It comes with a lot of accessories. I had to return mine due to comfort issues, though. The earpads aren't very thick and I found my ears squished against the baffle- very uncomfortable in about an hour.

Apr 15, 2013 at 12:02 AM Post #29 of 32
Quote:
I responded in the other thread but I've wasted a lot of money on headphones and the price to value ratio on these are second to none the extras are second to none and the quality is incredible they sound like audio technica ath m-50 with a slightly less subdued bass better mids better voices and better sound stage I think it might have something to do with the ventilation port on the back of the cups but if you spent the money that I've spent you learn quick about headphones I'm currently ordering the logitech ue 6000 as we speak.........lol I know I just like wasting money!!!!!!

yes the port has a lot to do with it. Try a Full Open headphone for a change the back are completely open. you'll be pleasantly surprised. HD 600/650, ATH AD900X, MDR MA900 any good mid-fi fully open headphone will really outperform on sound quality. Notice all the top headphones are open back design.

Apr 15, 2013 at 8:59 AM Post #30 of 32
Wonder how it would sound like if you removed the felt (+ possibly covered back some of it) but left a completely open hole at the back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back