Scosche IEM856M Reference In-Ear Monitors sometimes $14.99 on Amazon :)
May 20, 2012 at 9:51 PM Post #106 of 302
It was an impulse buy anyways and chances are I would have given them to a family member.  I need to sale some of my IEM's as it is because I don't listen to half of them anymore.

I saw the review your talking about and jokers brief description so I'm not mad about the whole thing.

May 20, 2012 at 10:08 PM Post #107 of 302
May 20, 2012 at 10:11 PM Post #109 of 302
Quote:

Ahhh alright. Lol yea, that'd be great. You were the first order so it'll probably take a little bit till they get to the rest of the emails.

If it makes us all feel any better, most legitimate reviews I skimmed said it was worth $100 at most in terms of sound, and Joker was not very impressed when he tried it at CES.

I'm going to agree that they are not worth their MSRP, I would've priced them around 150 myself, and called 200 pushing it overboard.  They aren't bad by any means though.  Deep bass that lacks punch, sweeter midrange with a rolled off high end that can be sibilant.  I didn't like them when I first listened either (like Joker), but over time, the boominess died down, the highs came in slightly and they sounded more balanced.  They definitely needed some sort of burn in. 

May 20, 2012 at 10:18 PM Post #110 of 302
Mine is still showing shipped. Maybe you ordered yours later and they had run out of them by then. My email stated I should see mine by Wednesday or Thursday.

May 20, 2012 at 10:21 PM Post #111 of 302
Quote:

I'm going to agree that they are not worth their MSRP, I would've priced them around 150 myself,

That's GR07 territory... now I'm a little more upset at this possible situation lol.

Quote:
Mine is still showing shipped. Maybe you ordered yours later and they had run out of them by then. My email stated I should see mine by Wednesday or Thursday.

He's the one that found the deal lol.

If only Techno Kid's order gets cancelled, someone who ordered like 3, be a guy and sell him one for $22 shipped lol.

May 20, 2012 at 10:25 PM Post #112 of 302
Quote:

Techno kid started this thread....so.....unless you found it beforehand?

May 20, 2012 at 10:29 PM Post #113 of 302
Wow. Well I guess we will see.

May 20, 2012 at 10:44 PM Post #114 of 302
Quote:
That's GR07 territory... now I'm a little more upset at this possible situation lol.

To clarify, 150 = it's at its pricepoint...  150 != it's a great value.  The GR07, from what I've read, is an absolute value at that price range...  If you want it to be an absolute value, you'd have to drop the price down a bit more :p

May 21, 2012 at 7:51 AM Post #115 of 302
Mine still says shipped on Amazon so who knows whats going on, but if I'm the only one who's order didn't ship that will really suck. If thats the case anyone that got multiple pairs I would love to buy one of the extras.

May 21, 2012 at 1:23 PM Post #116 of 302
Yeah they just lied there buts off to me.  They said before my order got shipped they saw the package was opened and there was some damage and it was the last pair so they had to cancel my order, sure thats what happened.   Like I said before anyone that got more than one pair if you would be so kind as to sale me one I would greatly appreciate it.

May 21, 2012 at 1:39 PM Post #117 of 302
Quote:
Yeah they just lied there buts off to me.  They said before my order got shipped they saw the package was opened and there was some damage and it was the last pair so they had to cancel my order, sure thats what happened.   Like I said before anyone that got more than one pair if you would be so kind as to sale me one I would greatly appreciate it.

It was probably because you emailed them beforehand about the deal lol. If you really want to argue, you can point out they are still selling the IEM for 250 on amazon. 

May 21, 2012 at 1:49 PM Post #118 of 302
Quote:
It was probably because you emailed them beforehand about the deal lol. If you really want to argue, you can point out they are still selling the IEM for 250 on amazon. 

When did I email them about the deal, after I ordered them the next day they sent me an email telling me the order is being processed and they will email the tracking number..  The only email I sent was to ask about the shipping info.

May 21, 2012 at 2:35 PM Post #119 of 302
Quote:

When did I email them about the deal, after I ordered them the next day they sent me an email telling me the order is being processed and they will email the tracking number..  The only email I sent was to ask about the shipping info.

Ah, in that case my apologies. I made a false assumption. I won't be holding my breath for these. If they show up, they show up. If not, I'll get my amazon credit back. Thanks for the original heads up though. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back