Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Aug 26, 2018 at 11:31 PM Post #9,046 of 12,314
Hi all,

My Yggy is connected to my laptop via usb. Whenever I close my laptop (probably it goes to sleep mode) my Yggy would still have the bit-rate LED lights on. Is this the same for all? Or might be something wrong with my setup?
Try switching the Yggy to another input after shutting down the laptop. If the LED lights go out, it's probably not the Yggy but something in the laptop's setup. If you have other device's hooked up to the DAC, try unhooking them one at a time and see if that makes any difference.

Aug 26, 2018 at 11:37 PM Post #9,047 of 12,314
Try switching the Yggy to another input after shutting down the laptop. If the LED lights go out, it's probably not the Yggy but something in the laptop's setup. If you have other device's hooked up to the DAC, try unhooking them one at a time and see if that makes any difference.

Yes your description is what actually happens. Maybe its my macbook air’s behavior

Aug 27, 2018 at 12:23 AM Post #9,048 of 12,314
Why get the wired one over the one without wires then?[/QUO in
Why get the wired one over the one without wires then?
Please check the product, it's a single piece metal wherein pins are connected internally while there is a variation of same product that doesn't have pins connected internally (probably for those who want to reverse the pin connections). So, I was just cautioning. Wired one is ready to use while unwired is not.

Aug 27, 2018 at 8:55 AM Post #9,049 of 12,314
Hi all,

My Yggy is connected to my laptop via usb. Whenever I close my laptop (probably it goes to sleep mode) my Yggy would still have the bit-rate LED lights on. Is this the same for all? Or might be something wrong with my setup?

Same on my iMac.
Bit rate LEDs are turned on for a while even after I made my iMac 2009 sleep (by keyboard: option + command + eject).
The LEDs will be turned off next morning.
USB seems to be awake for a while even Mac seems to be went asleep.

Aug 31, 2018 at 12:35 AM Post #9,050 of 12,314
Moved from 196 to 116 on the list in just 15 days!
Them guys is pumping out the upgrades :)

Aug 31, 2018 at 4:55 PM Post #9,054 of 12,314
I started on Feb 24 in the que, Both upgrades, not happy about it.
Frankly, If I didn't like it so much I would have moved on. To what I don't know?
I think it turned out to be a nightmare for Schiit too.

How are they working the guarantee on this? Mine is 2 years old, 3 years left on original, then there is the 2 year on the upgrades.
So what is the guarantee now?

Aug 31, 2018 at 6:42 PM Post #9,055 of 12,314
Moved from 196 to 116 on the list in just 15 days!
Them guys is pumping out the upgrades :)

Hey I'm down to #74 on the queue. Just curious, where on the queue were some of you when you were contacted by Schiit to send your yggys in ???

Aug 31, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #9,056 of 12,314
^^^Mine was called in a week ago... Before that happened, I was stuck on #8 for several weeks, and on #9 for another several weeks before moving to #8. On the day I finally received the notification to ship in my Yggy, I checked the queue, and I was no longer on it... Instead I saw this:

"Your order has already been flagged for upgrade.
If you have not received an email yet with the Return Authorization number, please contact us."

Now that Schiit Audio has it, I have received a sort of automated acknowledgement which says the upgrade will take "us a couple of days to do the work, test the result, and burn it in." However a customer service staff person whom I contacted tells me that the upgrade actually takes about two weeks on the average to complete...

I'm not complaining though... I entered the queue on March 1, so I have already waited for 6 months to get here... I figure another 2-3 weeks of waiting is nothing compared to that:)

Aug 31, 2018 at 7:18 PM Post #9,057 of 12,314
^^^Mine was called in a week ago... Before that happened, I was stuck on #8 for several weeks, and on #9 for another several weeks before moving to #8. On the day I finally received the notification to ship in my Yggy, I checked the queue, and I was no longer on it... Instead I saw this:

"Your order has already been flagged for upgrade.
If you have not received an email yet with the Return Authorization number, please contact us."

Now that Schiit Audio has it, I have received a sort of automated acknowledgement which says the upgrade will take "us a couple of days to do the work, test the result, and burn it in." However a customer service staff person whom I contacted tells me that the upgrade actually takes about two weeks on the average to complete...

I'm not complaining though... I entered the queue on March 1, so I have already waited for 6 months to get here... I figure another 2-3 weeks of waiting is nothing compared to that:)

Almost like purchasing from Massdrop! LOL! :ksc75smile: :o2smile: :o2smile:

Aug 31, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #9,058 of 12,314
Yep, just got that automated email, also. I was at 17 or so when I got the notice ship it to them last week but I didn't get it shipped out till this week.
OH, and I order back on March 2nd for reference... :beerchug:
I'm now using an AK380 as my DAC till I get the YGGY back...LOL:beyersmile:

Sep 1, 2018 at 12:32 AM Post #9,059 of 12,314
I started on Feb 24 in the que, Both upgrades, not happy about it.
That's weird. I put in my upgrade order Jan 29, my unit arrived to Schiit for the upgrade May 17, and it was shipped back May 29.

Sep 1, 2018 at 12:53 AM Post #9,060 of 12,314
That's weird. I put in my upgrade order Jan 29, my unit arrived to Schiit for the upgrade May 17, and it was shipped back May 29.

Parts shortage? How many AD5791's might there have been available? And what's the lead time?

And Mike had said Yggy B sold way more units than they had predicted, so these were a priority over the upgrades.

Sounds like your timing was fortunate.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back