Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Nov 8, 2017 at 7:27 PM Post #6,032 of 12,304
Quote: And to think I thought it was the customer who is entitled to respect.

Depends on how you go about it. That's how it goes when you're dealing with human beings.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017 at 7:57 PM Post #6,033 of 12,304
I'm agree'ing with you. The technical customer service lately has left much to be desired.
I have been trying to get help with my schiit since SEPTEMBER. Last I emailed tech support was last week and I don't believe I was being disrespectful, I just felt like I was being ignored. I just have an issue with my dac dying on me. I really love my schiit but the customer support is not very good ime.

Nov 8, 2017 at 8:24 PM Post #6,035 of 12,304
@purehifi192 and @User00

I appreciate your candid confirmation of my own experiences. Frankly, Schiit as an organization and their willingness or unwillingness to *honor* their warranty or just plain do-the-right-thing was a very real concern of mine prior to becoming a customer, and I knew that engaging with a company that doesn't answer a telephone is a "red flag" and something of a "gamble". So to some extent, we can blame ourselves. In my case, I simply have questions. If the need for service arose and there was still no response, the only alternatives at that point are whatever the law allows. So in continuance of the Grateful Dead theme (again, because of MM's "long strange trip" thread) - "the law come to get you if you don't walk right".

Nov 8, 2017 at 8:26 PM Post #6,036 of 12,304
Nov 8, 2017 at 8:53 PM Post #6,037 of 12,304
@Baldr

I just read your post. First, again, an honest and sincere "thank you". I mean that because the fact that you would have any reply at all demonstrates that you do "care".

I have no disagreement with your post. But to your point "I have been known to respond with sarcasm, which actually benefits no one. One of my weaknesses." this too is true, as it was you - not I - that chose to draw first blood. Please refer to your asking if I'm using "cans" as speakers in response to a genuine, operative word *genuine*, post of mine.

Further, if you or your team look back on any email to your organization that originated from me, you might wish to give further consideration to the value and sincerity to my questions or observations - such as pointing out a typographical error in the Yggy manual, or inquiring about the number of flashes the VCO/VCXO indicator exhibits on startup and how better understanding its pattern, not explained at all in the manual - might be beneficial to ALL parties. I can go into detail as to how that in fact would be extremely beneficial, but that is outside of the scope of this reply.

My latest (a few days ago) email was sent at the suggestion of at least one member of this thread, and that has to do with the input source "rejection" capability of the unit when more than one device is connected and operational simultaneously. I would think this is a valid and worthwhile question whose answer can benefit everyone, and I also believe that if you or anyone else were to read (re-read) my email, you will or should conclude that I asked rather politely.

I consider the matter satisfactorily closed at this point, and remain appreciative of your direct involvement.

Thank you.

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017 at 9:36 PM Post #6,038 of 12,304
@Baldr

I just read your post. First, again, an honest and sincere "thank you". I mean that because the fact that you would have any reply at all demonstrates that you do "care".

I have no disagreement with your post. But to your point "I have been known to respond with sarcasm, which actually benefits no one. One of my weaknesses." this too is true, as it was you - not I - that chose to draw first blood. Please refer to your asking if I'm using "cans" as speakers in response to a genuine, operative word *genuine*, post of mine.

Further, if you or your team look back on any email to your organization that originated from me, you might wish to give further consideration to the value and sincerity to my questions or observations - such as pointing out a typographical error in the Yggy manual, or inquiring about the number of flashes the VCO/VCXO indicator exhibits on startup and how better understanding its pattern, not explained at all in the manual - might be beneficial to ALL parties. I can go into detail as to how that in fact would be extremely beneficial, but that is outside of the scope of this reply.

My latest (a few days ago) email was sent at the suggestion of at least one member of this thread, and that has to do with the input source "rejection" capability of the unit when more than one device is connected and operational simultaneously. I would think this is a valid and worthwhile question whose answer can benefit everyone, and I also believe that if you or anyone else were to read (re-read) my email, you will or should conclude that I asked rather politely.

I consider the matter satisfactorily closed at this point, and remain appreciative of your direct involvement.

Thank you.

I just found the “cans” post. All he was asking you was whether you were using headphones or speakers. “Cans” is (very) common slang for headphones.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/schiit-yggdrasil-impressions-thread.766347/page-396#post-13795184

In no way was it a negative comment about your speakers. All this drama over literally nothing.

Edit: added link

Last edited:
Nov 8, 2017 at 9:50 PM Post #6,039 of 12,304
I have been trying to get help with my schiit since SEPTEMBER. Last I emailed tech support was last week and I don't believe I was being disrespectful, I just felt like I was being ignored. I just have an issue with my dac dying on me. I really love my schiit but the customer support is not very good ime.
What happened with your dac?

Nov 8, 2017 at 9:54 PM Post #6,040 of 12,304
Guys, if you're trying to get technical support (and not succeeding), please feel free to email me directly at jason@schiit.com and let me know what's going on. I can't promise a direct answer, but I can make sure things are routed to the right person, and that you'll get an answer quickly.

Please note that we will not be able to answer all questions--there are many things we have no opinion about, and many other things we cannot answer--but if you're having operational problems, I'll make sure that you're taken care of promptly.

Last edited:
Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Nov 8, 2017 at 10:27 PM Post #6,041 of 12,304
I just found the “cans” post. All he was asking you was whether you were using headphones or speakers. “Cans” is (very) common slang for headphones.

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/schiit-yggdrasil-impressions-thread.766347/page-396#post-13795184

In no way was it a negative comment about your speakers. All this drama over literally nothing.

Edit: added link

And if that is true, then that would be my misunderstanding. I honestly never use headphones, and in my 50 plus years never heard of them referred to as cans. Keep something else in mind though (and I really prefer NOT to belabor this, and have already recognized and made know herein I now recognize his (MMs) sincerity), that the "cans" text/comment came on the heels of my *twice* being asked for data (type of speakers I'm using) that I had previously and already posted, making it that much more "peculiar" and seemingly obvious (to me) that my posts may not have been read. So while you were kind enough to provide a link to the cans comment, kindly consider the entirety of the communication(s) that precede it, including my first post on this forum where I rather clearly (at least I thought) provided all necessary data, given the question I was asking.

Nov 8, 2017 at 10:28 PM Post #6,042 of 12,304
Guys, if you're trying to get technical support (and not succeeding), please feel free to email me directly at jason@schiit.com and let me know what's going on. I can't promise a direct answer, but I can make sure things are routed to the right person, and that you'll get an answer quickly.

Please note that we will not be able to answer all questions--there are many things we have no opinion about, and many other things we cannot answer--but if you're having operational problems, I'll make sure that you're taken care of promptly.

Very appreciative of that Jason. I'm good for now and remain a satisfied customer.

Nov 9, 2017 at 2:09 PM Post #6,043 of 12,304
A bit late to the party, but just to provide some feedback.

Someone mentioned, few pages ago, someone mentioned that there are problems with 24-bit play back On Yggy with Roon.

I’m one of the individuals that had to chime in on the issue on the Yggy playback support thread, because I was one of the people that were affect.

So here’s the thing, Yggy doesn’t have any problem with 24-bit play back… 24-bit play back works on windows, Foobar, Jriver, Roon, and other programs and games on my computer.

The problem Yggy and Roon has is that it does not work in exclusive mode with Roon utilizing WASPI playback regardless of bit depth. (16,24,32, doesn’t matter, none works)

You can use ASIO into YGGY from Roon under exclusive mod in 24 bit (need help from another program to change ASIO’s setting) just fine, but for some reason. Exclusive + WASPI + Roon, just fails to initialize.

WASPI + exclusive mode + 24 bit works just fine on JRiver and Foorbar though =__=

Last edited:
Nov 9, 2017 at 3:02 PM Post #6,044 of 12,304
A bit late to the party, but just to provide some feedback.

Someone mentioned, few pages ago, someone mentioned that there are problems with 24-bit play back On Yggy with Roon.

I’m one of the individuals that had to chime in on the issue on the Yggy playback support thread, because I was one of the people that were affect.

So here’s the thing, Yggy doesn’t have any problem with 24-bit play back… 24-bit play back works on windows, Foobar, Jriver, Roon, and other programs and games on my computer.

The problem Yggy and Roon has is that it does not exclusive mode from Roon well under WASPI playback regardless of bit depth. (16,24,32, doesn’t matter, none works)

You can use ASIO into YGGY from Roon under exclusive mod in 24 bit (need help from another program to change ASIO’s setting) just fine, but for some reason. Exclusive + WASPI + Roon, just fails to initialize.

WASPI + exclusive mode + 24 bit works just fine on JRiver and Foorbar though =__=
Is it safe to assume the that's a software problem with either roon or the waspi plugin and not the Yggdrasil?

Nov 9, 2017 at 4:17 PM Post #6,045 of 12,304
Is it safe to assume the that's a software problem with either roon or the waspi plugin and not the Yggdrasil?

Considering only the WASPI + Roon + exclusive mode combo was giving me trouble, I'd say its something on Roon's side that create the error.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back