Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Apr 19, 2017 at 12:31 PM Post #4,816 of 12,400
I've had my yggy for a week now. It was decent out of the box but I've been patiently waiting for the magic since. Last night was an obvious turning point. The heavens opened up and the angels started to sing. If I wasn't mistaken, devils were singing from hell as well. Yggy does not discriminate. So at about 160 hours there was a real unveiling to my ears. Most obvious was the bass presence...which had been there but just laying around not doing much. It woke up in a big way. More prominent, tighter...a real physical presence I can now feel. Whole soundstage became cleaner, less cluttered...more room for each instrument to breathe. The very size of each instrument seemed to grow and become stronger, more stable. Beautifully 3D. First time I've really heard Steve Gadd's iconic drum fills on the song Aja with the precision and tonal depth that he really delivered. And the guitar solos...SOARING and so beautifully placed. Piano...the most realistic timbre I've ever heard outside of live. This is what I'd been waiting for. If there's more to come which seems to be the consensus I'll certainly take it. But I could listen to what I heard last night with a tranced smile on my face for a very long time. Yiggy's the real deal.

Apr 19, 2017 at 12:56 PM Post #4,817 of 12,400
This is what I'd been waiting for. If there's more to come which seems to be the consensus I'll certainly take it. But I could listen to what I heard last night with a tranced smile on my face for a very long time. Yiggy's the real deal.

Awesome!

But there is more to come....and it is not small difference!

Apr 19, 2017 at 1:16 PM Post #4,818 of 12,400

This is exactly my plan. In fact, my Singxer F-1 offers a fair amount of isolation so I have only audio components plugged into my Topaz. When the UpTone Audio ISO Regen comes out, I will buy one of those and use it to completely isolate the audio system from the computer system.

Nice plan.

The gains are much lowered noise floor with increased clarity, detail, micro-dynamics, and instrument localization. Absolutely worth it.

Great! 

Winders, mourip, thanks for your feedback on using an isolation transformer. This is something I'm going to have to try.

Apr 19, 2017 at 1:56 PM Post #4,819 of 12,400
Just put in order in for Yaggy. It should arrive in 2-4 weeks. I just can't wait!!!! 
gs1000.gif

Apr 19, 2017 at 2:29 PM Post #4,820 of 12,400
  Just put in order in for Yaggy. It should arrive in 2-4 weeks. I just can't wait!!!! 
gs1000.gif

Krit,

Damn it Man...it's Yggy....Not Yaggy!!!  
blink.gif

Apr 19, 2017 at 2:49 PM Post #4,823 of 12,400
I have been lurking on this thread for months, enjoying my Bimby, but feeling the pull to inevitably cave and have to get a Yggy.  Well, I finally caved last night and put in my order.  To start, my Yggy will sit between a Raspberry Pi-Hifiberry Digi+ Pro running Roon and a McIntosh MC6500 Integrated driving GoldenEar Triton IIs.  I am looking forward to getting the burn-in started.

Apr 19, 2017 at 4:42 PM Post #4,824 of 12,400
I have been lurking on this thread for months, enjoying my Bimby, but feeling the pull to inevitably cave and have to get a Yggy.  Well, I finally caved last night and put in my order.  To start, my Yggy will sit between a Raspberry Pi-Hifiberry Digi+ Pro running Roon and a McIntosh MC6500 Integrated driving GoldenEar Triton IIs.  I am looking forward to getting the burn-in started.

Went from a Bimby as well. The wait is worth every second...and then some.
You will never look back.

Apr 19, 2017 at 4:49 PM Post #4,825 of 12,400

Went from a Bimby as well. The wait is worth every second...and then some.
You will never look back.

Hi Guys.

I too ordered a Yggy a couple weeks back.  I debated at length between the
Yggy and the Chord Dave.  Finally making my choice without hearing either in my system.  Has anyone done a thorough comparison between the two?  What are your thoughts?

Apr 19, 2017 at 5:02 PM Post #4,826 of 12,400

Hi Guys.

I too ordered a Yggy a couple weeks back.  I debated at length between the
Yggy and the Chord Dave.  Finally making my choice without hearing either in my system.  Has anyone done a thorough comparison between the two?  What are your thoughts?

I was debating between the Yggy and one of the Holo Spring DACs, just kept coming back to Schiit and liking the company, the business model, etc, plus the glowing reviews and delighted owners that contribute to this thread.

Apr 19, 2017 at 7:26 PM Post #4,827 of 12,400
If I needed/wanted DSD, I would have gone with the top of the line Holo Spring. Otherwise, I think Yggdrasil is the best choice under $10,000!

Apr 19, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #4,828 of 12,400
Apr 19, 2017 at 8:03 PM Post #4,829 of 12,400
If I needed/wanted DSD, I would have gone with the top of the line Holo Spring. Otherwise, I think Yggdrasil is the best choice under $10,000!

Considering you can get the Dave new from some dealers for $10K, thats a pretty bold statement. I've yet to read an opinion which states that the Yggy is better than dave. Diminishing returns yes, dave being worse than the Yggy, no.

Apr 19, 2017 at 8:08 PM Post #4,830 of 12,400
Now where did I say that Yggdrasil is better than Dave? You are putting words in my mouth........

Users who are viewing this thread

Back