Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Apr 14, 2017 at 7:33 PM Post #4,741 of 12,475
  It might be worth the wait of 5/6 days. I mean, I could continue listening on the Lyr2/Bifrost for those days. I rather wait a bit and buy some good cables then spend now 40 euro on some cheaper ones and upgrade later. Or pay 120 euro's or 150 euro's for the Vovox (depending Link/Sonorus) and know in my mind that the QED's are better and doesn't cost much more.

The Vovox, Mogami and many other microphone/interconnect cables are very good (probably better and less expensive than many audiophile cables), and diferences decrease in the opposite proportion of price increase. There aren't many reviews about the QED but after buying the cable found one that corroborated my impressions, finally found the link:

http://www.audiodrom.net/en/interconnects/detail/36-interconnects/373-qed-reference-xlr-40

Apr 14, 2017 at 8:09 PM Post #4,742 of 12,475
It might be worth the wait of 5/6 days. I mean, I could continue listening on the Lyr2/Bifrost for those days. I rather wait a bit and buy some good cables then spend now 40 euro on some cheaper ones and upgrade later. Or pay 120 euro's or 150 euro's for the Vovox (depending Link/Sonorus) and know in my mind that the QED's are better and doesn't cost much more.
I have .5 meter Mogami Gold going from the Yggy to a Liquid Carbon and have no complaints.

Apr 14, 2017 at 8:36 PM Post #4,743 of 12,475
Currently testing the ifi ilink with my Yggy and coaxial to see what happens.

Does anyone know why the ifi link constantly pauses/turns itself off when nothing is playing?
Is there a way to stop that? It constantly makes my Yggy click and it worries me in terms of lifespan, etc.

Apr 14, 2017 at 9:48 PM Post #4,744 of 12,475
Have been tempted to post a bunch of "Oh, Wow!" testimonials, but didn't, just to spare you all the boredom.
Now that the Yggy is properly broken in, I am having trouble enjoying my other systems though.
Looks like I will have to buy at least one more Yggy. :/

Apr 14, 2017 at 9:56 PM Post #4,745 of 12,475
Have been tempted to post a bunch of "Oh, Wow!" testimonials, but didn't, just to spare you all the boredom.
Now that the Yggy is properly broken in, I am having trouble enjoying my other systems though.
You were worried for a bit but it has delivered.

Apr 14, 2017 at 10:15 PM Post #4,746 of 12,475
  Currently testing the ifi ilink with my Yggy and coaxial to see what happens.

Does anyone know why the ifi link constantly pauses/turns itself off when nothing is playing?
Is there a way to stop that? It constantly makes my Yggy click and it worries me in terms of lifespan, etc.

Thats the muting relay in the Yggy.
No need to worry about the muting relays longevity.

Apr 14, 2017 at 10:17 PM Post #4,747 of 12,475

I'm afraid to repeat myself, but for my favorite form of music, small ensemble jazz, my Yggy-based speaker system gives me the shivers again and again. Listening just now to the wonderfully romantic "West of 5th," a very well-recorded 2006 Chesky release with Hank Jones, Christian McBride, and Jimmy Cobb. It's like being there in the studio with them. I never had the luck of hearing Jones or Cobb live, but I've been to quite a few gigs with McBride on the bass, and this is it. 

Apr 14, 2017 at 10:33 PM Post #4,748 of 12,475

Interestingly, Robert Harley in his rave review of the Yggy, said he broke it with over one month of 24/7 power up before giving it a serious listen, so those who found fault may have heard the Yggdrasil with insufficient break in. 

Apr 14, 2017 at 10:34 PM Post #4,749 of 12,475
Thats the muting relay in the Yggy.
No need to worry about the muting relays longevity.

Good to know, thank you.
Coaxial has run better than USB for me.

Apr 14, 2017 at 10:40 PM Post #4,750 of 12,475
 Quote:
  Interestingly, Robert Harley in his rave review of the Yggy, said he broke it with over one month of 24/7 power up before giving it a serious listen, so those who found fault may have heard the Yggdrasil with insufficient break in. 

Good to know, thank you.
Coaxial has run better than USB for me.

You're welcome.
HERE it is right from the Schiit FAQs

Apr 14, 2017 at 11:43 PM Post #4,751 of 12,475
I've tried multiple settings, but the Ifi Ilink continues to constantly mute the Yggy. Not sure why...

Apr 15, 2017 at 12:06 AM Post #4,752 of 12,475
I get TAS and the Harley review in #273 hasn't arrived yet. So I bought the digital online just to read the Yggy review.
Harley: "I discovered a DAC that wasn’t superb. It wasn’t even good. And it certainly wasn’t “good for the money.” What I discovered, to my amazement, was a DAC that
was stunningly great, period."
After the print issue becomes available I bet the back order time for a Yggy gets a lot longer.
Might have to get my order in sooner than I was planning.

Apr 15, 2017 at 12:26 AM Post #4,753 of 12,475
  After the print issue becomes available I bet the back order time for a Yggy gets a lot longer.
Might have to get my order in sooner than I was planning.

Hey, no more than one per household until rationing is over! 
biggrin.gif

Apr 15, 2017 at 4:16 AM Post #4,754 of 12,475
Or wait for a bit longer after the rush starts, and pick up a 'nearly new' unit, and not hafta jump into the middle of the rush. 
atsmile.gif

Just a thought…

JJ

Apr 15, 2017 at 8:56 AM Post #4,755 of 12,475
  Or wait for a bit longer after the rush starts, and pick up a 'nearly new' unit, and not hafta jump into the middle of the rush. 
atsmile.gif

Just a thought…

JJ

Right, somebody will sell one because "it's not expensive enough to be this good!"

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back