Schiit Yggdrasil Impressions thread
Apr 10, 2017 at 5:48 PM Post #4,636 of 12,283
7Ryder,

Thanks for the reply....well I have owned my Yggy for only three weeks, and the improvement over the ESS Sabre DAC I was listening to was night and day!   From what I learned, I will not entertain a DAC made with Delta Sigma technology because of how awesome my Yggy sounds.

Also the fact the Schiit is only 5 hours down the road from where I live, and the Solo being Chinese makes the decision an easy one for me.

I don't own nor do I intend to own DSD music files....another point in Yggy's favor
tongue.gif

Apr 10, 2017 at 5:56 PM Post #4,637 of 12,283
  From what I've read, he'll no doubt discover what others have - that the differences are small...some prefer Yggy, some the Holo Spring DAC...some can't make up their mind and keep both. 

My baseline plan is to keep both, for two different systems. But we'll see, er, hear....

Apr 10, 2017 at 11:47 PM Post #4,639 of 12,283
Today???  I thought all deliveries would be done or offices closed at this hour???

Get'er hooked up!!!!
beerchug.gif

Apr 11, 2017 at 1:52 AM Post #4,643 of 12,283
Time to clear up some Schiit.

My design philosophy is based upon the reproduction of music which vibrated through the medium of the mixture of predominately nitrogen, oxygen, and hydrogen AKA the atmosphere of planet earth. This includes classical, jazz, and many genres of popular music which can be performed live, either “plugged” or “unplugged”. My mention of of techno/electronic music as not generated in the atmosphere has absolutely NO evaluation of the genre’s merit as art. My only statement is that if this music has NOT lived in the medium of the atmosphere – then I have no basic assumption of how to evaluate the success of its reproduction. Recorded music which has “lived in the air” can be evaluated in terms of its original prerecorded form.

Now those who follow my own thread know that it is not just a source of Schiit leaks – opera as a form of music comes up from time to time. This does not mean that I have some broomstick up my ass and bloviate the merits of snob music. I am a huge fan of jazz and many most forms of pop music as well.

Recording studios assemble many pieces of non sequentially music to achieve a certain finished result. Those tracks generally record that which existed in the air with microphones. This still gives me pieces to work with within the music producer’s artistry.

I have no genre specific musical chauvinistic attitudes, only curiosity.

I do however, have no respect for auto-tune or any other crutch designed to augment any artist’s lack of talent, which is quite distinct from snobbery or musical chauvinism.

Schiit Audio Stay updated on Schiit Audio at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/Schiit/ http://www.schiit.com/
Apr 11, 2017 at 9:00 AM Post #4,645 of 12,283
24 hours with yggdrassil :)
few remarks!!!!

Musical
Lots of details 
Every piece of music sounds more intricate and musical then before. I put my whole library in shuffle and almost every song sounds like music
My mind listen to the music without trying to analyse how good it sounds so VERY musical
no digital harshness in the treble, not bright at all
dont seem to force details on you
lots of space between instruments and 3D holographic soundstage! impressive depht and wide on speakers. Very impressed with speakers!!
Transients are still not at analog level playback, but im only using the Ygddrasil via USB.

very very very happy!!!

Apr 11, 2017 at 9:13 AM Post #4,646 of 12,283
Hey Cat,

Wait until she's got some more hours...two things will blow you away...Piano and Female vocals.  OMG!!!    I'm 3 weeks in to my new Yggy!    I still marvel at Female vocals in Headphones...Startling!!!
L3000.gif

Apr 11, 2017 at 9:48 AM Post #4,648 of 12,283
  Robert Harley in TAS 273 says Yggdrasil is one of best 3 Dacs he's ever heard 

Is there a link you can share, or is that in a print issue? Thanks. I am curious what the other 2 DAC's were, and how much they cost.

Apr 11, 2017 at 11:47 AM Post #4,649 of 12,283
  24 hours with yggdrassil :)
few remarks!!!!

Musical
Lots of details 
Every piece of music sounds more intricate and musical then before. I put my whole library in shuffle and almost every song sounds like music
My mind listen to the music without trying to analyse how good it sounds so VERY musical
no digital harshness in the treble, not bright at all
dont seem to force details on you
lots of space between instruments and 3D holographic soundstage! impressive depht and wide on speakers. Very impressed with speakers!!
Transients are still not at analog level playback, but im only using the Ygddrasil via USB.

very very very happy!!!

Is your yggy  new or used ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back