Schiit Valhalla: where does it stand?
Aug 29, 2010 at 10:23 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 17

debitsohn

Headphoneus Supremus
is it safe to say that the Valhalla will perform in the general price range of the woo audio 3? i suppose in the amp price range of less than 500$?  I love the look, love the customer service, really liked the asgard, but it would be hard to assume it would go head to head again the next price range up like the WA6.  please input any thoughts for those interested in it, or those first to receive them this coming week.  thanks!

Aug 29, 2010 at 8:31 PM Post #7 of 17
I'm hoping it will at least compare to other amps in the $300-400 range. If it compares to the $500 WA3, then even better! Its biggest selling point for me at this point is the great communication between Schiit and customers and the fact that it's Californian. Should anything go wrong, no need for me to deal with shipping it out of state, let alone out of the country.

Aug 29, 2010 at 9:07 PM Post #8 of 17
The Valhalla will probably give the Little Dot Mk IV SE a good fight if not better. It would be a good and interesting comparison as many owns the SE. I too would like to see a close comparison.

Of course, there are the Woo fans wooing their Wa3 and blowing the Valhalla away.

Lastly, the new converts of the Valhalla will see that they are no push overs. So hopefully we will see some well written review on the Valhalla soon!

Interesting isn't it?

Aug 29, 2010 at 10:10 PM Post #9 of 17
Only at Head-Fi will you read user opinions of an amp that no one actually has.  Outstanding.

Aug 29, 2010 at 11:03 PM Post #10 of 17
Don't be so quick to make generalizations.  I have a Woo 3, and I am very interested about getting the Valhalla as a second system for either the office or bedroom.  I hope to hell it's on par with the Woo because that would make it one swell deal.  I hope it's a success because competition and price pressure is good for all the consumers.

Quote:

Of course, there are the Woo fans wooing their Wa3 and blowing the Valhalla away.

Aug 29, 2010 at 11:38 PM Post #11 of 17
I really wish that all $400 amps sounded like $1,000 amps and that $1,000 cars performed as well as $250,000 cars and that a $500 wedding ring had as much sentimental value as a $30,000 one.

The direct correlation between money and value tells you everything you ever need to know.

If you think something isn't very good, just put a big pricetag on it and it'll magically be better.

Aug 30, 2010 at 1:40 AM Post #12 of 17
It's funny how perception is so easy to persuade.  It is the best Jedi trick in all of marketing and it's tried and true.  Perception control is indeed the greatest power. 

Aug 30, 2010 at 8:46 AM Post #14 of 17

Quote:
I really wish that all $400 amps sounded like $1,000 amps and that $1,000 cars performed as well as $250,000 cars and that a $500 wedding ring had as much sentimental value as a $30,000 one.

The direct correlation between money and value tells you everything you ever need to know.

If you think something isn't very good, just put a big pricetag on it and it'll magically be better.

some say the best things in life are free! i never tasted bad food that was free, or coffee. either way want to see reviews of the amp once its in peoples hand...and heard by their ears

Aug 30, 2010 at 9:51 AM Post #15 of 17
You do realize that at the time you posted, it was 5:25 am in California.  I don't think anyone is at the Schiit headquarters at that time.

Quote:
Dang, I havn't gotten a shipping confirmation yet.  :frowning2:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back