Schiit Valhalla: Now with 100% More Rollability!
Jul 8, 2012 at 11:57 AM Post #31 of 52
Quote:
You got it para

Actually, didn't Jason advise against 7v in the Lyr? So there's that. But still, tell us if it sounds good. 
biggrin.gif

Jul 9, 2012 at 11:58 AM Post #33 of 52
Quote:
This is one of the main reasons why I didn't buy the Valhalla so this is great news for new incoming buyers!

What reason? As far as anyone has experienced 7v volt is just fine with Lyr. It's just a matter of is the Valhalla compatible 
with that tube type.

Jul 9, 2012 at 12:40 PM Post #34 of 52
Does this mean the "new" Valhalla sounds better with the stock tubes than the "old" Valhalla with stock tubes?  How would you describe the difference?

Quote:

Q: So why go rollable now?
A: Because the Tube Rolling God reached down and touched our forehead, and we have converted fully to the Rolling Faith. Or not. The real reason is simply ongoing product refinement and testing. Beginning early this year, we built up a few rollable Valhallas to experiment with, and we ended up liking the sound quite a bit better than the non-rollable ones. So we decided to roll (heh, heh) this into production.

Jul 12, 2012 at 1:01 AM Post #36 of 52
Quote:
I thought it wasn't possible to roll at all with the Valhalla? Maybe I been reading wrong haha

LOL! It wasn't before, but is now. Hence the thread you're posting in! haha!. 
biggrin.gif

Oct 30, 2012 at 9:51 AM Post #38 of 52
Quote:
Jason,

Can dealers distinguish between the old and new Valhalla? Is there a change in packaging or a serial number that they can look for?

Thanks!

I would want to know this too......

Nov 10, 2012 at 7:09 PM Post #41 of 52
Quote:
ecc88 is the European version of the 6dj8
e88cc is the European version of the 6922
Both are 100% safe in your amp

Thanks very much for this information!

Nov 11, 2012 at 8:49 PM Post #42 of 52
ecc88 is the European version of the 6dj8
e88cc is the European version of the 6922
Both are 100% safe in your amp

Great info.... Thanks!

Another question does anybody have roll the large tubes from this valhalla? 6dj6 ones? As they are the amp ones does they improve or change the sound if they are roll?

Thanks I am starting to become addict to audiophile!!!

Mar 28, 2013 at 11:07 AM Post #44 of 52
I know these are better for higher impeadence headphones but do you think the Valhalla would be ok with my 250-ohm DT880s?

Jun 15, 2013 at 12:25 AM Post #45 of 52
Just bought one with a Modi.. Cracking combo.. got this urge to plug it into my vinyl rig:) 

I have to say, I nearly sold my Fischer FA-002W's.. till I plugged them into this.. Lovely sound so far, should be interesting how the amp breaks in...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back