Schiit Two Channel Clubhouse
Jan 5, 2024 at 1:43 PM Post #962 of 972
901's my, my.....your age is showing.
I had (2) sets of these in those early days!!
Really interesting speakers....
Long gone...

Are you referring to this:

676949-1963-porsche-901-prototype-coupe-cars-classic.jpg

901 the successor of the 356. PAG had to change to 911 as Peugeot had a trademark on 3-group numbers with a 0 in the middle X0Y. :)

Jan 26, 2024 at 2:16 PM Post #964 of 972
Those are fine but I recommend these instead:

Audiocrast 4PCs HiFi Speaker Isolation Feet Shock Absorber Pads IF4023B Black Stand Feet 40×23mm Aluminum Vibration Dampener with Balls for Audio Speaker Subwoofer CD DVD Amplifier Turntable DAC - LINK.

The advantage is that these offer a floating mount capable of dealing with micro movements. Also lower height, cheap and very high quality. I recommend removing the restraining o-ring for higher performance although that makes it more delicate to handle. I will write about my experience with these at some point.

I've got a couple of sets of these and I finally got around to trying them out.

These are amazing performers! And for the price, they're practically free!

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2024 at 8:32 AM Post #966 of 972
Hi, I'm thinking about getting a pair of Chiit Tyr amps. I'm hoping someone who owns the Tyr can tell me how far apart the speaker terminals are. On the web I read anywhere from 6 inches to 9 inches apart, but would like a more definitive answer. Thanks!

Apr 26, 2024 at 8:44 AM Post #967 of 972
Hi, I'm thinking about getting a pair of Chiit Tyr amps. I'm hoping someone who owns the Tyr can tell me how far apart the speaker terminals are. On the web I read anywhere from 6 inches to 9 inches apart, but would like a more definitive answer. Thanks!
speaker cable termination problem? You can't widen the plus and minus of the cable?

Apr 26, 2024 at 9:28 AM Post #968 of 972
I can probably get 7 inches of space between the right and left speaker spades. The cable split is taped so I would likely have to cut the tape if the terminals are wider apart than that. I've attached a photo. That's the main reason I'd like to confirm the distance between the Tyr speaker terminals. Thanks.

Attachments

• 20240426_092629.jpg
    20240426_092629.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
Apr 26, 2024 at 10:34 AM Post #969 of 972
6 inches

Apr 26, 2024 at 10:37 AM Post #970 of 972
I can probably get 7 inches of space between the right and left speaker spades. The cable split is taped so I would likely have to cut the tape if the terminals are wider apart than that. I've attached a photo. That's the main reason I'd like to confirm the distance between the Tyr speaker terminals. Thanks.
with spades it is easier. just make sure you don't have tension but looks to me that it feasible with your cable type

Apr 26, 2024 at 1:21 PM Post #972 of 972
I enjoy poring over your posted images (creative hardware presentation; VU meters [added to repurposed chassis]). We're moving to a SIGNIFICANTLY quieter rental home this month, so I can enjoy audio without all the f##king awful background urban noises. In late 2024, my dream home will be available for occupancy! My spouse promised me a floor speaker system. When it's time, I'm going to dig around in this thread for floor speaker & amplifier suggested pairings.
BTW, moving houses can be a MISERABLE experience. There is some merit to the slang, divorce-dust. Must. Hang. On. :ksc75smile:
"Time outs" are definately a thing for us.
Pretty much the plot of “The Money Pit.” Definitely a case of art imitating life, I’ve unfortunately come to learn! 😅

Edit: Not divorced, to be clear, but our own home remodel is really putting the marital bonds to the test!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back