Schiit Modi USB DAC
Oct 10, 2014 at 11:12 PM Post #557 of 870
Ah, I see. I was worried that I might have receive one that didn't work properly. 
smile.gif

Oct 11, 2014 at 2:18 PM Post #559 of 870
EDIT: Problem is with my Magni not my Modi.

Oct 29, 2014 at 6:54 AM Post #561 of 870
Hi there!

I own a Schist stack for a while now, and I heard somewhere that all Schiit DACs unofficially support apple iOS devices.

Apparently all I have to do is make a cable that has the data going to the Modi, but the power should be sourced from another device as the iOS devices do not have enough power to drive the modi. 

I can make a cable like this in a jiffy, I'm just wondering if it is true or not... I don't  wanna sacrifice a iPod cable, probably another random usb cable and spend a hour making something that will not work in the end... 

Thanks
Leo

Oct 29, 2014 at 11:37 AM Post #563 of 870
  I use a Lightning CCK cable with my iPad Air.  Straight out it works well with the Modi.  If I use a powered USB hub I can also use the Bifrost with it.

Awesome!! thats all i needed to hear... Those cables are quite expensive (at least where I live, South Africa)...

Ill just make one myself... 

Cant wait to try it out... I have a Sony PHA-1 for my iPod, but it is always cool to experiment with different gears... 

Dec 3, 2014 at 1:56 AM Post #564 of 870
This is going to sound kind of weird, but has anyone here paired the Modi with the FiiO E12? I was originally going to order the Vali (and the Modi), but I recently saw the E12 for $39 off and I just couldn't resist.

Would it be possible to combine a Fiio E12 and the Modi? I was just gifted an E12, and I ordered a Modi last week. I originally planned to order a Magni (or Vali) to accompany the Modi, but I would be willing to hold off if the E12 could serve as my amp in the meantime. Sorry if this is a "noob" question, I don't have much experience setting up audio equipment. 

So did you end up ordering the Modi and pairing it with the E12? How was it? Not a stalker, but I see you have/had the HD 600, which is precisely the main headphone I'm intending to use this setup with, so I'd really appreciate if you could share any experience you've had with the Modi+E12+HD600. I realize you've only posted 4 comments and haven't posted in almost a year, but I sure hope you see this!

Dec 8, 2014 at 5:51 PM Post #565 of 870
(Never mind.)

Dec 9, 2014 at 3:49 PM Post #566 of 870
Quick question: Is the Modi supposed to come with a power cord?

I bought a used one from ebay, and it didn't come with a power cord. I'm not sure if this is how all new ones are sold or if the seller forgot to include the power cord.

Dec 9, 2014 at 4:48 PM Post #567 of 870
  Quick question: Is the Modi supposed to come with a power cord?

I bought a used one from ebay, and it didn't come with a power cord. I'm not sure if this is how all new ones are sold or if the seller forgot to include the power cord.

Which version. I believe the USB version is powered by the USB source and the optical version comes with a wall wart.

Dec 9, 2014 at 5:04 PM Post #568 of 870
  Which version. I believe the USB version is powered by the USB source and the optical version comes with a wall wart.

The USB version. I presumed it would come with a cord connecting the Modi's USB port (a hexagonal shape) to the standard USB port on my computer.

Dec 9, 2014 at 5:36 PM Post #569 of 870

The USB version. I presumed it would come with a cord connecting the Modi's USB port (a hexagonal shape) to the standard USB port on my computer.

You asked about a power cord, not a USB cable. I don't Schiit includes any audio or USB cables with their products. They only ship wall warts or power cords only when needed to fire up the goods.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back