Schiit Modi Multibit vs Bifrost Multibit
Apr 22, 2018 at 2:59 AM Post #46 of 57
Think whatever you want. Again you want to discuss this further make a post about it in the sound science forum abd we can talk about it with engineers and scientiest and other people. We can talk about every possibility of what is going on here. We can talk about what the Wyrd actually does and does not do as a packet repeater hub with a seperate power line that filters out any noise.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2018 at 3:29 AM Post #47 of 57
Ok, I think I wouldn't bother such an experienced man (and other educated people) with such a nonsense. Especially if he wasn't sitting in that room and listening. It's non-constructive talk. I'll just stick with my opinion. And I just suggest people to try by themselves and not listen to some fancy theories as well as my opinion.

Apr 22, 2018 at 3:57 AM Post #48 of 57
Ok, I think I wouldn't bother such an experienced man (and other educated people) with such a nonsense. Especially if he wasn't sitting in that room and listening. It's non-constructive talk. I'll just stick with my opinion. And I just suggest people to try by themselves and not listen to some fancy theories as well as my opinion.
Thing is it wont be just theories as digitial audio science has been proven. But if you are happy that is what matters. You can continue to live in your bubble. I do suggest other people try as well, but set up properly in a controlled test, but cant talk about how to do that here as that is science and there is proper place for that. The mind and ears are very powerful and will decieve you. The industry both hardware and recording is built on it.

For the record the data that is sent from your source is not even touched in the wyrd. It goes from the receiving chip straight to the transmitting chip then through the cable. Nothing is done with the data. It is just repeated. The power on the other hand is what the Wyrd was designed for. It is filtered through several cappicators so what goes through the new cable is clean power with no interfierce from the pc. This is why it is a decrapyfier.

So with this in mind. All the 1 and 0 identical and never being converted and passed through filters as of yet. How on earth could it have any actual affect on the music?

Now if you were getting noise and distortion through your usb for some reason from the power or the cable was not made correctly and the power line was picking up interfierence. Then yes the Wyrd would help decrapify and get rid of the destortion or interfierence, but can not change anything in the music.

Apr 25, 2018 at 10:26 AM Post #49 of 57
For the record the data that is sent from your source is not even touched in the wyrd. It goes from the receiving chip straight to the transmitting chip then through the cable. Nothing is done with the data. It is just repeated. The power on the other hand is what the Wyrd was designed for. It is filtered through several cappicators so what goes through the new cable is clean power with no interfierce from the pc. This is why it is a decrapyfier.

I see no reason to argue with the person who either didn't read or don't understand the specification.

Wyrd was the first device to combine both a low-noise, linear power supply and USB hub chip (or "regeneration," if you want to be fancy) with a precision crystal oscillator.

Quoted from http://www.schiit.com/products/wyrd

So with this in mind. All the 1 and 0 identical and never being converted and passed through filters as of yet. How on earth could it have any actual affect on the music?

If, as you stated, you are here for a long time, you may've heard that clock signal is a part of data that is being sent to DAC. That should partially explain how the sound is affected.

Last edited:
Apr 25, 2018 at 12:16 PM Post #50 of 57
I see no reason to argue with the person who either didn't read or don't understand the specification.

Quoted from http://www.schiit.com/products/wyrd

If, as you stated, you are here for a long time, you may've heard that clock signal is a part of data that is being sent to DAC. That should partially explain how the sound is affected.
Clock signal has to do with timing and nothing to do with dynamics of sound or how sound can be affected. The oscillator would have to do with timing of the repeating and feedback. It has nothing to do with dynamics of sound or can it change depth of or aspects of instruments.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2018 at 2:59 PM Post #51 of 57
When operating theoretically in a vacuum conclusions can easily be drawn however that's not how the real world operates. In the real world I have a Mimby that I have plugged into the USB on the back of my computer, Plugged into the optical out of my motherboard and most recently into the front USB port of my computer. The Mimby sounds different on each one, these are easily explainable. Optical out...the optical on my mobo probably isn't very good, it introduces jitter and alters the sound. Back USB, it never sounded very good, Im assuming the signal from the back USBs isn't very clean or I was getting EMI back there. Front USB sounds the best, either has to do with isolation from the other connections in the back of the computer or that front USB is acting like a hub which has been a solution to incorrect sounding Schiit Modis for quite some time now. Its all about getting the cleanest signal possible, because not everyone a clean signal or a perfectly clean signal.

I do have a question though about the Mimby and the Bimby going off of the basis that they are both gen 5 USB do they sounds different from one another and if they do is the different enough to warrant moving up to the Bimby. It would be a used Bimby so say somewhere in the 450 dollar range..ish.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back