Schiit Modi Multibit 2 DAC
Feb 17, 2023 at 4:59 PM Post #901 of 1,646
Let us know what you think of WiiM especially WiiM Pro. I find no fault driving via SPDIF a mmb2.

Will do. It's waiting for me at home and I will be home from the 24th through the 28th. I'll definitely put it through its paces.

Feb 17, 2023 at 9:55 PM Post #905 of 1,646
The Wiim Mini with a quality optical cable plugged into the MMB2 and my Schiit Lyr with some quality Amperex Heerlen ECC88s makes for a damn near unbeatable combo for both sound quality and price to performance ratio.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2023 at 1:12 AM Post #906 of 1,646
I've owned the Asgard 2 and have owned the Asgard 3 since it was introduced. Tough, powerful amps and I'm sure the MM2 will sound great with your OG Asgard. It really does with my Asgard 3.
I got my Asgard 1 today. You were right, it sounds great with MMb2!

Feb 18, 2023 at 10:52 AM Post #908 of 1,646
We should start a diverse MMb2 playlist. Name a track you think belongs and I will add what I can or at least give it a listen.
Edit: Tracks that in your listening experience showed you aspects you like about the DAC’s abilities

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2023 at 12:20 PM Post #911 of 1,646
I have posted music I listen to and I feel it plays well through the mmb2 but I post it because I like the music and think others will enjoy it too, for the music's enjoyment sake. My aim is not to select a small list of audiophile tracks. We should not listen to the sound, we should enjoy the music. There is a time to select equipment and make decisions on what one uses, but past that it should strictly be for listening enjoyment and the critical analysis of the equipment should fade away. The mmb2 is transparent and reproduces music naturally, in my opinion with the digital filter on.

Last edited:
Feb 18, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #912 of 1,646
I have posted music I listen to and I feel it plays well through the mmb2 but I post it because I like the music and think others will enjoy it too, for the music's enjoyment sake. My aim is not to select a small list of audiophile tracks. We should not listen to the sound, we should enjoy the music. There is a time to select equipment and make decisions on what one uses, but past that it should strictly be for listening enjoyment and the critical analysis of the equipment should fade away. The mmb2 is transparent and reproduces music naturally, in my opinion with the digital filter on.
That's my point in the playlist I'm referring to. Music to enjoy using mmb2 in your setup. People can listen for enjoying music or studying their purchases, or both. There are no rules to it.

Feb 18, 2023 at 12:56 PM Post #913 of 1,646
I sold my record collection three and half years ago before I moved out of state. I knew I was going to move so I had plenty of time and that was a good thing. I've been replacing my sold records with CDs and I always search for the best sounding CD version of an album before buying it. Many of the old CDs mastered by Barry Diament are the best you'll find. Japanese first pressings are usually good too. West German or Japanese "target" ( not the store ) are good. Rhino does a nice job usually remastering CDs. The hunt is part of the fun. Using a CD transport gives you the opportunity to change up DACs.
I've never streamed music before but I always enjoy reading about it.
Make a playlist and off you go. The mm2 is a really nice DAC and does let you sit back and enjoy the music and not listen to the equipment. I never would have thought that the mm1 could have been improved upon.

Feb 19, 2023 at 11:01 AM Post #914 of 1,646
I am thinking about ordering a MM2 but have a question about the clicking with sampling rate changes. I use Amazon Music on Windows 11 and listen to a variety of playlists. How can I see what the sampling rate is from song to song? I’d like to gauge how much potential clicking I’d encounter as that is the kind of thing that could distract me.

Feb 19, 2023 at 11:07 AM Post #915 of 1,646
I get zero clicking with my MMb2. If it is there…I’ve never heard it while listening to music.

The rest of you been getting clicking? I remember seeing that for the MMb1, not sure if the 2 does as well

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back