Schiit Mjolnir 3 - Impressions Thread
Mar 20, 2024 at 12:58 AM Post #2,101 of 2,846
Oh, but it is meant to be ...
giphy.gif

Mar 20, 2024 at 9:51 AM Post #2,103 of 2,846
Are there any specific infos about MJ3 how long Schiit would keep it in production?
From what I remember reading, they will be selling them in batches for an indefinite time. So, if they are in stock now, they might not be shortly because they've sold out of that particular batch. Then, it will be 1-2 months-ish before they have new stock from another batch run. From the way it sounds, they won't be going away right now, but 6 months from now, who knows.

Mar 21, 2024 at 5:52 PM Post #2,106 of 2,846
For anyone who’s on the fence about headphone cables, Stay away from apos flow cables, they are simply overpriced. People say cables make no difference but i assure you that periapt cables perform better. Ergonomically speaking the flow cable is nice. But if you want the best performance to price ratio then go with periapt. I haven’t heard other cables, but what i know for a fact is that apos is charging a lot more money than periapt is for a cable that performs worst sonically. Again, i assure you this. I can hear up to 18k. Trust me on this.

Mar 21, 2024 at 8:28 PM Post #2,107 of 2,846
For anyone who’s on the fence about headphone cables, Stay away from apos flow cables, they are simply overpriced. People say cables make no difference but i assure you that periapt cables perform better. Ergonomically speaking the flow cable is nice. But if you want the best performance to price ratio then go with periapt. I haven’t heard other cables, but what i know for a fact is that apos is charging a lot more money than periapt is for a cable that performs worst sonically. Again, i assure you this. I can hear up to 18k. Trust me on this.
I'm using Periapt also for all my 3.5mm compatible headphones, and they're excellent indeed.

Mar 21, 2024 at 8:49 PM Post #2,108 of 2,846
Anyone else having cap problems in the MJ3? Spotted a couple caps go bad on a unit I was getting- visible bulging when looking through the lid. Opened up for a pic but this can be seen easily without doing so:

1711068454599.png

Doesn't seem to be a heat issue since the caps next to them are of the same values and the same ones went bad on each channel - so perhaps this is a PSA - take a look at your Mjolnir 3 and check these two caps. They are visible through the lid and you'll easily be able to see if they are good with a little light. I don't think this will be too common though and Schiit will undoubtably take care of any issues.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2024 at 9:17 PM Post #2,109 of 2,846
Norne Cables gang Gang

norne2.jpg

Mar 21, 2024 at 9:22 PM Post #2,110 of 2,846
Mar 21, 2024 at 9:53 PM Post #2,111 of 2,846
Anyone else having cap problems in the MJ3? Spotted a couple caps go bad on a unit I was getting- visible bulging when looking through the lid. Opened up for a pic but this can be seen easily without doing so:
Mines been turned off for about a week, but one of mine have a bit of leakage on the top of the cap and the other is very slightly bulging. Could be something worth looking into. Mine is from the first batch.

Mar 21, 2024 at 9:59 PM Post #2,112 of 2,846
show off lol very nice though
just trying to promote my boy ;p

Trevor is a super nice guy and Norne even has some cables around ~$250 which is pretty incredible for what you get.

Mar 21, 2024 at 10:55 PM Post #2,114 of 2,846
Mines been turned off for about a week, but one of mine have a bit of leakage on the top of the cap and the other is very slightly bulging. Could be something worth looking into. Mine is from the first batch.
100% this is a problem. Leakage is well into failure territory. You need to contact Schiit.

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2024 at 11:00 PM Post #2,115 of 2,846
Good to know of another potential failure point. I'll keep my eyes peeled for this issue when I get mine back from getting the gain switch problem fixed on Monday :face_palm: . Mine's a very early first run unit as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back