Schiit Mjolnir 3 - Impressions Thread
Jan 19, 2024 at 1:55 PM Post #1,156 of 3,099
I have a feeling shipment will not be at the 31st of January either. I hope I'm wrong.
Unfortunately, ditto here. After 2 e-mails that were rather abrupt and non specific (as in what are the issues and what the resolution is planned... this usually happens when people are 1) uncertain of actual resolution, 2) consider customers are not in decision loop....
I would like to think it was more of uncertainty they still have with supply channel. Which might mean... well... who knows.

Jan 19, 2024 at 2:29 PM Post #1,157 of 3,099
I have a feeling shipment will not be at the 31st of January either. I hope I'm wrong.
Heck, maybe they (MJ3) will (ship on time). When I ordered my MJ3, I also ordered the Yggdrasil chassis upgrade and Unison USB. I got a notification to send it (the Yggdrasil for upgrade) in today, so maybe they got a big shipment of parts for all of their products! Let's hope so! Positive thinking!! lol

Jan 19, 2024 at 2:30 PM Post #1,158 of 3,099
I think the Bifrost is the sweet spot under 1k, it truly is where d/s and r2r meet. Not only that, but many say that headphone wise, they can’t hear any difference in sound when compared to the yggy. OG to OG and 2/64 to LIM. I’d imagine it pairs very well with the MJ3. My only issue with the pairing is the silver color options, they don’t match for whatever weird reason, but that’s just my OCD talking lol anyhow, listen for me too my friend! I’ll be here waiting….and waiting.
Biforst 2/64 with MJ3 is a superb combo, I couldn't be happier! About the silver finish, it is pretty ****ed up lol. It is messing with me as well, but it is what it is, the sound nirvana makes up for it :D

Jan 19, 2024 at 6:40 PM Post #1,160 of 3,099
When nothing is playing I can hear some buzzing noises that come from the Mj3 unit. It's probably the internal power supply. Do you also hear this? If you lay your fingers on the top surface you can also feel a slight vibration. :sweat_smile: Still too early for impressions as I'm burning in. :imp: I'm not sure if it's an improvement over Soloist 3 XP. Time will tell.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2024 at 12:24 AM Post #1,161 of 3,099
When nothing is playing I can hear some buzzing noises that come from the Mj3 unit. It's probably the internal power supply. Do you also hear this? If you lay your fingers on the top surface you can also feel a slight vibration. :sweat_smile: Still too early for impressions as I'm burning in. :imp: I'm not sure if it's an improvement over Soloist 3 XP. Time will tell.
That's coming from the choke inputs, every MJ3 is like that. To me the noise is nearly silent, i can only hear it from up close. Same with the vibrations, can only feel it when directly touching it and it does not vibrate my desk.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2024 at 12:47 AM Post #1,162 of 3,099
Just like you, I have Soloist 3 XP and I’m still wondering what I should change it to, MJ3 or Soloist 3 GT (2023)
I will follow your impressions of the comparison of MJ3 & Soloist 3 XP

Jan 20, 2024 at 5:56 AM Post #1,164 of 3,099
That's coming from the choke inputs, every MJ3 is like that. To me the noise is nearly silent, i can only hear it from up close. Same with the vibrations, can only feel it when directly touching it and it does not vibrate my desk.
Usually I sit at least 1m away from MJ3 and wouldn't notice it. When I get closer to it, I can hear it. No big deal.

Jan 20, 2024 at 6:44 AM Post #1,165 of 3,099
So the dealer the first time sent me a black version by mistake :D I like this silver much more!

mjolnirs2.png

Jan 20, 2024 at 6:45 AM Post #1,166 of 3,099
Also, the black version had a loudish hissing noise on high gain but was silent on low... Luckily the silver one is silent on both gains :p

Jan 20, 2024 at 7:01 AM Post #1,167 of 3,099
So the dealer the first time sent me a black version by mistake :D I like this silver much more!

mjolnirs2.png
Both look sweet! I also prefer silver though. Let that baby break in and please let us know.

Jan 20, 2024 at 8:43 AM Post #1,168 of 3,099
Also, the black version had a loudish hissing noise on high gain but was silent on low... Luckily the silver one is silent on both gains :p
I didn't hear any hissing on high gain, black unit. On the other hand I can hear hissing from Soloist 3XP on high gain when no music is playing.
Btw. thanks to your MJ3 you can shut off your heating unit on the background. :smiley:

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2024 at 9:16 AM Post #1,169 of 3,099
I didn't hear any hissing on high gain, black unit. On the other hand I can hear hissing from Soloist 3XP on high gain when no music is playing.
Btw. thanks to your MJ3 you can shut off your heating unit on the background. :smiley:
Haha I wish! Btw it really does heat up the room a little more.

Jan 20, 2024 at 9:21 AM Post #1,170 of 3,099
Both look sweet! I also prefer silver though. Let that baby break in and please let us know.
Will do, in a few days probably, depends on how much ear time can I get.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back