Schiit Mjolnir 3 - Impressions Thread
Jan 14, 2024 at 10:10 AM Post #1,081 of 2,961
It’s very odd that currawong is the only reviewer with a YouTube review of the MJ3, it’s also very coincidental that he paid for his himself, the MJ is clearly a hot topic, what’s going on? Is schiit being stingy? Or are reviewers only reviewing products that have been secretly gifted to them in exchange for positive reviews? I can only wonder
I am guessing that 1) they don’t have enough product to be sending for reviews 2) they don’t need reviews as they are selling all that they make without them

could be wrong….

Jan 14, 2024 at 10:21 AM Post #1,082 of 2,961
It’s more like #1 than #2. I can also see #2 as something Schiit doesn’t want to do since their objective is to sell affordable products to the masses and have their flagship as an offering for die hard Schiit fans

Jan 14, 2024 at 10:39 AM Post #1,084 of 2,961
In WaveTheory's very recent review of the Violectric V222 he says he has a MJ3 on order that will be "shipping in just a matter of days" and he will give it a thorough review including comparison to the V222. That's at 14:17 in the review here:

Jan 14, 2024 at 10:49 AM Post #1,085 of 2,961
In WaveTheory's very recent review of the Violectric V222 he says he has a MJ3 on order that will be "shipping in just a matter of days" and he will give it a thorough review including comparison to the V222. That's at 14:17 in the review here:

im pretty sure it will run circles around the vio, as good of a reputation they have they are high priced. I'd be more interested in a comparison between the mj and v550

Jan 14, 2024 at 12:26 PM Post #1,086 of 2,961
I recognize the lack of needing EQ on the S17 Pro, but from a music enjoyment perspective I personally consider this a positive characteristic.
Ofcourse not every record sounds the same, it adds a subtle tube-like ‘character’, as the manufacturer intended, and the level can be somewhat adjusted by increasing/decreasing the bias current (switch 50mA or 100mA).

Looking forward to Currawong’s full review (and comparison of Mjolnir 3 and S17 Pro):

Post in thread 'Aune S17 pro'
https://www.head-fi.org/threads/aune-s17-pro.970060/post-17918047
Something to consider I guess is the purpose of listening. You’re right: for some of you my description would sound appealing, but for producers/engineer that’s a no go. It doesn’t mean it doesn’t sound good, simply doesn’t fit my needs.

Jan 14, 2024 at 12:48 PM Post #1,087 of 2,961
It’s very odd that currawong is the only reviewer with a YouTube review of the MJ3, it’s also very coincidental that he paid for his himself, the MJ is clearly a hot topic, what’s going on? Is schiit being stingy? Or are reviewers only reviewing products that have been secretly gifted to them in exchange for positive reviews? I can only wonder
Because the demand is too high. I am still waiting and I ordered last month.
There was supposed to only be 250 of these but then the demand got too much so they did another 250.
Long story short, the hype is too high and the availability is too low. The people who got theirs loved it but many of those are not YouTube reviewers.

Jan 14, 2024 at 12:52 PM Post #1,088 of 2,961
... Or are reviewers only reviewing products that have been secretly gifted to them in exchange for positive reviews? ...
I mean, the above has been true since the creation of reviews on cave painting walls ("the deer in Gronk's valley taste the best. Remember, when entering the valley, visit Gronk's Spear Shack for a last minute honing....")

Last edited:
Jan 14, 2024 at 1:00 PM Post #1,089 of 2,961
I mean, the above has been true since the creation of reviews on cave painting walls ("the deer in Gronk's valley taste the best. Remember, when entering the valley, visit Gronk's Spear Shack for a last minute honing....")
Oh indeed...my question though is if thats *all* thats going on at the moment...i do have to factor in that the MJ3 is selling more than expected so that could be it, but even outside of the MJ i dont see much reviews being uploaded at all lately. It's as if somethings going on.

Jan 14, 2024 at 1:04 PM Post #1,090 of 2,961
Because the demand is too high. I am still waiting and I ordered last month.
There was supposed to only be 250 of these but then the demand got too much so they did another 250.
Long story short, the hype is too high and the availability is too low. The people who got theirs loved it but many of those are not YouTube reviewers.

I mean the hype is real considering I've heard the MJ3 so many times already

Jan 14, 2024 at 1:05 PM Post #1,091 of 2,961
Oh indeed...my question though is if thats *all* thats going on at the moment...i do have to factor in that the MJ3 is selling more than expected so that could be it, but even outside of the MJ i dont see much reviews being uploaded at all lately. It's as if somethings going on.
Good point. But you must realize Head-fiers are an ornery bunch. If it has problems we will blast it on the forum. So far besides it being extra warm/ hot to the touch, I see no issues which I take as a good sign.

Jan 14, 2024 at 1:09 PM Post #1,092 of 2,961
Good point. But you must realize Head-fiers are an ornery bunch. If it has problems we will blast it on the forum. So far besides it being extra warm/ hot to the touch, I see no issues which I take as a good sign.

At least I know I'm not being conned by a manufacturer claiming pure Class A. The original Asgard is even hotter than the MJ3

Jan 14, 2024 at 1:12 PM Post #1,093 of 2,961
I also think that Schiit doesn't pursue reviews aggressively like some manufacturers do.

IIRC, it was several/half-dozen years before any of the "mainstream media" even reviewed a Schiit device.

Jan 14, 2024 at 1:22 PM Post #1,095 of 2,961
Anyone here have experience with both the MJ3 and V550? does the MJ give the v550 a run for its money? or is the V550 simply in another league?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back