Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions
Sep 3, 2021 at 11:26 PM Post #6,002 of 6,943
Well hot damn I loved this track even more on LCD-4!!!

I did not know that ‘hot damn’ was an expression in the U.K….

Sep 3, 2021 at 11:28 PM Post #6,003 of 6,943
It was hidden under the Philips ECG's. My crap tube stash isn't neatly organized because, well, why? :smile:

Figured I'd hold onto the Philips for another several years and then sell them for $100 each. Perhaps I should 'borrow' some text from BangyBang and sell them for $500/pair? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1630717345697.png
Philips’s ECG’s are’s the’s best’s tubes’s ever’s…..send’s $$$$’s ASAP’s…..

Sep 3, 2021 at 11:36 PM Post #6,004 of 6,943
A diversion from RFT adulation (I will investigate…). On the E88CC side of things:
~ Brief update on Tungsram E88CC in Ksorolnir II: Very nice overall; even tonal balance; great dimensionality and body/heft; bass is sinewy; midrange is sculpted; treble is “open-aire”; exciting dynamic range; sounds more like a ECC81.
~ Killer kombo: Ksorolnir II / Tungsram / Gjallarhorn JM….

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2021 at 1:11 AM Post #6,005 of 6,943
And as I was searching for more Holy Craps, I ran across this:

12AU7 GE Gt Britain.jpg

Undisputable crap, right? But upon rolling it over, looky here:

12AU7 GE Gt Britain 2.jpg

Hmmmmm.....it's been sitting in a box for who knows how long. Probably came in a tube lot I purchased at some point, and I never even bothered pulling it out of the box. Maybe my search-for-crap expedition uncovered something....not crappy? I've never seen a GE-made tube with Great Britain printed on it, or an etched alpha/numeric code (only dots, and no dots on this). Anybody have any clue on this code? I suppose I could listen to it, but I'd have to remove the GE logo first or risk permanent damage to my reputation. :laughing:

12AU7 GE Gt Britain 3.jpg
Or silkscreen in a “C”…

Sep 4, 2021 at 3:49 AM Post #6,006 of 6,943
I did not know that ‘hot damn’ was an expression in the U.K….
Lol it's not used widely as far as I'm aware. I would have used another expression but head-fi has a habit of changing certain colloquials into something else entirely or at the very least they get replaced with asterisks...

Sep 4, 2021 at 4:53 AM Post #6,007 of 6,943

Attachments

• FB_IMG_1629071959230.jpg
    FB_IMG_1629071959230.jpg
    81.5 KB · Views: 0
Sep 4, 2021 at 7:38 AM Post #6,009 of 6,943
Sep 4, 2021 at 8:34 AM Post #6,011 of 6,943
You get your Langrex tubes yet? I haven`t and given up on them.
I've never had any problems with Langrex. Honestly. I've had one order that took way longer than usual to get here but it finally did, and the other orders have arrived in about 2.5 weeks pretty consistently. Haven't had any issues with the tubes either, and I've purchased probably a couple dozen different tubes from them over the past 4 or 5 years. Sorry to hear about the problems you're having. Shipments get lost, tubes may not measure up, but I guess what's most worrisome to me from what you're experiencing is the lack of response and resolution.

Sep 4, 2021 at 8:37 AM Post #6,012 of 6,943
I've never had any problems with Langrex. Honestly. I've had one order that took way longer than usual to get here but it finally did, and the other orders have arrived in about 2.5 weeks pretty consistently. Haven't had any issues with the tubes either, and I've purchased probably a couple dozen different tubes from them over the past 4 or 5 years. Sorry to hear about the problems you're having. Shipments get lost, tubes may not measure up, but I guess what's most worrisome to me from what you're experiencing is the lack of response and resolution.
Bully for you. 😉
I didn't toss the old one like they said otherwise I wouldn't have a pair. I had good experiences with them in the past myself.

Sep 4, 2021 at 8:48 AM Post #6,015 of 6,943
No. I got refunded last week. I'm done ordering from there. Lol
I may be too based on what you and TK have experienced. I've been lucky in not having any problems, but if this is how they (don't) respond when there is a problem, then it's time to go elsewhere.

I've ordered a couple times from Billington, and they have a good selection of Euro tubes at (roughly) similar prices to Langrex. But I've not had a problem for them to resolve either, so don't know how they respond if/when one occurs.

https://web211.secure-secure.co.uk/tube-and-valve-electronics.co.uk/default2.asp

Users who are viewing this thread

Back