Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions
Sep 3, 2021 at 3:36 PM Post #5,987 of 6,945
That's the way I feel like when I read about new holy grails here.😂
Sometimes daily HG's.
They are not holy grails…they are hourly grails…🤪😜😆😂🤔😒😢😭

Sep 3, 2021 at 4:33 PM Post #5,990 of 6,945
Not exactly. The closest that I have come to this comparison is: Vioelectric V280 vs Mjolnir II (capmod) with EVO Mystique DAC (NOS R2R). The V280 (a ‘stripped’ V281: amp circuitry is identical) is: slightly warm of neutral, a bit fuller in the bass.
Also might consider Bryston BHA-1. Audeze claim excellent synergy with and lots of power for LCD-4.

Sep 3, 2021 at 7:21 PM Post #5,992 of 6,945
Sep 3, 2021 at 7:36 PM Post #5,994 of 6,945
You covered everything that I'm hearing bro!
To add...... the soundstage on these is like no other tube. Most tubes have a wall at some point regardless of how big the projection is. These tubes really give you that endless distance away from your head. The reverberation from the bass and impact feels like it's coming from the room.
Vocals? Sheesh! The size , depth and texture is haunting. Really digs into the soul if you believe you have one 😂
Crap. Guess I'll have to sit this one out. :sob:

Sep 3, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #5,995 of 6,945
Make sure the island has: electricity or generators! Cape Cowen…a nice ring to it…
I'd planned on just using batteries. Since it would be my own island, I could dig a hole and bury them. No EPA. And think how much I'll save on boutique power cords! :laughing:

Sep 3, 2021 at 7:59 PM Post #5,996 of 6,945
6pm eastern expect a new HG by that time guys.:dt880smile:
Since it's past 6pm Eastern, how about some Holy Crap instead? :sweat_smile:

This is the nastiest tube I've heard in 25+ years of tube rolling. It doesn't just suck, it vacuums the entire universe.

5814A Philips ECG.jpg

Sep 3, 2021 at 8:06 PM Post #5,997 of 6,945
And as I was searching for more Holy Craps, I ran across this:

12AU7 GE Gt Britain.jpg

Undisputable crap, right? But upon rolling it over, looky here:

12AU7 GE Gt Britain 2.jpg

Hmmmmm.....it's been sitting in a box for who knows how long. Probably came in a tube lot I purchased at some point, and I never even bothered pulling it out of the box. Maybe my search-for-crap expedition uncovered something....not crappy? I've never seen a GE-made tube with Great Britain printed on it, or an etched alpha/numeric code (only dots, and no dots on this). Anybody have any clue on this code? I suppose I could listen to it, but I'd have to remove the GE logo first or risk permanent damage to my reputation. :laughing:

12AU7 GE Gt Britain 3.jpg

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2021 at 8:33 PM Post #5,998 of 6,945
And as I was searching for more Holy Craps, I ran across this:

12AU7 GE Gt Britain.jpg

Undisputable crap, right? But upon rolling it over, looky here:

12AU7 GE Gt Britain 2.jpg

Hmmmmm.....it's been sitting in a box for who knows how long. Probably came in a tube lot I purchased at some point, and I never even bothered pulling it out of the box. Maybe my search-for-crap expedition uncovered something....not crappy? I've never seen a GE-made tube with Great Britain printed on it, or an etched alpha/numeric code (only dots, and no dots on this). Anybody have any clue on this code? I suppose I could listen to it, but I'd have to remove the GE logo first or risk permanent damage to my reputation. :laughing:

12AU7 GE Gt Britain 3.jpg
The k61 SG Blackburn are better but far from my favorites.

Sep 3, 2021 at 8:42 PM Post #5,999 of 6,945
Since it's past 6pm Eastern, how about some Holy Crap instead? :sweat_smile:

This is the nastiest tube I've heard in 25+ years of tube rolling. It doesn't just suck, it vacuums the entire universe.

5814A Philips ECG.jpg
Why isn’t it in pieces?

Sep 3, 2021 at 9:10 PM Post #6,000 of 6,945
Why isn’t it in pieces?
It was hidden under the Philips ECG's. My crap tube stash isn't neatly organized because, well, why? :smile:

Figured I'd hold onto the Philips for another several years and then sell them for $100 each. Perhaps I should 'borrow' some text from BangyBang and sell them for $500/pair? :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:

1630717345697.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back