Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions
Jun 23, 2021 at 7:40 PM Post #4,381 of 6,973
Jun 23, 2021 at 8:00 PM Post #4,382 of 6,973
Dang young'uns. I've still got about 20 hours left to hit 25 which is the bare minimum before first listen. Yes, I'm anal. :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
I like to hear the changes, so I start at 0. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Jun 23, 2021 at 9:11 PM Post #4,383 of 6,973
Speaking of FU's...FU !!! You've got a WA33. You're my freaking hero for life. Send me the pair of Footscrays you just bought for my pitiful little WA2. I can't
afford my own back-up pair.
You know what sir. You are right. What the hell. Why would someone spend that much on low tech "simple" tech. That would also force me to spend $4k-$5k more on replacing tubes. ("We could have redone the bathroom!" <-- yells my wife)
the WA33 was on order and I just cancelled it.
It was just silly. Why do i need so many headphone amps in my 2 room apt.
I already have the PrimaLuna Evo 400 intergrated, the SPL Phonitor x and the MJ2. (maybe i'll pick up the wa22... i like the 6sn7 sound too.)

Thanks for saving me money. If only you where here to stop the speakers and dac :)

but.. now I have 2 extra foot 3-mica 1957s :p... i guess backup?

Jun 23, 2021 at 9:31 PM Post #4,384 of 6,973
Why do i need so many headphone amps in my 2 room apt? I already have the PrimaLuna Evo 400 integrated, the SPL Phonitor x and the MJ2.
Variety: spice of life; sonic flavours: for different listening moods; besides, how do you A/B headphone amps with only one? 😵‍💫

Jun 23, 2021 at 9:33 PM Post #4,385 of 6,973
Jun 23, 2021 at 9:35 PM Post #4,386 of 6,973
Jun 23, 2021 at 10:25 PM Post #4,387 of 6,973
Jun 24, 2021 at 1:35 AM Post #4,389 of 6,973
Completely paralyzed by this whole album right now 😂
One of my favourites off it.

I absolutely love that album, I am a real sucker for a double base especially as the Gungnir Multibit/Mjolnir 2 and Verite Closed reproduces them so spectacularly.

Jun 24, 2021 at 2:35 AM Post #4,390 of 6,973
Alright so here's where I'm at between the □ and the ○ getters.

After switching back and forth in 30 minute intervals , for me the □ is the better tube by a small margin.

The □ is an airier tube with more detail retrieval. A better sense of depth in the stage. The □ just carves out the picture a little more.

For an example. When I switch to the ○ it feels like the band is playing in the studio with sound panels on the walls. A little less reverb trails and that micro and macro detail that comes with being at a live venue.
The □ has better balance in the FR. Where as the ○ may seem more bass heavy due to that little lacking in air and depth. Both nail the sense of realism.

We're splitting hairs here though folks. When I switch to the ○'s, I'm still captivated by what I'm hearing a disappear in the music. When the □'s die there will be no heartbreak lol.

Jun 24, 2021 at 3:28 AM Post #4,394 of 6,973
This album is great too. I've been listening to this one for years.

That's all good Sammy.
And thanks for the square getter vs O getter mini-shootout. I'm just starting to hear the squares in their full regalia...my O's should be here next week.
We tend to hear and listen for the same things typically. We'll see how this one goes when I get the O's.

Jun 24, 2021 at 8:08 AM Post #4,395 of 6,973
Alright so here's where I'm at between the □ and the ○ getters.

After switching back and forth in 30 minute intervals , for me the □ is the better tube by a small margin.

The □ is an airier tube with more detail retrieval. A better sense of depth in the stage. The □ just carves out the picture a little more.

For an example. When I switch to the ○ it feels like the band is playing in the studio with sound panels on the walls. A little less reverb trails and that micro and macro detail that comes with being at a live venue.
The □ has better balance in the FR. Where as the ○ may seem more bass heavy due to that little lacking in air and depth. Both nail the sense of realism.

We're splitting hairs here though folks. When I switch to the ○'s, I'm still captivated by what I'm hearing a
That is really great to hear! I put 12 more hours on my Square last night, and it's coming along nicely. I have to say, the extra bit of air, detail and clarity is exactly what I was hoping for. Speaking of detail and clarity, the Hamburg 6201 PWTMDG had a slight edge over the O Getter Footscray, and it seems the Square is right there with it. :grinning: Honestly, with these 2 tubes I am completely blown away. They do completely different soundstage presentations, but both are "Master's of Nuance", have their own unique strengths, and put me "There". I plan to elaborate more on the differences once my Square Getter Footscray is completely burned in, and as it stands right now, Hamburg 6201 PWTMDG = Footscray CV4033 TMSG. :o2smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back