Schiit Mjolnir 2 Listening Impressions
Jun 22, 2021 at 1:26 PM Post #4,307 of 6,955
LOL! I left early, as I just couldn't take it knowing they were at home waiting for me, and I had to know the dates asap.:wink:

1956 Brimar CV4033 Triple Mica Footscray are in the house!

20210622_121617.jpg

I will report back in 50 hours. :o2smile:
I bet that you cannot resist the urge to spill the beans after only a few hours…

Jun 22, 2021 at 1:46 PM Post #4,308 of 6,955
LOL! I left early, as I just couldn't take it knowing they were at home waiting for me, and I had to know the dates asap.:wink:

1956 Brimar CV4033 Triple Mica Footscray are in the house!

I will report back in 50 hours. :o2smile:
If I figure that code out right those tubes would be 2nd week of July production?
2=week
G=July
6=56

Maybe lol

Jun 22, 2021 at 1:49 PM Post #4,309 of 6,955
If I figure that code out right those tubes would be 2nd week of July production?
2=week
G=July
6=56

Maybe lol
Or: 2 = to, G = Guidostrunk, 6 = within six days, 928 = 9:28am mail time. 🤣🤣🤣

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2021 at 2:07 PM Post #4,311 of 6,955
@billerb1 I can speak for everyone here. How do they sound bro? ☝
Sorry to keep you lunatics in suspense, but as TK knows, I have a tendency to overreact initially to tubes in the Holy Grail category. It's just the way I am. So freaking shoot me. I'm going to try not to do that this time as I am retired now and should be attaining a certain level of maturity. At least that's what people tell me. I suspect it is about time.
As Sammy said, I got them yesterday. They didn't come with the yellow tape on the tubes like the O Getters. They were wrapped in a non-adhesive cellophane which just slid off. These things look like they've never seen the light of day. Totally pristine. The square getters absolutely glistened in the light. Have never seen that before.

But maybe you guys are wondering how they sound. All I can give you are my initial thoughts on a half hour listen...raw out of the box. I'm not going to listen again until I get 40/50 hours on them. Switched out the 2 other pair of tubes in my WA2 to lesser quality ones to help keep me from cheating. I really don't want to hear them again until I'm at least getting them close to their full potential.
I always start with the John Coltrane tenor solo and the Bill Evans piano solo on Flamenco Sketches on Miles Davis' "Kind of Blue." I had a very emotional reaction to it. Outside of playing live, I've never felt closer to the music. Instrument timbre was shockingly 'true to size'...not a condensed, scaled-down version. You could truly hear and feel the instruments breathe. Venue spatial clues were so apparent and accessible (the room reverb, the size of the venue, the crowd nuances, etc.). So real, so much like being there. All with no burn-in. I'm not saying that my beloved Tele ECC801S's don't provide these things...just not to this degree. To whatever degree they improve from this point on, in my mind it's all house money. I'll report back in a few days and look forward to what others think as the other square getters begin to arrive.
Enjoy !!!

Edit: Know it's hard to make out but my code is the same as Wes S 2G6/928

Attachments

• IMG_3797.jpg
    IMG_3797.jpg
    108.6 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Jun 22, 2021 at 3:02 PM Post #4,316 of 6,955
Sorry to keep you lunatics in suspense, but as TK knows, I have a tendency to overreact initially to tubes in the Holy Grail category. It's just the way I am. So freaking shoot me. I'm going to try not to do that this time as I am retired now and should be attaining a certain level of maturity. At least that's what people tell me. I suspect it is about time.
As Sammy said, I got them yesterday. They didn't come with the yellow tape on the tubes like the O Getters. They were wrapped in a non-adhesive cellophane which just slid off. These things look like they've never seen the light of day. Totally pristine. The square getters absolutely glistened in the light. Have never seen that before.

But maybe you guys are wondering how they sound. All I can give you are my initial thoughts on a half hour listen...raw out of the box. I'm not going to listen again until I get 40/50 hours on them. Switched out the 2 other pair of tubes in my WA2 to lesser quality ones to help keep me from cheating. I really don't want to hear them again until I'm at least getting them close to their full potential.
I always start with the John Coltrane tenor solo and the Bill Evans piano solo on Flamenco Sketches on Miles Davis' "Kind of Blue." I had a very emotional reaction to it. Outside of playing live, I've never felt closer to the music. Instrument timbre was shockingly 'true to size'...not a condensed, scaled-down version. You could truly hear and feel the instruments breathe. Venue spatial clues were so apparent and accessible (the room reverb, the size of the venue, the crowd nuances, etc.). So real, so much like being there. All with no burn-in. I'm not saying that my beloved Tele ECC801S's don't provide these things...just not to this degree. To whatever degree they improve from this point on, in my mind it's all house money. I'll report back in a few days and look forward to what others think as the other square getters begin to arrive.
Enjoy !!!

Edit: Know it's hard to make out but my code is the same as Wes S 2G6/928
A great track to use….(Anyway, welcome to Footscray Hotel - where tube aficionados check in but do not check out. Located on the corner of KB and FB. In walking distance from Getter Square…)

Last edited:
Jun 22, 2021 at 3:55 PM Post #4,317 of 6,955
I've just listened to Caecilia by Fennesz, and honestly, there are gorgeous delicate wispy subtleties in the track right on the outer fringes of the soundstage that I've never picked up on before.

It's so cliché to say I know, but it's true. The detail with the Footscray tubes is better than my Amperex, Tungsram, Mullard, Tesla, and Genalex tubes.

Jun 22, 2021 at 4:36 PM Post #4,319 of 6,955
2=week
G=July
6=56

Maybe lol
In that case mine are a whole week older than yours, does that mean I win?
IMG_20210622_213108.jpg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back