Schiit Midgard - Impressions Thread
Dec 29, 2023 at 7:38 AM Post #466 of 592
Ask schitt if a DC 16 volt unit would work? It does get rectified to DC, and I’ve read in the past, a long time ago, that someone tried it and it worked. Confirm with schitt first.
I am in contact with Schiit-Europe and think they will replace the power supply. They are fast and friendly :)

Dec 31, 2023 at 3:09 PM Post #468 of 592
The Midgard arrived. I connected it to the single-ended output of my DAC, using splitters so that my DAC's output is also connected to my AVR. Works like a charm--even if I play the headphones and my speakers at the same time (which I'd never actually do). On first hearing, the mids and highs are sweeter than what I was getting from the THX Drop 789 amp. Plenty of power for my Clears and my other headphones (K702, HD600).

Jan 1, 2024 at 4:03 PM Post #469 of 592
Awesome sessions with Midgard, comparing with MB2 and Modius E.
Also Nitsche Piety...
ZMF VC's..

Stellar and my XLR connection is SOLID. No hum or buzzing of anykind
I have inserted my balanced cables into Midgard a hundred times and no issues..
It surprises me the some seem to have these issues ?
The again I insert and listen.
I dont actually try wiggling the connector much....why?

1704143017259.jpeg

Alex

Jan 1, 2024 at 5:18 PM Post #470 of 592
Awesome sessions with Midgard, comparing with MB2 and Modius E.
Also Nitsche Piety...
ZMF VC's..

Stellar and my XLR connection is SOLID. No hum or buzzing of anykind
I have inserted my balanced cables into Midgard a hundred times and no issues..
It surprises me the some seem to have these issues ?
The again I insert and listen.
I dont actually try wiggling the connector much....why?

1704143017259.jpeg
Alex
Which sounds better to your ears, Modius E or MM2?

Jan 1, 2024 at 5:20 PM Post #471 of 592
Which sounds better to your ears, Modius E or MM2?
Well thats a tough question...
But the MB2 in NOS mode is excellent.
The Modius E with the ESS 9028 dac chip is overall brighter or more clear...crisp etc.
So depending on which can I am using and the music it will change from one to another.

If I had to choose I would tear my hair out....

:>)
Alex

Jan 1, 2024 at 5:23 PM Post #472 of 592
Well thats a tough question...
But the MB2 in NOS mode is excellent.
The Modius E with the ESS 9028 dac chip is overall brighter or more clear...crisp etc.
So depending on which can I am using and the music it will change from one to another.

If I had to choose I would tear my hair out....

:>)
Alex
Thanks 🙏👍!

I have Modius AKM which supposedly warmer...

I like the MM2 better single-ended.

Last edited:
Jan 1, 2024 at 5:26 PM Post #473 of 592
I've never heard about this amp until just now when I saw one posted on CAM for sale. I wonder how this would compare to my SingZer SA-1.

Jan 1, 2024 at 5:51 PM Post #474 of 592
I've never heard about this amp until just now when I saw one posted on CAM for sale. I wonder how this would compare to my SingZer SA-1.
That's my Midgard for sale on CAM. I'm looking at Mjolnir 3 as an upgrade path (going all in!). :)
I've never heard of the SA-1, but I look forward to comments of users who have one or have compared it to other Schiit headphone amplifiers.

Last edited:
Jan 2, 2024 at 8:06 PM Post #475 of 592
Is the Midgard still worth getting even if you use single-ended? I hope to start using balanced in the near future, but I don’t have a source with balanced outputs.
As of last weekend, I run my RME ADI-2 DAC FS into the Midgard via Single Ended: sounds fine. I use the XLR out from my RME to my powered monitors...and I have remote control for those. Works perfect! Via headphones, Midgard sounds better.

Jan 2, 2024 at 8:32 PM Post #477 of 592
Just dynamics with Susvara. MJ3 is still a more matured, nuanced amp. However, you won't really notice it unless you have both amps side by side. Midgard is a highly competent amp for its price IMHO. It doesn't have that "prickly sound" that other amps have at its price range including the Magni Piety, Magni+ and even the Asgard 3. It beats the Jotunheim 2 in bass articulation in my opinion.
Prickly sound such as with the Asgard 3: can you elaborate? I'm curious to try an Asgard 3. Thank you.

Jan 2, 2024 at 9:06 PM Post #479 of 592
Midgard owner: I'm thinking of trying Asgard 3 for the fun of it since one came up on CAM today. Someone talk me out of it? Or....go for it? $350 Canadian.

One positive comment I want to make about SCHIIT: great packaging. No nonsense, well done for safe shipping in an enviro way: none of the clear tape...it's that enviro friendly paper tape. Well done Schiit!

Jan 2, 2024 at 10:00 PM Post #480 of 592
Midgard owner: I'm thinking of trying Asgard 3 for the fun of it since one came up on CAM today. Someone talk me out of it? Or....go for it? $350 Canadian.

One positive comment I want to make about SCHIIT: great packaging. No nonsense, well done for safe shipping in an enviro way: none of the clear tape...it's that enviro friendly paper tape. Well done Schiit!
I love my Asgard 3 so much, I feel no need to buy the Midgard for single-ended requirements

Users who are viewing this thread

Back