Schiit Magni is dead. Has anyone else had issues? Schiit seems great from what I've read.
Jan 23, 2013 at 10:02 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Swannie

New Head-Fier
My amp died today. I just received it two days ago. This morning I plugged it in, the light came on, then it died. I tried the adapter on some of my other electronics and it worked perfectly so that can't be the problem. My assumtion is the main board is probably done, or the switch and or socket on the back is. Has anyone else has problems with Schiit? I've already sent a request for an R.A number to schiit. I'm not even trying to fix it.

Jan 23, 2013 at 11:32 PM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
My amp died today. I just received it two days ago. This morning I plugged it in, the light came on, then it died. I tried the adapter on some of my other electronics and it worked perfectly so that can't be the problem. My assumtion is the main board is probably done, or the switch and or socket on the back is. Has anyone else has problems with Schiit? I've already sent a request for an R.A number to schiit. I'm not even trying to fix it.

They're very good about replacements. They'll send you a free Fedex label and once you drop it off at a Fedex pickup location they'll ship a new amp out. Pretty sure they'll do this for you.

You'll only be without your Magni for a few days.

I had a minor issue with mine and it wasn't much of a headache at all for me. The new one is perfect.

Jan 26, 2013 at 3:47 PM Post #4 of 4
I just got mine in the mail today and it will not turn on. I don't have any spare adapters that match but I tested mine with a voltmeter and it has good voltage so I guess I need to request an RA to get it replaced.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back