Schiit Lyr+ : Impressions Thread
Jan 26, 2023 at 12:15 PM Post #556 of 1,331
Jan 26, 2023 at 12:54 PM Post #557 of 1,331
It can drive Susvaras? My unit couldn't even drive the Diana Phi.
Not at full scale but it gets the job done.
Quoting such an example to point that Lyr+ is very powerful.
Of course Susvara owners know what they have and what to do with them.

Jan 27, 2023 at 3:30 PM Post #558 of 1,331
20230127_205621 (1).jpg

My first impression is very positive.
A lot of structure, order and clarity, and at the same time very rousing.

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2023 at 6:04 AM Post #559 of 1,331
Anyone interested in an a/b comparison?
Tung Sol vs Psvane.
I could record both with the PC, then you could see if, and what kind of difference you hear

Jan 28, 2023 at 7:31 AM Post #560 of 1,331
Call me
Download.jpeg.jpg

20230128_125423.jpg
20230128_125202.jpg
20230128_125251.jpg
20230128_130513.jpg

Jan 28, 2023 at 10:45 AM Post #562 of 1,331
Very nice piece of equipment, however, mine has the common “clicky” issue with the gain button. I believe this is caused by the miss alignment of the frame and the cover. Why am I saying this? The way I fixed mine (temporarily, I already contacted Schiit about the issue) is inserting a piece of cardboard, on the side of the gain button and the click came back.

Jan 28, 2023 at 12:23 PM Post #563 of 1,331
Very nice piece of equipment, however, mine has the common “clicky” issue with the gain button. I believe this is caused by the miss alignment of the frame and the cover. Why am I saying this? The way I fixed mine (temporarily, I already contacted Schiit about the issue) is inserting a piece of cardboard, on the side of the gain button and the click came back.
yeah I think we've deduced the issue from BowWazoo's post of the felt pad in there being misaligned or something. if you're brave you can open it up and move those pads.

Jan 28, 2023 at 3:02 PM Post #564 of 1,331
After I found a piece of Groneberg Quattro Reference in the storeroom today, I knew what my mission was today.

20230128_205049.jpg
20230128_205120.jpg

Then, after many years, I went shopping in the snake oil department.

Padis Fuse
20230128_204445.jpg

Last edited:
Jan 28, 2023 at 3:46 PM Post #565 of 1,331
yeah I think we've deduced the issue from BowWazoo's post of the felt pad in there being misaligned or something. if you're brave you can open it up and move those pads.
Just be aware that I think it will void the warranty if you open it up - and as one of those whose Lyr+ is yet to work (RA'd for the second time now) that would make me nervous.

Jan 28, 2023 at 3:53 PM Post #566 of 1,331
Just be aware that I think it will void the warranty if you open it up - and as one of those whose Lyr+ is yet to work (RA'd for the second time now) that would make me nervous.
yeah that's a fair assessment. I just wish the button thing was easier to solve than that usually. I truly get where everyone's annoyed by the response over it, cause opening it up and fixing it yourself is problematic for people

Jan 31, 2023 at 5:43 PM Post #567 of 1,331
Lyr+ arrived today!😎 I was concerned because of the reported problems, but mine checks out 4.0. All buttons clickety click and the amp functions without a hitch. Not real crazy about the volume control scheme, but definitely not a deal breaker by any means. I'm currently running it in with the supplied Tung-Sol 6SN7, will give my impressions after a few days of listening, although I've already had the hair stand up on my arms a couple times... Welp, back to Bill Frisell!

Jan 31, 2023 at 6:07 PM Post #568 of 1,331
Lyr+ arrived today!😎 I was concerned because of the reported problems, but mine checks out 4.0. All buttons clickety click and the amp functions without a hitch. Not real crazy about the volume control scheme, but definitely not a deal breaker by any means. I'm currently running it in with the supplied Tung-Sol 6SN7, will give my impressions after a few days of listening, although I've already had the hair stand up on my arms a couple times... Welp, back to Bill Frisell!
Just hang on to the shipping materials for a while. My problems didn't appear until I had the amp for about 2 weeks. But I'm going to believe that I just had bad luck and this is going to be an awesome amp for you!

Jan 31, 2023 at 6:46 PM Post #569 of 1,331
Just hang on to the shipping materials for a while. My problems didn't appear until I had the amp for about 2 weeks. But I'm going to believe that I just had bad luck and this is going to be an awesome amp for you!
The top of my garage is stacked with boxes from previous purchases I store "just in case". I catch heck about it all the time from that woman who insists on hanging around here. I read with great interest the difficulties others including you have been having. What was the final outcome of your bricked Lyr, did you get a new one or refund? You can bet if a problem arises, Schiit and all on this thread will hear ALL about it. It would be the first piece of Schiit to do so, and I've owned several....🤷🏼‍♂️

Last edited:
Jan 31, 2023 at 6:54 PM Post #570 of 1,331
The top of my garage is stacked with boxes from previous purchases I store "just in case". I catch heck about it all the time from that woman who insists on hanging around here. I read with great interest the difficulties others including you have been having. What was the final outcome of your bricked Lyr, did you get a new one or refund? You can bet if a problem arises, Schiit and all on this thread will hear ALL about it. It would be the first piece of Schiit to do so, and I've owned several....🤷🏼‍♂️
Yeah I learned about not saving boxes the hard way with my Lyr+...I actually had to order packing supplies from Amazon just to do my first RA. More recently, I returned my bricked unit to Valencia about a week ago and have heard nothing back yet. Since I changed my mind on my RA request late in the process, I asked them to repair/replace if possible and just refund me if not. We shall see!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back