Schiit Lyr 3 Tube rolling thread.....
Sep 3, 2018 at 11:33 AM Post #1,306 of 5,228
Have you managed to get hold of any of these tubes? How do they sound?

Not yet, i'm pretty settled with the tubes i've got now, can't imagine anything else being much better than Westinghouse 6SN7GTB D getter, Raytheon 6SN7WGT and Nevz 6N1P.

Sep 3, 2018 at 7:06 PM Post #1,307 of 5,228
Not yet, i'm pretty settled with the tubes i've got now, can't imagine anything else being much better than Westinghouse 6SN7GTB D getter, Raytheon 6SN7WGT and Nevz 6N1P.
That's because you have not listened to @bcowen 's Frankentubes yet :wink:
On that subject - I have been a bad boy... Found a stash of those, and bought them all... :anguished:
Assuming they prove to be the real Frankentubes - I might be willing to sell 1 or 2 of them. Preferably to people who do not own any, yet... @Ripper2860 - just making sure you got money left for experimenting with other tubes :wink:

Sep 3, 2018 at 7:10 PM Post #1,308 of 5,228

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2018 at 7:11 PM Post #1,309 of 5,228
@Zachik -- You sir, are no longer my friend. I will not abide another 7N7 FrankenHoarder. :unamused:

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2018 at 7:27 PM Post #1,311 of 5,228

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2018 at 7:34 PM Post #1,312 of 5,228
LISST tubes exist for one reason. They exist so that when @bcowen completes his diabolical plan to purchase the world's entire supply of dual triode octal tubes, we Schiit owners will have the ability to continue enjoying our fine audio gear, although at a reduced enjoyment level, until such a time as we find him, capture him, and make his tube stock available to the masses, once more. :wink:

OK -- on a serious note: I've not seen any comparison between a good tube and LISST that stated LISST sounded as good or better. I can only assume they exist for convenience and possibly as a interim solution should a tube fail and a backup tube not be at the ready. I guess some folks that like a SS sound may find them a highly suitable alternative, but then why would they not just get a good SS amp -- like Jot?

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2018 at 8:01 PM Post #1,314 of 5,228
A stash? A STASH?!? Oooohhh....I'm jealous. Pics? Or are you still waiting on arrival?
Will be shipped to me tomorrow morning... VERY reputable seller got your list of attributes and guarantee this is it. Finger crossed... :wink:

Sep 3, 2018 at 8:03 PM Post #1,315 of 5,228
@Zachik -- You sir, are no longer my friend. I will not abide another 7N7 FrankenHoarder. :unamused:
Of course I am your friend!
I am saving you from spending all your tube budget on a single type... you got to spread your horizons buddy :wink:

Sep 3, 2018 at 8:06 PM Post #1,316 of 5,228

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2018 at 8:07 PM Post #1,317 of 5,228
OK -- on a serious note: I've not seen any comparison between a good tube and LISST that stated LISST sounded as good or better. I can only assume they exist for convenience and possibly as a interim solution should a tube fail and a backup tube not be at the ready. I guess some folks that like a SS sound may find them a highly suitable alternative, but then why would they not just get a good SS amp -- like Jot?
I believe I read somewhere Schiit commenting that those LISST tubes were made to add flexibility. Basically, market those amps as 2-in-1 (Tube Hybrid, and Solid State) by swapping tubes...

Sep 3, 2018 at 8:08 PM Post #1,318 of 5,228

Last edited:
Sep 3, 2018 at 8:18 PM Post #1,319 of 5,228
Quit being so dramatic. I'll leave all the tubes manufactured by GE for you. GE labeled tubes made by others (actually, any others) are not subject to this exception. :slight_smile:

Well, I stand corrected. Obviously your generosity knows no bounds. :wink:

Sep 3, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #1,320 of 5,228
Of course I am your friend!
I am saving you from spending all your tube budget on a single type... you got to spread your horizons buddy :wink:

Nah. Nah. Nah. I can't hear you. Nah Nah Nah. Traitor. Nah. Nah. Hoarder. Nah. Nah. Nah …

OK. Kidding aside. I'm glad you were able to find a stash, as they are pretty hard to find. A lot of folks jump immediately on the tall bottle, flat-top, 1/2 covered chrome flashed, gray t-plate tubes with racetrack lower mica, but in their excitement forget to check for the completely round spikey top mica. Congrats!! You, sir should buy a lotto ticket as you are definitely on a roll!! :smirk:

Dammit!!! I can't do it! There is no round top spikey mica. Call me dramatic. Call me a hoarder. You can call me many things, but much to my chagrin, liar is not one of them. Good luck with your 'double secret' stash of hopefully true Frankentubes, you dastardly hoarder :unamused:

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back