Schiit Loki Max Impressions
Apr 2, 2022 at 6:32 AM Post #106 of 265
I am in this camp also. Everyone's always trying to make something a showdown, it's OK to do it all or anywhere in between.

*comes to a fiddlesome, analogue EQ owner&impression thread, then craps. Haha.

You still don't own the Loki Max, but at least your replies are sensible and you seem to like hanging on in the thread. You said you've tried a lot of other analogue EQs, which ones would you recommend? Or with digital ones would you recommend that might be easier or more "on the fly" like the Loki Max? I haven't pulled the trigger yet, so I'm happy to take advantage of your experience and maybe catch a different perspective on this one.
yeah, I'm sorry about that.

Apr 24, 2022 at 6:09 PM Post #107 of 265
Schiit returned the Loki Max to me within two weeks, with a note saying it tested fine and there’s no channel imbalance that they could detect.

Is it just my unit, or when the Loki Max is turned on and the EQ circuit is switched on (even with all knobs set at default), does the volume sound louder? That is, as opposed to when the Loki Max is turned on and the EQ circuit is switched off? Is it adding gain when the EQ circuit is engaged, regardless of where the knobs are set?
all schiit eq's increase volume output . its not just you. found this multiple times.

Apr 25, 2022 at 1:43 PM Post #109 of 265
re: level changes. Interesting that some report this. With my Max, if I leave all controls set to zero I can toggle the bypass switch and hear no level changes.

Apr 25, 2022 at 5:10 PM Post #110 of 265
re: level changes. Interesting that some report this. With my Max, if I leave all controls set to zero I can toggle the bypass switch and hear no level changes.
Maybe this is a dumb question, but are you using the RCA output or the XLR output? I only hear the gain difference at the default settings with XLR output.

Apr 26, 2022 at 9:37 AM Post #112 of 265
Anyone with the Max have a lokius prior to? Wondering if it behaves the same other than remote control and extra bands, or if there is any added accuracy or transparency, etc

Thank you

I have both. I'd say operation is largely the same. They both have 6 bands.

I'd say the Loki Max sounds better, but then I want to believe that having paid 5X as much for it. 😁

Apr 26, 2022 at 12:40 PM Post #113 of 265
I have both. I'd say operation is largely the same. They both have 6 bands.

I'd say the Loki Max sounds better, but then I want to believe that having paid 5X as much for it. 😁
it's shocking to me the lack of comparisons online between the two of them.

Apr 26, 2022 at 12:55 PM Post #115 of 265
it's shocking to me the lack of comparisons online between the two of them.
I think the reason is that it is such a niche product, that there just isn't that much interest in it in the general audiophile audience. I had a Lokius on order for a while, and then cancelled after I found the graphic equalizer's in both Apple Music, and Airfoil do the job for me. Each has 10 bands/frequencies to tweak to one's taste. I only use it on recordings that lack dynamic range. Other times, I don't need to use them at all due to great recording/mastering.

Apr 26, 2022 at 10:03 PM Post #117 of 265
Anyone communicate with Schiit regularly? I wonder if there's any plans to come out with a Loki Ultimate or something with an 8 band EQ :) I tried posting on the main Schiit thread, but any useful post gets drowned out by a flood of nonsense about craft beers and other non-audio stuff, lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back