Schiit Loki DSD
Mar 1, 2014 at 3:53 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

HPiper

Headphoneus Supremus
I haven't seen a thread about this device in here. I was wondering how popular this device is and how well it works. Especially considering the very low price compared to some of the other units like the Concero dacs that have DSD playback built in and Mytek and others. I was just reading a post on another web site from someone who was selling his because he said it didn't work very well, but he didn't say much more than that (could have been user error for all I know). So do you use it and how well does it work for you? I don't really see enough DSD source material out there to invest a lot of money in it, but at the same time there are a few things I see that I wouldn't mind getting.

Mar 1, 2014 at 4:16 AM Post #2 of 8
I've never had a problem with mine using Foobar. I play Dsf files ripped from my SACD collection and the sound quality is excellent. Only problem is I've never compared it to anything else. Before I was using a Sony Blu-ray player so that's not really a fair comparison. There are a few threads around here, the Hoffman Forums and Computer Audiophile. Considering it only costs $150, I don't think you can go wrong if you want to test the waters.

Mar 1, 2014 at 11:15 AM Post #3 of 8
Wells thanks. You already answered one of my questions, you like the sound you are getting out of it. After looking on Schiit's website they seems to hint that Foobar in particular is hard to sent up for dsd playback and I see that is what you are using, did you have a problem getting it setup initially? I would like to see a "How-to" section on these forums, then someone who knows could post how to set up stuff, like this, with various software.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back