Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Feb 17, 2020 at 9:27 PM Post #6,168 of 6,473
Didn't hear yet the Multibit DAC but I have internal AK4490 DAC with my Jot that I didn't used, it is crap compared to my smsl su-8 even with my previous smsl m8.

Mar 2, 2020 at 4:57 AM Post #6,175 of 6,473
Anyone with a Jot and one of the THX amps to compare?

I have a Jot sitting next to a SMSL SP200. Finding the THX overall clearer and punchier, Jot smoother, bit fuller low maybe.

Mar 2, 2020 at 7:46 AM Post #6,176 of 6,473
Did Jotunheim get a revision?...There's some speculation that there was changes that was made?
I've read about a "silent revision" somewhere before, but have no proof that early versions of the Jotunheim had sharper treble than recent versions. I've had mine since Fall 2017 I think.

Has it ever been confirmed if Jotunheim did receive a silent revision? I bought my current one from Schiit UK (Electromod) in July 2018 so am curious which version I have.

Mar 2, 2020 at 7:51 AM Post #6,177 of 6,473
Anyone with a Jot and one of the THX amps to compare?

I have a Jot sitting next to a SMSL SP200. Finding the THX overall clearer and punchier, Jot smoother, bit fuller low maybe.

I find my Jot to be somewhat bright and clinical sounding and have wondered how it compares to the THX amps. I love hearing the Jot's detail and it can punch down low too but it does fatigue me sooner than my other warmer sounding amps. I am intrigued by what I have been hearing about the THX amps but haven't decided whether to pull the trigger or not though. The Massdrop Panda + THX AAA headphone sounds interesting though.

Mar 2, 2020 at 8:25 AM Post #6,178 of 6,473
I seldom use my Jots before and favor using my DV336 with my HD600. But since I got my Beyer Amiron, I seldom used my DV. It seems that the pairing of Jots and Amiron to my ear is match made in heaven.

Mar 4, 2020 at 8:44 PM Post #6,179 of 6,473
So what's the difference between buying a Jotunheim with the preinstalled multibit card or using the True Multibit? I'm considering upgrading my 4490 Jotunheim if the True Multibit card is worth the difference.

Mar 4, 2020 at 11:57 PM Post #6,180 of 6,473
what's the difference between buying a Jotunheim with the preinstalled multibit card or using the True Multibit?
The preinstalled card and the upgrade card are the same. Schiit trademarked the name "True Multibit" relatively recently and began applying the name to all of their multibit products, but they haven't completely updated their website to change every reference of multibit to True Multibit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back