Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Jan 3, 2017 at 10:10 PM Post #3,271 of 6,472
@patton I was in the same boat as you until I threw my Speakers and Sub on a separate power strip that I can toggle easily with my foot.  Problem solved!

Jan 3, 2017 at 10:13 PM Post #3,272 of 6,472
  @patton I was in the same boat as you until I threw my Speakers and Sub on a separate power strip that I can toggle easily with my foot.  Problem solved!

You didn't have grounding issues with this or is the power strip connected to the main power strip?

Jan 3, 2017 at 10:29 PM Post #3,273 of 6,472

Subgenres, like progressive rock or stoner rock, yes. I like bandcamp to do so, once you buy it offers unlimited streaming of the bands and download high resolution files. No need for labels, just the band and you.

Really?  High Res on bandcamp?  Best I've found so far is 16/44.1 stuff.  Got any examples of high res on BC?  TIA

Jan 3, 2017 at 10:42 PM Post #3,274 of 6,472

You didn't have grounding issues with this or is the power strip connected to the main power strip?

I had them on the same outlet.  It's generally not a good idea to daisy chain power strips.

Jan 4, 2017 at 5:31 AM Post #3,276 of 6,472
I was thinking of doing something but am unsure if it would mess something up, I heard the Jot sounds bright with the HD-800's, so I wanted to add a tube buffer but still have the integrated balanced DAC. I was thinking of using the DAC, using the Pre-outs into the buffer, and from the buffer back into the Jot. Would this work or would it cause problems? Thanks.

Jan 4, 2017 at 5:43 AM Post #3,277 of 6,472
With that configuration neither would work since each one is a separate input. Select internal DAC, sends to pre out but you're listening to just DAC output to Jot amp. If you switch to line input, where tube buffer would return, you wont hear anything since the tube buffer isn't recieving any sound. Hope this makes sense.

Jan 4, 2017 at 8:30 AM Post #3,278 of 6,472
I had them on the same outlet.  It's generally not a good idea to daisy chain power strips.

True about not Daisy chaining power strips. I would think two separate outlets on the same circuit breaker would also be OK. Is this right or am I mistaken?

Jan 4, 2017 at 12:26 PM Post #3,280 of 6,472
Just received a Jot yesterday and I can see what all the fuss is about. Really nice piece of gear! It's a keeper... for now :innocent:

Have to say the internal Dac is decent enough too. Wasn't expecting it to sound as good as it does.

Jan 4, 2017 at 12:41 PM Post #3,281 of 6,472
Just received a Jot yesterday and I can see what all the fuss is about. Really nice piece of gear! It's a keeper... for now :innocent:

Have to say the internal Dac is decent enough too. Wasn't expecting it to sound as good as it does.

Its a great DAC for $100.00.

Too many naysayers who have never heard the DAC in the Jot.

Welcome to the Jot club... 

beerchug.gif

Jan 4, 2017 at 1:47 PM Post #3,282 of 6,472
With that configuration neither would work since each one is a separate input. Select internal DAC, sends to pre out but you're listening to just DAC output to Jot amp. If you switch to line input, where tube buffer would return, you wont hear anything since the tube buffer isn't recieving any sound. Hope this makes sense.

Thanks! I'll just use an external DAC then with the buffer.

Jan 4, 2017 at 2:58 PM Post #3,284 of 6,472
A minor gripe for an otherwise A+ amp.

Jan 4, 2017 at 3:07 PM Post #3,285 of 6,472
Was ready to order yesterday, but kept on reading and reading about it. 
blink.gif

I had no idea their supply chain would take a dump like this, especially since they have kept up with production since its introduction and made it through the holidays with stock left.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back