Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Dec 11, 2016 at 1:34 PM Post #2,884 of 6,472
Dec 11, 2016 at 1:40 PM Post #2,885 of 6,472
Dec 11, 2016 at 3:09 PM Post #2,886 of 6,472
I also have a pair of JBL LSR305 in one of our office set ups.

It's hard to do definitively better than the LSR305 until you get to the ~$500 each / ~$1000 pair level (Adam, Dynaudio, Eve Audio, Focal).

Are all of those speakers self powered?

Dec 11, 2016 at 3:43 PM Post #2,887 of 6,472
Are all of those speakers self powered?

Adam and Eve exclusively make powered monitors.

Dynaudio and Focal have both home and pro lines. The pro lines are powered.

Dec 11, 2016 at 3:51 PM Post #2,889 of 6,472
Wow! Just finished reading all 193 pages of this thread. I even hit the USB power disagreements that were 4 pages long.

The Jodie does look like a very capable and transparent amp.

I am thinking of getting it with the DAC card and a Multibit dac (Mimby or Bimby). With both well mastered and poorly mastered music, I could switch to the internal dac to soften poorly mastered music if needed. Does this make sense?

I will use it with the ZMF Omni and later with the ZMF Atticus and Eikon. It will be fed from my PC USB port, but I know the solutions if it is noisy after 193 pages.

Dec 11, 2016 at 3:58 PM Post #2,890 of 6,472
Wow! Just finished reading all 193 pages of this thread. I even hit the USB power disagreements that were 4 pages long.

I am thinking of getting it with the DAC card and a Multibit dac (Mimby or Bimby). With both well mastered are poorly mastered music, I could switch to the internal dac to soften poorly mastered music if needed. Does this make sense?

I will use it with the ZMF Omni and later with the ZMF Atticus and Eikon. It will be fed from my PC USB port, but I know the solutions if it is noisy after 193 pages.

Yes it does make sense and are you are dedicated to read all 193 pages..

Dec 11, 2016 at 6:13 PM Post #2,891 of 6,472
I plan to get the Focal Elear and drive it with the Jotunheim and the Modi Multibit.

Maybe in a second step I will change cables in order to drive the Elear in balanced mode.

I will be able to listen to the Elear soon, but there's no way I can check out the Schiits beforehand.

Does this sound like a good idea to you or have I overlooked something?

Dec 11, 2016 at 6:28 PM Post #2,893 of 6,472

I am thinking of getting it with the DAC card and a Multibit dac (Mimby or Bimby). With both well mastered and poorly mastered music, I could switch to the internal dac to soften poorly mastered music if needed. Does this make sense?

I hope you are listening to music when you do that. Because dang.

Dec 11, 2016 at 6:31 PM Post #2,894 of 6,472

I was and part of the time I was getting my steps walking. Also, I skipped over parts that didn't matter to me such as modding the HD650 as I do not have that headphone.

Dec 11, 2016 at 6:59 PM Post #2,895 of 6,472

Yeah, I often wish that long threads had someone to edit a synopsis of the latest revelations so you don't have to go through and read 200 pages to learn what could be learned in one post if properly summarized :p

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back