Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Dec 9, 2016 at 7:21 AM Post #2,866 of 6,472

Why are you matching to the DAC?

You should be matching the amp to your headphones.

I am using LCD-3 F mostly but the question was really about trying to understand the post above mine. I think Jot is a great pairing with Yggy but I don't know having not heard many others. About all I have heard are most of the Schiit amps except Rag.

Dec 9, 2016 at 3:22 PM Post #2,867 of 6,472
Dec 9, 2016 at 4:06 PM Post #2,868 of 6,472
Dec 9, 2016 at 4:36 PM Post #2,870 of 6,472
You are correct but I don't see what it has to do with the jot/rag.

It does not have anything to do with the Jot/Rag.  He just hates the HD700 and likes to trash them...

Dec 9, 2016 at 5:54 PM Post #2,871 of 6,472
I am considering the Jot + DAT MB + HD650 combo.
Few questions.
1. How much different the Modi MB & Bifrost MB really are? Is the price difference really justified?

2. Is it possible to change the plug and voltage later on? Might need to go from USA to Europe plug.

Dec 9, 2016 at 6:22 PM Post #2,872 of 6,472
You are correct but I don't see what it has to do with the jot/rag.
The point is the "some people" argument applies to every possible interpretation in head-fi. For every 999 people that think a headphone sounds one way, you're going to get 1 person who says the exact opposite.

Dec 9, 2016 at 9:40 PM Post #2,873 of 6,472

Many who compared the Jotunheim to the ragnarok favored the Jotunheim.

Maybe for the price. Otherwise the rag is better.

I've owned the Ragnarok and now have the Jotunheim. While the Jotunheim punches well above its weight, it's not in the same tier as the Ragnarok IMO. With an Yggy, and if cost is no object, I wouldn't settle for anything less than a Ragnarok.

Dec 10, 2016 at 2:28 AM Post #2,874 of 6,472
Dec 10, 2016 at 7:22 AM Post #2,875 of 6,472
What is the source of this?  And how many is "many"?

I should rephrase that to "out of the few reviews I've read comparing them both, the majority preferred the Jot."

I was making a sweeping statement in response to a statement from someone who hadnt heard ragnarok with the Yggy, only other amps.

My source is this thread for the first month of the Jot release. There were tons of reviews, and a handful of people who had listened to both the rag and the Jot, the majority preferring the Jot, some for the price, some regardless of price.

Many means the majority. When we're talking about ~5 comparisons and 4 said the same thing, that is "many" in that circumstance.

Anyway, use the search function and read for yourself as my memory of posts I read 4 months ago isnt 100%.

Dec 10, 2016 at 8:01 PM Post #2,877 of 6,472
Just ordered a Jotunheim, curiosity got the better of me, maybe I should have a cat as my avatar :blink:

I mainly listen to speakers

:confused_face_2:  

Edit: looks like I better order an XLR and start lead making.

LOL! I do have one of our four cats as my avatar.

Now I am subscribed too as a benefit of this post.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back