Schiit Jotunheim Review / Preview - Head-Fi TV
Dec 5, 2016 at 12:15 AM Post #2,806 of 6,472

Not all of them.  The Mjolnir 2 pre-outs always stay active regardless if a heaphone is plugged in or not.

When I want to listen to headphones, I just reach back and turn off my monitors.  Takes 10 seconds.

Makes perfect sense then, since the Mjolnir2 also is balanced.

Dec 5, 2016 at 6:42 AM Post #2,808 of 6,472

So, I did some more research, and you are correct.

I know, thanks. I use that config most days 
smily_headphones1.gif

Dec 5, 2016 at 6:51 AM Post #2,809 of 6,472
Not all of them.  The Mjolnir 2 pre-outs always stay active regardless if a heaphone is plugged in or not.

When I want to listen to headphones, I just reach back and turn off my monitors.  Takes 10 seconds.

I agree it's not as big of a deal as you may think. Initially I thought it was a bit of a hassle (being familiar with the Modi2U and Vali2) but like anything else once you become accustomed to it, it's no longer an issue.

Dec 5, 2016 at 10:32 AM Post #2,810 of 6,472
  Grrr.

My original Fedex delivery estimate for my Jotunheim was for today.   Tracking page on Fedex still says today by the end of the day, but it stood out as odd to me that it was not yet listed as out for delivery, and instead was in the next state over, en route to my local delivery facility, so I called them, and now they are saying delivery won't be until Tuesday :frowning2:

Fedex Ground appears to be messing up a lot with delivery estimates these days, at least in my area.   Has anyone else had this issue?

Alright,

Now someone must be playing a practical joke on me or something:

Package en route from CA to MA travels in the following order???

CA -> MA -> NH -> CT -> OH?

What's next?   Maybe Texas for good measure?

Dec 5, 2016 at 10:48 AM Post #2,811 of 6,472
  Not much comparisons between MJ2 LISST and Jotunheim. Would like to hear which one sounds cleaner/clearer.

These are VERY similar. Actually I think the Jotunheim has a darker floor but just slightly. They have similar power, IIRC it depends on load resistance which has more max power. I did NOT care for the LISST option, noisy for me, sharp, not as pleasant as Jotunheim. I really enjoy both amps and exchange one for another occasionally. 

Dec 5, 2016 at 10:49 AM Post #2,812 of 6,472

Alright,

Who'd have known. There is?are Fedex people here that are Schiit fans looks like, lol. But hey, look at the bright side, you save 20+ bucks by using Ground instead of 2 days right...

Dec 5, 2016 at 10:53 AM Post #2,813 of 6,472

I did not say I do not believe you. I am just confused. Two posts after yours it clearly says:

"The Jot doesn't care if there are headphones plugged in or not; the pre-outs are always active."

So that means that both headphones and monitors are active and that seems as in inconvenience for me. My monitors do not have a front control and turning them off would be extremely inconvenient for me. I think it would be much more reasonable if when the headphones were in pre outs would be off. Correct me if I am wrong, but isn't it how other Shiit amps work? 

Plug your speakers into a remote controlled switch.

Dec 5, 2016 at 10:55 AM Post #2,814 of 6,472

Alright,

Package en route from CA to MA travels in the following order???

CA -> MA -> NH -> CT -> OH?

Something very strange going on, almost like there are 2 labels that are scanning the same number out there. I mean how did it get from CT to OH in 3 minutes???

Dec 5, 2016 at 11:01 AM Post #2,816 of 6,472
Who'd have known. There is?are Fedex people here that are Schiit fans looks like, lol. But hey, look at the bright side, you save 20+ bucks by using Ground instead of 2 days right...

I've always believed patience is a virtue.

I've never once in my life paid extra for faster shipping, and I order a ton of stuff online.

My last few orders from Schiit via FedEx Ground got here in 4 days which is very respectable for coast to coast ground.

This one has an original delivery estimate of 4 days as well (Dec 3rd) but now it just says "Pending".

My plan was to reuse the outer shipping box to return my Lyr 2 back to Schiit, but now I hope I don't run out of time :p

Dec 5, 2016 at 11:13 AM Post #2,817 of 6,472
I've always believed patience is a virtue.

I've never once in my life paid extra for faster shipping, and I order a ton of stuff online.

My last few orders from Schiit via FedEx Ground got here in 4 days which is very respectable for coast to coast ground.

This one has an original delivery estimate of 4 days as well (Dec 3rd) but now it just says "Pending".

My plan was to reuse the outer shipping box to return my Lyr 2 back to Schiit, but now I hope I don't rub out of time
tongue.gif

I was in the same boat; my Jotunheim also left Schiit's facility the same time yours did. It was scheduled to be delivered on 12/3 and my tracking info didn't update after leaving California, luckily mine was delivered today. The extra transit time is probably due to the influx of things being shipped for the holidays and all the amazon prime stuff on a 2 day delivery time.

Dec 5, 2016 at 12:00 PM Post #2,818 of 6,472

Something very strange going on, almost like there are 2 labels that are scanning the same number out there. I mean how did it get from CT to OH in 3 minutes???

They are just that FAST!  lol

More seriously though, good catch, I didn't look at the details that closely.

I'm thinking one of two things probably happened:

- One of those scanners they use has the wrong time and date on it, and it's updating the database with entries out of order as a result

- Scanner misread at some point resulting in another package scanning with my number, and winding up in my tracking history.   This is improbable, as barcodes have checksums built in, but not impossible.

That, in combination with, someone threw it on the wrong truck at some point too :p

Dec 5, 2016 at 2:11 PM Post #2,820 of 6,472

He is probably taking about power strips with remote switches.

There are power switches you can turn on and off with a little remote control. There are also extension cords with remote wired power switches.

It feels a little bit like a hack, but it certainly should work.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back