Schiit Jotunheim 2 - Impressions Thread
Apr 5, 2021 at 10:08 AM Post #1,456 of 2,952
Mine is dual-purposed as a night light.

DlD5hw9.jpg
Sound and visual art :heart_eyes:

Apr 5, 2021 at 5:29 PM Post #1,457 of 2,952
Well it's been about a week and I can safely say that the iFi Neo and Jot2 combo is the best I've had and I love how all my headphones I've tried sound with it. What has surprised me the most is how good my Sony Z1R sounds now, they never sounded this good with any of my other amps. It's hard to explain what the difference is other than saying everything just sounds cleaner but I think the biggest change is how good the mids sound now. Vocals come through so much better and all the instruments and sounds in the mids are more noticeable with better detail. I couldn't be happier and I finally feel like I've found the best desktop setup for my needs.

Apr 5, 2021 at 8:15 PM Post #1,458 of 2,952
The Jotunheim 2 has been my main headphone amplifier for 2 months now. It replaced the Asgard 3 for SE and the Liquid Platinum(!) for balanced. I perceive the same warmth and energy as the Asgard 3 while keeping the oomph, detail and width of the Liquid Platinum. It's an incredible value at $399. Zero buyer's remorse on this one.

Apr 6, 2021 at 1:36 AM Post #1,459 of 2,952
I've been using the Arya tonight and like the Z1R it sounds better than ever with the Jot2. Compared to my chi-fi amps that measure better the Jot2 sounds so much more musical and I know that's a bit of a cliche at this point but it's true.

Apr 6, 2021 at 6:31 PM Post #1,460 of 2,952
I have ordered Jot2 and Modius in Mid FEBRUARY and been waiting since then. And now jot2 has been backordered till 27th may. What? Is there any chance my order will ship sooner than that? Modius is also backordered till 22nd April. I mean It’s getting frustrating. I understand the part delays and Covid situation but I’m starting to get the impression that I’m not gonna get my order this year. I recently purchased Arya and My jot1 is not doing them justice.

Apr 6, 2021 at 7:25 PM Post #1,461 of 2,952
Couple of posts before mine mentioned they are on the fence on buying the Jot2 direct from Schiit USA if they are from Europe due to the shipping and import fees (I am assuming) and due to recent posts that few had to return their defective Jot2 are making them think twice since returning it back to USA might be more costly. As a fellow from USA, I was just feeling empathy for them and can understand their concerns.
I placed my Jot2 order on Dec 21, several days after introduction. At the time of my order, it was listed as "in stock, shipping 3 days".

Problems were posted in the various forums from first buyers, and Schiit, changed their delivery times.

I understand, from followup posts on the forums, that Schiit payed for cross shipping both ways for affected units. A Schiit explanation of the problem, and the remedy, was posted here on Head-Fi in the Schiit thread. I'll let those interested search for it.

My unit was shipped Jan 12. I've had no problems with the unit, nor have I heard of others having problems (since the initial fix).

There's no reason to malign a small manufacturer, especially with no firsthand experience.

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:22 PM Post #1,462 of 2,952
I placed my Jot2 order on Dec 21, several days after introduction. At the time of my order, it was listed as "in stock, shipping 3 days".

Problems were posted in the various forums from first buyers, and Schiit, changed their delivery times.

I understand, from followup posts on the forums, that Schiit payed for cross shipping both ways for affected units. A Schiit explanation of the problem, and the remedy, was posted here on Head-Fi in the Schiit thread. I'll let those interested search for it.

My unit was shipped Jan 12. I've had no problems with the unit, nor have I heard of others having problems (since the initial fix).

There's no reason to malign a small manufacturer, especially with no firsthand experience.
Not sure if the maligning a small manufacturer comment was directed to me or not. Want to clear any misconception.

There were some posts back on April 3rd mentioning their concerns about buying the Jot2 due to other owners' recent defective units. They mentioned it was a potential hassle and expensive to return or repair if shipping back from Europe. I was being empathetic and noting their situation on a follow up comment.

My comment did not tell anyone to not buy from Schiit or hold off on their purchase. It's a decision that they will have to make on their own whether it's worth their time.

I have bought several items directly from Schiit, so I consider myself a fan. I also bought the Jot2 in January during the period when some early owners reported issues. This did not bother me or made me hesitate to purchase the amp because I live in the US. If I had to return the amp, its not a hassle to me and I know Schiit will take care of me.

I can't speak to the real experiences that folks living outside of the USA will encounter when they return items back to Schiit. I was only understanding their concerns and hesitation. I just hope anyone wherever they are, can enjoy this great amp.

Apr 6, 2021 at 10:40 PM Post #1,463 of 2,952
Man, I ordered mine on March 16 and got it on the 30th and I thought that was long because every other Schiit product I've got shipped within a day or 2 at most. Guess there's a lot of people wanting the Jot2 which makes sense seeing how good it is for the price.

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:28 AM Post #1,464 of 2,952
I have ordered Jot2 and Modius in Mid FEBRUARY and been waiting since then. And now jot2 has been backordered till 27th may. What? Is there any chance my order will ship sooner than that? Modius is also backordered till 22nd April. I mean It’s getting frustrating. I understand the part delays and Covid situation but I’m starting to get the impression that I’m not gonna get my order this year. I recently purchased Arya and My jot1 is not doing them justice.
It is frustrating for me too. But I imagine that the people it is most frustrating for is the people that are working for Schiit. My impression from watching and listening to them on YouTube is that they are good people doing their best. The « COVID situation » isn’t just a production issue. For some reason, maybe the new trend of Work From Home, there has been a 7 or 10 fold explosion of demand for their products.

As Jason Stoddard said in one of the Webcasts there is a simple solution to their problem: they could just jack up their prices by a lot, and the demand would drop down, but they want to keep their prices related to their production costs.

I am already waiting for my two first higher end audio products. The last time I bought any hifi stuff was in the 70s, with money I earned from mowing lawns. I am getting a Modius and a Vali 2+. Later I may become part of the waiting line for the Jotunheim. I am waiting for that moment that I have read about where you turn on the system and listen, and think « wow, this is way better than directly from my PC ».

Sometimes things take awhile. Stuff happens. That’s life.

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:06 PM Post #1,465 of 2,952
Been loving my Jot2 for the past week but just found out that for my most-power hungry headphones, when i get to a certain volume everything sounds EXTREMELY distorted. Hadn't noticed until just now because I hadn't been using those headphones, but I believe there's a problem with the gain, likely where it transitions from class A to class B.

Noticed because my K7XX (which aren't anything i'd listen to music on but are comfortable for gaming) out of the SE output sounded TERRIBLE. But anything more sensitive like iems or my th900 sound normal since they don't need much power at all.

I have two friends who've both had to get their Jot2 replaced because they died. Between that and now my faulty unit, I'm going to send it back but I am now wary.

I think the QC on Jot2 is very questionable....

Apr 7, 2021 at 12:45 PM Post #1,466 of 2,952
Been loving my Jot2 for the past week but just found out that for my most-power hungry headphones, when i get to a certain volume everything sounds EXTREMELY distorted. Hadn't noticed until just now because I hadn't been using those headphones, but I believe there's a problem with the gain, likely where it transitions from class A to class B.

Noticed because my K7XX (which aren't anything i'd listen to music on but are comfortable for gaming) out of the SE output sounded TERRIBLE. But anything more sensitive like iems or my th900 sound normal since they don't need much power at all.

I have two friends who've both had to get their Jot2 replaced because they died. Between that and now my faulty unit, I'm going to send it back but I am now wary.

I think the QC on Jot2 is very questionable....
I'm experiencing distortion sometimes depending on volume and music playing, it is not really noticeable but it's there.

I'd love to know if this means that the unit is faulty or the transition from class A to B or what?

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:22 PM Post #1,467 of 2,952
I'm experiencing distortion sometimes depending on volume and music playing, it is not really noticeable but it's there.

I'd love to know if this means that the unit is faulty or the transition from class A to B or what?
I have not noticed even a trace of distortion. Clean and quiet backgrounds and full meaty sound is how I would describe this amp. What I did notice is that some headphones, noticeably LCD-XC, distort if I apply EQ suggested by some YouTube talking heads.

Apr 7, 2021 at 1:28 PM Post #1,469 of 2,952
I have not noticed even a trace of distortion. Clean and quiet backgrounds and full meaty sound is how I would describe this amp. What I did notice is that some headphones, noticeably LCD-XC, distort if I apply EQ suggested by some YouTube talking heads.
Thanks for this, I will try w/o EQ might be that... I have noticed very very little distortion very very little times and depending mostly on certain songs, my listening volume is very moderate. I have to try with a different amp tho so I make sure it's the amp and not the song.

So far the amp has been working flawlessly and it still does every single day. 0 Buyer's remorse

Last edited:
Apr 7, 2021 at 1:30 PM Post #1,470 of 2,952
Just an update on the Jot 2, its been about a month since I've had it. I haven't had any issues with it so far and it definitely sounds better after a whole month of burn in and just leaving it on. Its just so good pairing it with Bi-frost 2. I am using my abyss diana v2 with it and it has plenty of power to drive it efficiently.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back