Schiit Jotunheim 2 - Impressions Thread
Dec 23, 2020 at 11:07 PM Post #63 of 2,948
Jesus I didn't even know this thing existed until 20 minutes ago when I saw this thread....here I was happy (20 minutes ago) with my OG Jot but now just looking at it over there digusts me. Looking all old and stupid and outdated and irrelevant. I oughta take a hammer to that stupid piece of schiit. Now I know what my next gear purchase will be!

Dec 23, 2020 at 11:31 PM Post #65 of 2,948
Jesus I didn't even know this thing existed until 20 minutes ago when I saw this thread....here I was happy (20 minutes ago) with my OG Jot but now just looking at it over there digusts me. Looking all old and stupid and outdated and irrelevant. I oughta take a hammer to that stupid piece of schiit. Now I know what my next gear purchase will be!

lol nice post

Dec 23, 2020 at 11:35 PM Post #66 of 2,948
Just got mine in. Initial impressions with this chain: Bifrost 2 > Jotunheim 2 > Verite closed

I'm very tempted to order the Jot 2 because my pair of Verite Closed don't sound very good with the Liquid Platinum. (Edit: I changed the pads on the Verite Closed and now the LP is a good match)

Last edited:
Dec 23, 2020 at 11:40 PM Post #67 of 2,948
I'm very tempted to order the Jot 2 because my pair of Verite Closed don't sound very good with the Liquid Platinum.

I say do it. I've never heard my Verite sound this good. I'm hearing details I've really never heard with Jot 1 or Lyr 3. I really can't believe how big of an upgrade this is. This amp is an insane value.

Going from Jot 1 to Jot 2 is as big of a jump in detail is going from Atticus to Verite.

Dec 23, 2020 at 11:58 PM Post #68 of 2,948
I say do it. I've never heard my Verite sound this good. I'm hearing details I've really never heard with Jot 1 or Lyr 3. I really can't believe how big of an upgrade this is. This amp is an insane value.

Going from Jot 1 to Jot 2 is as big of a jump in detail is going from Atticus to Verite.

Ok, you convinced me :wink:

Last edited:
Dec 24, 2020 at 4:21 AM Post #69 of 2,948

We've all be there, my friend. We've all been there.

Dec 24, 2020 at 4:55 AM Post #70 of 2,948
Just got mine in. Initial impressions with this chain: Bifrost 2 > Jotunheim 2 > Verite closed and Aeon closed RT.

Caveat: I love Jot 1 and it has been my daily driver despite having owned and sold THX 789, Asgard 3, and still having Lyr 3 and the iFI Zen CAN.

Probably new toy syndrome, but this is a significant upgrade over Jot 1 and may be the best Schiit amp I've heard so far, including Rag 2 and Mjolnir 2.

Vs. Jot 1, sound stage is much wider and imaging is significantly improved. The bass is still meaty like Jot 1, but Jot 2 seems to hit harder in the sub bass.

I think the most surprising difference is in the treble. There is a lot more treble detail going on here, and it's right at the edge of being fatiguing, but somehow isn't.

Fast! This amp is really fast compared to Jot 1 and Lyr 3.

It's like the meaty, rich tonality of Jot 1, the soundstage and detail of Lyr 3, and faster transients of a chip amp blended together.
Hello,
The Jot 1/original Jot expresses changes in volume magnitude unwell. Every singer/ instrumental notes are always as loud as others.
May i ask if the Jot 2 suffers that problem? Thank you

Dec 24, 2020 at 7:17 AM Post #71 of 2,948

What tube(s) are you using with your Lyr 3?

My curiosity over balanced compelled me to order a Jot 2 several days ago. I'll be astounded if the Jot 2 can surpass the detail from the Lyr 3 with a round plate 6f8g.

Dec 24, 2020 at 8:10 AM Post #73 of 2,948
Hello,
The Jot 1/original Jot expresses changes in volume magnitude unwell. Every singer/ instrumental notes are always as loud as others.
May i ask if the Jot 2 suffers that problem? Thank you
I never felt Jot 1 had dynamic compression but I’ve heard others say that. It may be due to the warmer treble. Jot 2 sounds more extended in the treble and very dynamic.

Dec 24, 2020 at 9:39 AM Post #74 of 2,948
Just got mine in. Initial impressions with this chain: Bifrost 2 > Jotunheim 2 > Verite closed and Aeon closed RT.

Caveat: I love Jot 1 and it has been my daily driver despite having owned and sold THX 789, Asgard 3, and still having Lyr 3 and the iFI Zen CAN.

Probably new toy syndrome, but this is a significant upgrade over Jot 1 and may be the best Schiit amp I've heard so far, including Rag 2 and Mjolnir 2.

Vs. Jot 1, sound stage is much wider and imaging is significantly improved. The bass is still meaty like Jot 1, but Jot 2 seems to hit harder in the sub bass.

I think the most surprising difference is in the treble. There is a lot more treble detail going on here, and it's right at the edge of being fatiguing, but somehow isn't.

Fast! This amp is really fast compared to Jot 1 and Lyr 3.

It's like the meaty, rich tonality of Jot 1, the soundstage and detail of Lyr 3, and faster transients of a chip amp blended together.
Would you say the Jot2 soundstage is more dimensional now with width, depth, and height? Lot of folks say the OG Jot suffered from the limited soundstage where its just all upfront and wide like a wall of sound coming at you.

In what ways is the Jot2 better than Mjolnir2, if you can provide more details, thanks.

Dec 24, 2020 at 1:33 PM Post #75 of 2,948
Would you say the Jot2 soundstage is more dimensional now with width, depth, and height? Lot of folks say the OG Jot suffered from the limited soundstage where its just all upfront and wide like a wall of sound coming at you.

In what ways is the Jot2 better than Mjolnir2, if you can provide more details, thanks.

From first impressions, Jot 2 has more width and depth than Jot 1. Both Asgard 2 and Lyr 3. I think the Continuity solution may increase soundstage.

Jot 2 has a bit of that "holographic" sound that creates a sense of three dimensionality to music, whereas Jot 1 was a more 2D image.

I've never really heard much of a height component to music so can't help there. The Jot 2 soundstage is much improved and there is a greater sense of space between sounds than with Jot 1. Jot 1 generates a very intense high energy experience, but is very focus near the ears. Jot 2 takes that out to the shoulder, very similar to Jyr 3. I'd have to go back and forth to see which amp wins on staging. The intensity (slam factor) of the Jot 1 is maintained in Jot 2, but now takes up a larger sphere.

My only complaints with Jot 1 were treble detail and staging and Jot 2 fixes both of these issues for me.

Regarding Mjolinir 2, I've only heard it at CanJam fed by Gungnir Multibit into Aeon 1 open. From memory, Jot 2 wins on speed and maybe imaging but I'd have to hear again. Both have really meaty bass that is very well textured. I think staging was better on Mjolnir 2.

I was going to get a Mjolnir 2 but then Lyr 3 came out and fit on my desk better. Gungnir Multibit > Mjolnir 2 > Aeon open was a really amazing combo with extremely satisfying bass. It had an immediate wow factor and I'd love to hear this setup again, but it wasn't at CanJam 2020.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back