Schiit Jotunheim 2 - Impressions Thread
Jan 17, 2021 at 9:42 PM Post #393 of 2,952
Just want to mention that id pay $50 extra for a Jot 2 with the knob of Jot 1 and an anodized black finish rather than the hammered black finish.

I would pay 50$ extra for having a 3 gains switch instead of 2 positions of gain, with central one at 0.00, neutral for pre amp. Then a switch for pre out rca, pre out XLR, or headphones, so another 3 positions switch instead of the current 2.

I would pay another 100$ extra, if the knob was a digital ladder, motorized, and with a remote control... Turn it into a dream pre amp maybe... with digital controls for sources...
Jesus, I am dreaming of an 800$ jot now... I think all 3 switches make them 3 positions with more functionality would be. The current aestehic in black is great. Black knob would look good too, but current silver gives a lot of contrast and personality for the brand and device. It's very nice. The CNC knob of the current silver even better.

Jan 17, 2021 at 9:49 PM Post #394 of 2,952
Isn't the point of Continuity/Continuity S to eliminate or reduce the transconductance droop when the amp moves into class B? Hence any Schiit product with Continuity would be class A/B.

yes, Jason said specifically that for Continuity S its there to help reduce the transconductance droop at the A/B switchover point. In the case of Asgard 3 with Continuity, the circuitry is active even before the A/B switchover point (resulting in higher idle power dissipation than an AB only amplifier, but far less than comparable class A unit of same rated max power)

Jan 17, 2021 at 10:03 PM Post #395 of 2,952
Is the LED on front still going to light up my whole room like the Jot 1 does? :fearful:
Blue Tack, tape, mud.

Come on man, surely you can come up with a way to blank the led?

Jan 19, 2021 at 1:54 PM Post #397 of 2,952
Mine has finally arrived!! Unfortunately, I'm stuck here on campus working until later tonight, and then I am putting a new PC together when I get home...

Schiit gave me a month between ordering and shipping, and I still didn't finish soldering my XLR headphone cables in time 😂... hopefully I'll be able to get around to that tonight, until then, I'll be using single-ended. I'm thinking I'm going to reterminate my stock HD800 cable with XLR, and make a new single ended HD800 cable out of some Mogami starquad. ZMF Atticus/Blackwood balanced cable is a handmade, hand-braided eight-core silver plated copper (28awg)... just need to add connectors.

Jan 19, 2021 at 2:18 PM Post #398 of 2,952
Now there's a delay on the Magnius...
Hey man, did you get the Magnius? I reached out to Schiit today on the status of my Jotunheim that I placed an order on 1/6th. They told me I have to wait another 7 to 10 days. So I guess on the website, if it says In Stock Ship 7 to 10 days, its really means ship 14 to 25 days?

Last edited:
Jan 19, 2021 at 2:26 PM Post #403 of 2,952
Yup, I understand the amp only or 4490 DAC will take 7-10days, whereas phono & Multibit DAC modules will take at least a few weeks.

But I'm being patient, it'll be worth the wait I reckon!
Worth your waiting time and every penny!

Jan 19, 2021 at 6:39 PM Post #405 of 2,952
My Jot 2 came in today! Sounds great, and I love being able to turn off the signal going to my subs/monitors! Listening with LCD-X.
It gets markedly better after 24-48h of listening. LCD-X will show you improvement for sure.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back