Schiit Jotunheim 2 - Impressions Thread
Feb 5, 2022 at 3:07 PM Post #2,176 of 2,952
Cool thanks for the reply Odin - but I was mainly referring to this on Schiits own website https://www.schiit.co.uk/index.php?route=product/guides
The whole of the UK are out of stock of new products
1) Schiit has no operations overseas. Nothing in the U.K.
2) The link you reference is an independent distributor
3) According to Schiit themselves (Jason) the backlog is due to supply chain issues, NOT California fires
4) Smaller profile hardware is manufactured in Texas primarily, not Cali (They make the larger products in Cali)

Hope this helps!

Good luck

Leo

Feb 5, 2022 at 3:40 PM Post #2,177 of 2,952
3) According to Schiit themselves (Jason) the backlog is due to supply chain issues, NOT California fires
4) Smaller profile hardware is manufactured in Texas primarily, not Cali (They make the larger products in Cali)

Hope this helps!

Good luck

Leo
Yeah, I think I read something recently where Schiit claimed the onus is on the international distributors to order and maintain stock locally, Schiit themselves have no control over this.

I gave up buying any Schiit here in Australia, ordered everything direct from them and it's worked out just fine. Pretty much everything I've ordered has arrived in 7 days or less, I guess I've been lucky at the times I've ordered they've had stock of what I was after.

Don't know what import duties/VAT might be for the UK, but if you can deal with that, then purchasing direct is likely the only choice. At $400 plus shipping, Jot2 is still a damn good deal for what you get, so I reckon it's worth the trouble.

Feb 5, 2022 at 3:56 PM Post #2,178 of 2,952
Yeah, I think I read something recently where Schiit claimed the onus is on the international distributors to order and maintain stock locally, Schiit themselves have no control over this.

I gave up buying any Schiit here in Australia, ordered everything direct from them and it's worked out just fine. Pretty much everything I've ordered has arrived in 7 days or less, I guess I've been lucky at the times I've ordered they've had stock of what I was after.

Don't know what import duties/VAT might be for the UK, but if you can deal with that, then purchasing direct is likely the only choice. At $400 plus shipping, Jot2 is still a damn good deal for what you get, so I reckon it's worth the trouble.
Thanks Newey, I'm looking to pair something with my Audeze LCD-2 Closed. Currently I have an old Asus Essence One external DAC/Amp, and this isn't cutting it so wanted something to replace it with. I'm thinking a Schiit Jotunheim 2 is just that, with a decent DAC

Feb 5, 2022 at 4:03 PM Post #2,179 of 2,952

Hope this helps!

Good luck

Leo
It helps to a degree, however the website is very much Schiit branded? Maybe I have the wrong end of this stick?

EDIT: Yes you are right Lucky - Electromod Ltd - Company no 11353275 they are a distributor

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2022 at 4:24 PM Post #2,180 of 2,952

Don't know what import duties/VAT might be for the UK, but if you can deal with that, then purchasing direct is likely the only choice. At $400 plus shipping, Jot2 is still a damn good deal for what you get, so I reckon it's worth the troub
This would be great but Im not sure what warranty I have ordering from the US - infact the 'Schiit UK' website mentions this as well

Feb 5, 2022 at 4:27 PM Post #2,181 of 2,952

Schiit did not claim the onus is on the distributors in terms of product availability. That problem lies squarely with Schiit. In terms of the international websites, you are right, the onus is on the distributors to maintain the websites and messaging, not Schiit.....

Feb 6, 2022 at 2:40 AM Post #2,182 of 2,952
This would be great but Im not sure what warranty I have ordering from the US - infact the 'Schiit UK' website mentions this as well
You would have the same 5year warranty as anyone else purchasing a Jotunheim. The catch is you may be responsible for shipping it back to them for any warranty work, but send them an email to check.

Feb 6, 2022 at 7:48 PM Post #2,183 of 2,952
Anybody compare this to an zen can yet?

I ordered my jot2 last week. Will hopefully be a good upgrade from my OG micro ican that I’ve been using for about 5 years. The zen can is probably the closest thing to it these days.

Really hoping I won’t miss the XBass too much. I have a Loki and am really hoping the jot2 will deliver enough on the low end. The quantity with the Loki is about 2 dB more than the XBass, but the XBass seems cleaner. Really hoping that I’ll get better low end extension, slam, and rumble out of the jot 2 without having to crank the Loki near max bass boost.

My headphones are ananda, m1570c, and emu teak. DAC is an OG mimby, but I just installed the upgraded firmware chip today.

Also down the road I’d like to get a bifrost 2 or denafrips ares ii, is there a clear reason to go with one vs the other? From what I’ve read the ares ii seems like it’d be a better choice with the jot2, as it could improve the staging and add some warmth, is that correct?

Last edited:
Feb 6, 2022 at 8:45 PM Post #2,184 of 2,952
Anybody compare this to an zen can yet?

I ordered my jot2 last week. Will hopefully be a good upgrade from my OG micro ican that I’ve been using for about 5 years. The zen can is probably the closest thing to it these days.

Really hoping I won’t miss the XBass too much. I have a Loki and am really hoping the jot2 will deliver enough on the low end. The quantity with the Loki is about 2 dB more than the XBass, but the XBass seems cleaner. Really hoping that I’ll get better low end extension, slam, and rumble out of the jot 2 without having to crank the Loki near max bass boost.

My headphones are ananda, m1570c, and emu teak. DAC is an OG mimby, but I just installed the upgraded firmware chip today.

Also down the road I’d like to get a bifrost 2 or denafrips ares ii, is there a clear reason to go with one vs the other? From what I’ve read the ares ii seems like it’d be a better choice with the jot2, as it could improve the staging and add some warmth, is that correct?
lol, I just ordered my Jot 2 last week, as well as an Ares II.

Feb 6, 2022 at 9:31 PM Post #2,186 of 2,952
Awesome choices. What made you choose the ares?
R2R brought my attention to it, then I read all the reviews and the reviews all agree it sounds great! Plus it's just what I wanted, a pure balanced R2R DAC under $1,000.

Feb 6, 2022 at 10:32 PM Post #2,187 of 2,952
lol, I just ordered my Jot 2 last week, as well as an Ares II.
If 🎼 is what you seek, 🎼 is what you will find with that duet! 👏

Feb 6, 2022 at 10:41 PM Post #2,188 of 2,952
Feb 6, 2022 at 10:44 PM Post #2,190 of 2,952
IDK, I find Bifrost 2 with Jotunheim 2 to be slightly too warm at times, and I think the Ares II is supposed to be even warmer than the B2. Not for me.
Which headphones / cables?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back