Schiit Jotunheim 2 - Impressions Thread
Jan 30, 2022 at 3:22 PM Post #2,161 of 2,952
Has anyone done extensive comparisons of the Jot2 with the Multibit card vs. Jot2 and Bifrost 2? I have the Jot2 with the Mulitibit card, happy with the current configuration for the most part but on rare occasion I do hear some D-A conversion artifacts I don’t hear on my other system, so I find myself wondering if upgrading to Bifrost 2 is something to consider?
You can look through the Bifrost 2 thread for impressions but it's pretty unanimous that the Bifrost 2 beats out multibit card

Jan 30, 2022 at 3:37 PM Post #2,162 of 2,952
Has anyone done extensive comparisons of the Jot2 with the Multibit card vs. Jot2 and Bifrost 2? I have the Jot2 with the Mulitibit card, happy with the current configuration for the most part but on rare occasion I do hear some D-A conversion artifacts I don’t hear on my other system, so I find myself wondering if upgrading to Bifrost 2 is something to consider?
Well…. Soon. I have the bifrost 2 but no jot 2 yet still on order. Been trying to track down a used one :)

Feb 3, 2022 at 12:57 AM Post #2,163 of 2,952
You can look through the Bifrost 2 thread for impressions but it's pretty unanimous that the Bifrost 2 beats out multibit card
Haha. But that’s $200 vs $700… I wouldn’t be surprised with that result..
Thinking to get Jot2 + multibit card over the Mojo 2.. is there any better dac/amp on that price range? Or Jot 2 (without dac card) + modi 2 multibit?

Feb 3, 2022 at 1:37 AM Post #2,164 of 2,952
Thinking to get Jot2 + multibit card over the Mojo 2.. is there any better dac/amp on that price range? Or Jot 2 (without dac card) + modi 2 multibit?
Sorry I'm not the guy to ask. You'll have to search some threads or hopefully someone else here can help out. I just got my Bifrost 2 and I hadn't tried any other DAC modules with the Jot before that

Feb 3, 2022 at 6:05 AM Post #2,165 of 2,952
So another price hike on Schiit products. Silver options are now 20-30$ more expensive. I hope at least they can keep all silver products consistent in the finish this time.

Feb 3, 2022 at 7:59 AM Post #2,166 of 2,952
I ordered the Jot2 and the the Denefrips AresII

Feb 3, 2022 at 8:42 AM Post #2,167 of 2,952
I briefly had the EITR > Modi Multibit > Jot 2 via RCA combo for my work set up. It was mediocre. The Jot 2 sounded compressed and almost dull.
If the BF2 is too much for the wallet at the moment, I'd vouch for the Modius. It sounds excellent with the Jot 2 (balanced) and at $200, it is a killer DAC.

The Jot 2 sounds best balanced despite the single ended output. While the SE output is competent, balanced is where the Jot 2 really shines.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2022 at 11:06 AM Post #2,168 of 2,952
I wish I got a modius just to compare the two. I hear it's a great dac

Feb 3, 2022 at 11:49 AM Post #2,169 of 2,952
I wish I got a modius just to compare the two. I hear it's a great dac
I have both and I am honestly happy with both in my setups.
Modius is great but if you have a Bifrost 2, you're not missing much. Modius is slightly more analytical and dryer.

On a side note, if anyone was considering the ES9028 card for the Jot 2, personally, I'd get a standalone Modius or BF2. The output from the DAC card is weak compared to XLR in, resulting in a lower volume than a stand alone. Jot 2 feels underpowered with the DAC card. I've noticed this even with the "Balance" option selected on the DAC card.

Last edited:
Feb 3, 2022 at 12:44 PM Post #2,170 of 2,952
I have both and I am honestly happy with both in my setups.
Modius is great but if you have a Bifrost 2, you're not missing much. Modius is slightly more analytical and dryer.

On a side note, if anyone was considering the ES9028 card for the Jot 2, personally, I'd get a standalone Modius or BF2. The output from the DAC card is weak compared to XLR in, resulting in a lower volume than a stand alone. Jot 2 feels underpowered with the DAC card. I've noticed this even with the "Balance" option selected on the DAC card.
Modius generally pair with Magnius.. shall I downgrade my target to Magnius and call it a day? I will be listening through LCD-3. I just want to have an analytical dac and an amp with sufficient power.

Feb 3, 2022 at 5:08 PM Post #2,171 of 2,952
for those on the fence about getting a Modius and like the AKM4399 sound, best to order now to get in the queue. in a few months or so (depending on stock depletion rate, ability to get parts & build ESS-based units) Modius E with ESS 9028 will replace the AKM version.

Last edited:
Feb 5, 2022 at 1:38 PM Post #2,173 of 2,952
Hey, first time posting so apologies if I've missed something - is there any word on the supply issues to the UK? I see on Schiit website there is a huge lack of stock because of fires in Cali?
Fall is the main California fire season and we don't have any large fires right now so the current issues are likely due more to the general global supply chain issues.

Feb 5, 2022 at 1:55 PM Post #2,174 of 2,952
Feb 5, 2022 at 1:58 PM Post #2,175 of 2,952
I briefly had the EITR > Modi Multibit > Jot 2 via RCA combo for my work set up. It was mediocre. The Jot 2 sounded compressed and almost dull.
If the BF2 is too much for the wallet at the moment, I'd vouch for the Modius. It sounds excellent with the Jot 2 (balanced) and at $200, it is a killer DAC.

The Jot 2 sounds best balanced despite the single ended output. While the SE output is competent, balanced is where the Jot 2 really shines.
I'd definitely agree with this. Get the Modius instead of the MB card. It has Unison, balanced output and sounds better with Jot2. I preferred Modius to Modi MB as well with Jot2. Better get it now though, before the Modius gets sabred.

Users who are viewing this thread

• JeoO
Back